KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » The official BERSERK Thread

The official BERSERK Thread
Started by: Sado22

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Well heres a promotion for it

Wow........animation so much better.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2010 09:00 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
killermover

I cried a little.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2010 12:03 PM
killermover is currently offline Click here to Send killermover a Private Message Find more posts by killermover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
menokokoro

I can't stop the chills..can't wait

Old Post Sep 29th, 2010 12:03 PM
menokokoro is currently offline Click here to Send menokokoro a Private Message Find more posts by menokokoro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

First episode was yesterday.

So, I wonder...

Are there any fansub groups out there fansubbing this?

If there are, I wanna see it! sad

I have already supported Berserk, financially, multiple times...I just wanna see some o' dis show.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2010 01:07 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
menokokoro

i want to look, but i don't want to look....ok, if it is not in the first page of searches, im giving up LOL

Old Post Sep 29th, 2010 07:22 PM
menokokoro is currently offline Click here to Send menokokoro a Private Message Find more posts by menokokoro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

So guys, I'm thinking of watching this now cuz a' boredom. So what do you suggest I go in for: Subs, Dubs or **** it, wait for the new series?

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2010 11:22 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
menokokoro

idk, ill let you know if i find it though. Its pretty tough though, all i get is the old stuff. Is this named something else?

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2010 03:48 AM
Kinasin
Restricted

Account Restricted

This is my favorite manga period and favorite comic period next to spawn. I own all the manga that has been released in the U.S and have the whole anime on dvd. Berserker armor is the **** and I like when Shierke uses her etherial body to pull gut's out of his berserker rage from the armor. This series is pure win.
(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by Kinasin on Oct 3rd, 2010 at 04:07 AM

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2010 03:58 AM
Kinasin is currently offline Click here to Send Kinasin a Private Message Find more posts by Kinasin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kinasin
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
Well heres a promotion for it

Wow........animation so much better.

OMFG I just had a nerdgasm. I've heard rumors but this is actual proof. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2010 04:09 AM
Kinasin is currently offline Click here to Send Kinasin a Private Message Find more posts by Kinasin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kinasin
Restricted

Account Restricted

Last edited by Kinasin on Oct 3rd, 2010 at 08:18 AM

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2010 08:09 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Shit yeah Zodd in action so much better then the old series.....but i still like it

also hoping with this new one it does'nt end all of a sudden.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2010 10:01 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

It doesn't seem like the best animation style to reflect the manga. More importantly I don't see how this could be beneficial to the animators.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2010 01:28 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

I think this is going to be my next manga series. Unfortunately I have no idea how to start off on it.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2010 02:46 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Markness

Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
I think this is going to be my next manga series. Unfortunately I have no idea how to start off on it.

If you want to start chronologically, the last quarter of volume 3 is the first part of the story (the first 3 volumes chronologically happen after the first half of volume 14) but I think the best way to go is to read the 1st 3 volumes so you can become familiar with the Berserk world.
Volume 14 also has the Berserk Prototype which is the first Berserk story written (set at an ambigious time after Guts meets Puck and the second half of volume 14).

I'm glad to see the new anime wasn't just a rumour. I hope Skull Knight will make an appearance.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2010 03:01 AM
Markness is currently offline Click here to Send Markness a Private Message Find more posts by Markness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kinasin
Restricted

Account Restricted

new promos xD

Old Post Oct 4th, 2010 03:40 AM
Kinasin
Restricted

Account Restricted

how do you start off on any manga? From the beginning silly.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2010 03:42 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Astner
It doesn't seem like the best animation style to reflect the manga. More importantly I don't see how this could be beneficial to the animators.

really?

what we see of Zodd in that second trailer is perfect for him imo.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2010 07:59 AM
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Check your mail.

Originally posted by Kazenji
really?

what we see of Zodd in that second trailer is perfect for him imo.

The appeal of Zodd was that he was a very surreal creature. Where he first was encountered in the fotress it was dark, you weren't meant to see him in the light at least not as he first appeared.

It can be made well and I hope it will do the manga justice. Though the manga has been spiraling downwards since the Eclipse, and the acsention of Griffith.

Last edited by Astner on Oct 4th, 2010 at 12:12 PM

Old Post Oct 4th, 2010 12:07 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kinasin
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Astner
Check your mail.

The appeal of Zodd was that he was a very surreal creature. Where he first was encountered in the fotress it was dark, you weren't meant to see him in the light at least not as he first appeared.

It can be made well and I hope it will do the manga justice. Though the manga has been spiraling downwards since the Eclipse, and the acsention of Griffith.

I don't think it's been spiraling downward. I think it's been getting better. Also I like the artwork in this new anime and have no complaints.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2010 12:51 PM
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Originally posted by Kinasin
I don't think it's been spiraling downward.

Consider this, before the eclipse there was a great variety of characters and in a sense it felt more believable. There were clear distinctions of what direction the subplots where headed and you actually felt it.

After the eclipse we were cut down to two active characters, one of which shouldn't really count, which eventually grew to five. Now magic was in abundance and the story was reduced to hunting down apostles, which didn't really contribute to anything. Since the main goal was the heal Casca and slay Griffith, and there were probably hundreds of apostles in the world.

Now we have unicorns roaming freely and monsters everywhere. I personally preferred when only a few had witnessed the presence of monsters since it covered the world in a canopy of mysticism. Basically it has been reduced to a violence encouraging D&D game.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2010 01:25 PM