KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Best Rts SERIES

Best RTS series...
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Total War 1 6.25%
Command and Conquer 6 37.50%
Civilization 0 0%
Rise of Nations 0 0%
Age of Empires (plus age of mythology) 2 12.50%
Empire Earth 0 0%
Battle for Middle Earth 3 18.75%
The Settlers 0 0%
Starcraft 2 12.50%
Other 2 12.50%
Total: 16 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Best Rts SERIES
Started by: Hewhoknowsall

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

I cant say which is the best so ill simply say which are my faves equelly

-age of empires
-Dawn of war
-Company of heroes
-homeworld

these games can usually keep me playing wheras as good as Starcraft was i actually lost interest and stopped playing eventually. Same with Middle Earth, the beauty of it and fun of having the LOTR characters to play with were strong points but imo it just didnt hook me.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2008 10:05 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

The thing about command and conquer is that there is almost to tactical strategy involved. The only thing that matters is how efficiently you build your base, which can be cool, but it starts to make it more of a base building simulator than a "war" "strategy" game. In other words, what units you bring to the battle is important, but once you get to the actual battle you just sit there and watch them fire at each other. There is no point in, say, trying to out flank them, or targeting certain units first, or ajusting formations, or anything like that. It's still a great game though.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2008 10:49 PM
Hewhoknowsall is currently offline Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
Starcraft, than Dawn of War and Battle for Middle Earth.

Haven't people who bought starcraft near when it was launched have gotten bored of it after so long? I mean, it's bean FOREVER since it was released....

Old Post Dec 10th, 2008 10:46 PM
Hewhoknowsall is currently offline Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nah. I know a guy who plays it for an hour or two every Friday. He's done so since it came out.

I myself have played it for about 6 or 7 years. I still do on occasion.

It really is just... one of the greatest games of all time. The UMS's pretty much guarantee it's always new.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2008 02:12 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Starcraft is a pretty amazing game.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2008 02:17 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

I really liked the Warcraft series myself.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2008 02:46 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

I vote command and conquer.. simply because they always bring something new and refreshing to the genre (and sometimes really hilarious stuff, like the fighting game-esque versus screens in "zero hour").. and they patch the hell out of their games

only others I can think of that are in the same light are Total War series and Civ

would have voted AoE , but 3 was pretty disappointing for me

starcraft 'might' only be a one-trick pony

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Dec 11th, 2008 11:33 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

I just remembered...Civ isn't an RTS...

Old Post Dec 21st, 2008 05:37 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Tom Clancy's End War was fun.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2008 08:30 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ime surprised so few have voted Total war, its an incredible series....so much to do, incredible battles, incredible tactics, incredible depth and size of armies....just....superb, Age of empires 3 is in a similiar light to me as well at least in how great it is.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2008 08:34 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote