KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Shao Kahn vs. Kratos

Shao Kahn vs. Kratos
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheGoldenSpy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NemeBro
Omnipotence cannot be defeated. Period.

The One Being therefore is not omnipotent.

It could be defeated if the Omnipotent entity wanted to lose.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2010 05:30 AM
TheGoldenSpy is currently offline Click here to Send TheGoldenSpy a Private Message Find more posts by TheGoldenSpy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by TheGoldenSpy
It could be defeated if the Omnipotent entity wanted to lose.
That is not being defeated. And it is not a feat for anyone then.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2010 05:32 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bro SMASH

Originally posted by FinalAnswer
The Elder Gods weakened The One Being's omnipotence with the Kamidogu though smile

No, rly, if you're claiming that Shao Kahn is omnipotent, that's kinda hilarious.

Not really, since they have yet to do that to Shao Kahn himself.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2010 05:36 AM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Oh My God! laughing

Old Post Dec 18th, 2010 05:37 AM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGoldenSpy

Originally posted by NemeBro
That is not being defeated. And it is not a feat for anyone then.

Sure it is. If anything is omnipotent then it should be able to take away it's own omnipotence and make itself vulnerable to whatever for who knows what reason.

It would be a feat to the omnipotent guy.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2010 05:40 AM
TheGoldenSpy is currently offline Click here to Send TheGoldenSpy a Private Message Find more posts by TheGoldenSpy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bro SMASH

Originally posted by TheAuraAngel
Here, I'll make it simple: What is the heaviest thing Shao Kahn has ever lifted? Or somebody who has shown themselves to have been physically strong that he's overpowered. Give me something to think he can match Kratos in terms of strength and speed and I'll run with it.

Dude, all of that really doesn't matter if Shao Kahn is beyond the gods (who can't really die). There's really no way he can be beaten now.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2010 05:42 AM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

Originally posted by Bro SMASH
Dude, all of that really doesn't matter if Shao Kahn is beyond the gods (who can't really die). There's really no way he can be beaten now.

So Shao Kahn, by becoming 10x stronger, became stronger then the Elder Gods? Even though he was laughably weak before?

Wow, those are some pretty pathetic Elder Gods.

Howdy!

Old Post Dec 18th, 2010 05:44 AM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

....You do realize that in The God of War series, Kratos kills quite a few gods. And with Zeus, he did end up killing him with his bare hands. Bare hands on fire with the POWER OF HOPE! Bare hands that he has here in this thread.

So since HOPE! can kill Gods and Kratos has HOPE!, he shouldn't have any problem.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2010 05:47 AM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by TheGoldenSpy
Sure it is. If anything is omnipotent then it should be able to take away it's own omnipotence and make itself vulnerable to whatever for who knows what reason.

It would be a feat to the omnipotent guy.
Omnipotents don't need feats like that. That's something someone far beyond omnipotent could be capable of.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2010 05:48 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bro SMASH

He only became 10x more stronger after he beat Blaze. He then merged the realms, which made him even MORE stronger.

Also, the full extent of his strength has never been shown or stated but he is at least above human strength (as shown in MKA intro). Now that he's merged all the realms, he may have unlimited strength now. He's currently the strongest in the previous MK universe.

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/358/5/d/ultimate_crossover_by_vanishingwalker-d5kg5ey.jpg

Old Post Dec 18th, 2010 05:49 AM
NemeBro

Is Shao Kahn's Armageddon ending canon now or something?

Old Post Dec 18th, 2010 06:04 AM
Bro SMASH

Yeah, it was stated that he won Armageddon.

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/358/5/d/ultimate_crossover_by_vanishingwalker-d5kg5ey.jpg

Old Post Dec 18th, 2010 07:02 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

When did Kahn survive getting turned to stone? Show me. And if Kratos does turn him to stone, what exactly is to keep him from shattering Kahn's stone body to pieces?

As for the realms, there's like, what? Six to ten canon ones in the MKverse? Even if merging other realms with Outworld makes Kahn stronger somehow, it hasn't been specified as far as how much, so how stronger he becomes from the realm merges is left only to speculation really, and I doubt merging all the known realms (which there aren't too many in the series to begin with) was enough to make him omnipotent and all that jazz, especially since Blaze only made him 10 times stronger.

And the Elder Gods, from what I've seen, could pretty much care less about the condition of the realms or who happens to rule them, as long as the fabric of reality and such still exists. The gods don't act against an individual themselves either unless that individual's a threat to their entire existence, or is a traitor amongst them (like Shinnok). Them not doing anything about Kahn's supposed victory in Armageddon simply tells me that he's still not enough of a threat to them for them to want to actually make a move against him. If the opposite is true, in that he did become enough of a threat, then the gods likely would've started ****ing Kahn up with the Kamidogu or something like they did to the One Being, who was originally more powerful than they.

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Dec 18th, 2010 at 07:11 AM

Old Post Dec 18th, 2010 07:03 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bro SMASH

In both MK2 and MKSM, Shao Kahn is turned into stone and breaks into pieces. Of course, his appearance in MK3 shows that that apparently isn't enough to kill him.

Really, all Shao Kahn needed was one more realm to become a god. Seeing that he merged more than one, he's obviously accomplished that now.

Shao Kahn is definitely a threat to existence itself, thus, this would be the perfect opportunity for the Elder Gods to step in anyway. If there's any chance of overthrowing Shao Kahn, I'm sure everybody (including the Elder Gods), would do it but as it seems, Shao Kahn has got the whole universe at his mercy.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2010 07:21 AM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Kratos used Hope Punch!

It's Super Effective!

