KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » SF1 Ryu VS Rock Howard

SF1 Ryu VS Rock Howard
Started by: Sado22

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Man of Violence
How? He has nothin' over Ryu. Except style...

He is Ryu's superior in almost every attribute, except perhaps Power.

Have you ever had the chance to control this guy?
This guy is a BEAST! Too fast and too powerful for a 2D character.
Almost too cheap to be a non-boss character.
He has the speed of Terry Bogard, and the power of Geese Howard.
He's more like Akuma of SF, who has the best balance of Ryu's power and Ken's speed.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Nov 14th, 2008 06:02 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site
Saikyo Pharaoh Sol Radguy

Originally posted by Sado22
ditto. he's naturally gifted, has special bloodline,
So

lots of power and lots of hands-on experience.
So does Ryu

he's also had a tougher life.
That doesn't make you a good fighter

Rock also has enough power to bring down a mansion with a move that doesn't even strike the ground like terry's
WHAT, that mansion aint go down cuz of Rock's move, did it even go down?...

heck, ryu at 33 never did anything better than that laughing out loud
WTF, Ryu can wreck sky scrappers wit regular special moves.

power: rock
speed: rock...come and tlak when Ryu can run towards you only to do it so fast he blurs out of vision and comes right behind you
experience: rock
versitality: rock
ability: rock (no dojo dork)

Rock wins 8/10
None of what you said proves he is better and the dude can only blur for 2 special moves.

"Step back loser! Make way for the winner!"
-Anakaris-

Old Post Nov 14th, 2008 06:07 PM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site

Originally posted by occultdestroyer
He is Ryu's superior in almost every attribute, except perhaps Power.

Have you ever had the chance to control this guy?
This guy is a BEAST! Too fast and too powerful for a 2D character.
Almost too cheap to be a non-boss character.
He has the speed of Terry Bogard, and the power of Geese Howard.
He's more like Akuma of SF, who has the best balance of Ryu's power and Ken's speed.
Your talkin' about game play gameplay...

-Anakaris-

Old Post Nov 14th, 2008 06:09 PM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

dude, SF1 Ryu DOES NOT have a power feat. so even suggesting that he is stronger than Rock is stupid. in fact, Ryu hasn't had a power feat up until SF3:3rd strike.

Rock's power feat: bringing down a huge palace/mansion by doing his Deadly Rave, which was a stronger version of Geese's. Notice also that rock didn't do it INSIDE the mansion but outside it. what brought down the place was the IMPACT of the move. that's bloody impressive. in fact, i think that's one of the most impressive feats in SNKverse, at least for the regular cast people.

~Sado

Old Post Nov 14th, 2008 06:11 PM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
So

his power is naturally in him, and its strong cuz its from geese.

quote:
So does Ryu

ryu was a dojo dork. Rock wasn't.

quote:
That doesn't make you a good fighter

granted, but that never stops people from brining up how ryu's a true warrior for constantly living a harsh lifestyle. your buddy remulus brought it up once too.

quote:
WHAT, that mansion aint go down cuz of Rock's move, did it even go down?

of course it went down, foo. did you even play the game? Rock brought it down.

quote:
WTF, Ryu can wreck sky scrappers wit regular special moves.

no he cant. we've been through this before. SFA hadoukens feat DIRECTLY contradict stuff from canon sources AND udon comics.

quote:
None of what you said proves he is better and the dude can only blur for 2 special moves.

of course it does. if the guy's WAY faster, WAY stronger, more experienced, more versatile and has more natural ability.........it means he better.

that was low, man.

~Sado

Old Post Nov 14th, 2008 06:15 PM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site

dude, SF1 Ryu DOES NOT have a power feat. so even suggesting that he is stronger than Rock is stupid. in fact, Ryu hasn't had a power feat up until SF3:3rd strike.
I NEVER said he was stronger than Rock, WTF is up wit you people?!

Rock's power feat: bringing down a huge palace/mansion by doing his Deadly Rave, which was a stronger version of Geese's. Notice also that rock didn't do it INSIDE the mansion but outside it. what brought down the place was the IMPACT of the move. that's bloody impressive. in fact, i think that's one of the most impressive feats in SNKverse, at least for the regular cast people.

~Sado
I'm gonna go check that endin' out. If it's true than Rock wins. I like Rock MORE than Ryu. I didn't say Ryu would win, I said it was a tie.