Old Post Dec 18th, 2010 07:28 AM
Bro SMASH

....You do realize that in The God of War series, Kratos kills quite a few gods. And with Zeus, he did end up killing him with his bare hands. Bare hands on fire with the POWER OF HOPE! Bare hands that he has here in this thread.

So since HOPE! can kill Gods and Kratos has HOPE!, he shouldn't have any problem.

So you're saying Kratos can accomplish something that beings like the Elder Gods (who stopped an omnipotent being like the One Being) can't?

Oh and before anyone say "Omnipotent can't be defeated", the key word is defeated. Now if you mean "kill", well absolutely NO WAY.

Last edited by Bro SMASH on Dec 18th, 2010 at 07:45 AM

Old Post Dec 18th, 2010 07:40 AM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

So you're saying Kratos can accomplish something that beings like the Elder Gods (who stopped an omnipotent being like the One Being) can't?

Oh and before anyone say "Omnipotent can't be defeated", the key word is defeated. Now if you mean "kill", well absolutely NO WAY.

You keep saying Elder Gods like that means anything to me. They don't. The Elder Gods are nothing to me. You haven't proven to me that they can do....anything. You've told me that they took done someone omnipotent but whoop dee shit. I'm sure to the Greeks, all their Gods were omnipotent in some form.

Now....what did the One Being do? What have the Elder Gods done? And finally, what has Shao Kahn does? Feats, I desire them. Kratos has overpowered insanely strong opponents, like Hercules, who he beat down with his own weapons for giggles. These are examples of feats.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2010 07:52 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

In both MK2 and MKSM, Shao Kahn is turned into stone and breaks into pieces. Of course, his appearance in MK3 shows that that apparently isn't enough to kill him.

Really, all Shao Kahn needed was one more realm to become a god. Seeing that he merged more than one, he's obviously accomplished that now.

Shao Kahn is definitely a threat to existence itself, thus, this would be the perfect opportunity for the Elder Gods to step in anyway. If there's any chance of overthrowing Shao Kahn, I'm sure everybody (including the Elder Gods), would do it but as it seems, Shao Kahn has got the whole universe at his mercy.

MKSM isn't canon, and that's just one of those little death animations that many video game bosses make when defeated. If Kratos turns Kahn to stone and smashes his body to pieces, then it automatically counts as a loss for Kahn, even if he's able to come back sometime later like he did in MK3, which probably wouldn't be for a long time after Kratos is through with him.

I suppose, but I don't see how him becoming a god would automatically put him above all the Elder Gods in power, or let alone the One Being. He'd be at or around the EG's level of power at most, like Shinnok once was, but we know what the rest of the elder gods did to him.

Haven't seen (or couldn't find rather) where Shao Kahn's MKA ending is stated to be the canon one, but how is that even so? Did they simply just all of a sudden retcon Taven's battle and victory over Blaze in the konquest mode of MK Armageddon, as well as Kahn being carried away by Onaga in the game's intro?

Old Post Dec 18th, 2010 08:12 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bro SMASH

You keep saying Elder Gods like that means anything to me. They don't. The Elder Gods are nothing to me. You haven't proven to me that they can do....anything. You've told me that they took done someone omnipotent but whoop dee shit. I'm sure to the Greeks, all their Gods were omnipotent in some form.

Now....what did the One Being do? What have the Elder Gods done? And finally, what has Shao Kahn does? Feats, I desire them. Kratos has overpowered insanely strong opponents, like Hercules, who he beat down with his own weapons for giggles. These are examples of feats.

Taking down an omnipotent being is a feat itself and you think that's nothing? no expression And dude, in almost any form of fiction, Gods are omnipotent to the people, as they're portrayed as far beyond anything (in terms of being powerful). This kind of somewhat holds true to the MK universe too, except you got Elder Gods (who are above the regular Gods), then the One Being, who is basically reality itself.

Now if you want to know what the Elder Gods are in power, they don't personally interfere with what goes on in the other realms, unless it's a threat to their, in which they chooses a champion for them and amp them up with to beat the threat. As shown in Raiden's MK1 ending (though non-canon), it seems the Gods fighting on Earth would eventually destroy it after years of fighting. Shinnok was one of the of the Elder Gods centuries ago and during his fight with Raiden (a regular God), they nearly do destroy the planet.

Right now, Shao Kahn is ruler of all realms, possibly the Heavens too. They've all merged into Outworld, with nobody able to stop him.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2010 03:36 PM
Bro SMASH

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
MKSM isn't canon, and that's just one of those little death animations that many video game bosses make when defeated. If Kratos turns Kahn to stone and smashes his body to pieces, then it automatically counts as a loss for Kahn, even if he's able to come back sometime later like he did in MK3, which probably wouldn't be for a long time after Kratos is through with him.

I suppose, but I don't see how him becoming a god would automatically put him above all the Elder Gods in power, or let alone the One Being. He'd be at or around the EG's level of power at most, like Shinnok once was, but we know what the rest of the elder gods did to him.

Haven't seen (or couldn't find rather) where Shao Kahn's MKA ending is stated to be the canon one, but how is that even so? Did they simply just all of a sudden retcon Taven's battle and victory over Blaze in the konquest mode of MK Armageddon, as well as Kahn being carried away by Onaga in the game's intro?

Yeah, it's possible he won't come back immediately. I was just throwing that in there.

If the One Being is reality, then Shao Kahn's got that reality under his control, due to the fact that he's got all realms merged into this own.

It's been a while since I play MKA but I don't think you actually fight Blaze in Konquest. The events of Konquest just simply leads up to the battle that happens in the intro.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2010 04:13 PM