-Anakaris-

Old Post Nov 14th, 2008 06:18 PM
I-Drop
Privateer

Let me know when you get the results. Everything Sado says has to be doublechecked. If true this also puts Rock's power feats above his mentor's. Waaay above.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2008 12:50 AM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

that's rich coming from somebody he's been downplaying geese and anything else from FF and KoF since day one. i recall you talking about "geese falling off a building and dying" to make him look bad. oh and who downplays Ryo by saying stuff like "his projectiles can be stopped with a fist" laughing out loud

and do you people NOT recall the falling palace at the end of virtually EVERYBODY's ending? seriously...

~Sado

Old Post Nov 16th, 2008 06:48 AM
I-Drop
Privateer

That game was out like 9 years ago right?

Last edited by I-Drop on Nov 16th, 2008 at 07:30 AM

Old Post Nov 16th, 2008 07:20 AM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

i remember it. IIRC everyone's ending had Kain tell them to gtfo immediately or they'll die. we don't see it Rock's ending but practically EVERYONE else's ending has the place fall apart and they have to bail out.

http://www.vgmuseum.com/end/neogeo/a/garourock.htm

Old Post Nov 16th, 2008 07:32 AM
I-Drop
Privateer

That contradicts the shit out of what you said about Rock doing it w/the NDR.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2008 09:05 AM
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

no it doesnt. did you NOT see the palace wrecked in virtually everyone's ending? practically everyone's ending has them make it out of there in the nick of time with Kain telling them to hurry?

why not Rock's? for one, they WERE fighting outside. secondly, it was the MANSION that fell not the columnade OUTSIDE that damn mansion since it wasnt even holding up anything but statues.

~Sado

Last edited by Sado22 on Nov 16th, 2008 at 04:02 PM

Old Post Nov 16th, 2008 03:52 PM
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

from nationmaster.com
quote:
Rock and Kain fought shortly after the conversation and Kain gained an unfair advantage with his majestic purple flames. Rock's hidden power erupted near the end of the match as Rock made nasty work out of Kain with a deadlier version of Geese's Deadly Rave. The mansion crumbled throughout the process.

also the mansion when Terry arrives in Rock's ending is pretty much dark and messed up. in places its referred to as ruins of the mansion.

~Sado

Old Post Nov 16th, 2008 04:06 PM
I-Drop
Privateer

You think the process they talk of is just the NDR or the whole scrap?

Old Post Nov 17th, 2008 04:53 AM
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

just the NDR. becuase prior to thta, Rock was getting smacked around for the most part of it because Kain was too powerful.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2008 04:55 AM
I-Drop
Privateer

Read that part already. Kain wasn't also doing damage to the mansion as he whooped on Rock?

Old Post Nov 17th, 2008 04:59 AM
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

true, but the only huge ass power released in the fight was from Rock. Kain wasn't trying to kill Rock because he needed him. i doubt he was going all out like Rock was. and the link i posted clearly gives credit to rock for it. they didnt' say it was something that happened overtime but only when Rock did it.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2008 05:04 AM
I-Drop
Privateer

"throughout the process" seems vague, like it could mean the entire fight. Fuk it, doesn't matter to me anyway 'cuz Rock still takes this w/or w/out it. Would this power feat put him over his mentor?

Old Post Nov 17th, 2008 05:20 AM
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

Ryu training in a dojo with ken is trye, but sado forgot to mentioned they where being mentored by the then greatest martial artist on the planet - Gouken.

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Nov 17th, 2008 05:29 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

Originally posted by Man of Violence
But he knows how...

I aint gonna lie, I don't know shit 'bout Star Wars but it seems he can use the Dark Hadou easily if he wants to.

Like if it's a fight to the death, what's stoppin'im?

The Dark hadou tempts the user with unequaled near unlimited potential fighting energy, and the skill to defeat any opponent. But the price is incredibly high, Once you use the dark ahdou to take life, if you stain your hands with the blood of death usingh the Killing intent, then you are trapped within an endless cycle of victories, you can never know your true potential, and you only seek death in combat.

Essentially it's a Fighters curse, but the Dark Hadou has a more sinister edge to it. For those who cannot control it at will, and use it to kill reguardless of consequence, then they become maddened monsters, incapable of rational human though, all they seek is battle, and will stop at nothing to bathe in the sights and sounds of fighting and destruction.

For those like Akuma, who can utilise the Dark Hadou at will, they become no less inhuman... they become cold, detached, and although they seek out battle, they do it in a cold- calculating and methodical way, seeking out only the worthy, looking for the one who can kill them and set them free from mortality.

So you see, they con's far surpass the pro's of the Dark Hadou, even it's current master (Akuma/Gouki) seeks death in battle to end the curse.

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Nov 17th, 2008 12:09 PM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote