KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » Venom/Symbiote Solicits

Venom/Symbiote Solicits
Started by: werehawk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
werehawk

Preview is up for Amaz Spiderman Extra 2. The art on Anti-Venom doesn't look that bad, kinda Sam Keithy.

Also, X-Men Kingbreaker 2 had 5ish pages with the symbiote who 'possesses' a Shi'ar so kinda cool.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2009 05:16 AM
werehawk is currently offline Click here to Send werehawk a Private Message Find more posts by werehawk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
werehawk

Dark Reign NYCC panel

In the Dark Reign NYCC panel this was announced. No word on who or when.
This from CBR:
"Next up was "Dark Reign: Young Avengers by Paul Cornell and Mark Brooks and "Dark Reign: The Hood" by Jeff Parker & Kyle Hotz. Frank Tieri will be writing another tie in titled "Lethal Legion." Other minis will feature Anti-Venom , Mr. Negative and the Zodiac."

Slott did a decent job on the 24 page Anti-Venom story in ASM Extra 2 so maybe its him.

--- Wolverine 71 with the Venom Tyranosaurus Rex is delayed until 3/18.

--- Also of note, McFarlane is introducing a very Venom-esque character called Haunt:
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?...le&id=19908

Old Post Feb 7th, 2009 07:48 PM
werehawk is currently offline Click here to Send werehawk a Private Message Find more posts by werehawk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Just read ASM extra 2, thanks for reminding me about it, I heard it's coming out but forgot all about it. The whole thing in bar with Woloverine was awesome. Sadly, if Marvel ever fires Quesada (or kills him I wouldnt mind) and bring our Spider-man back this thing will not be canon anymore...

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2009 07:51 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
werehawk

X-men: Kingbreaker 4 shows that Raza (of the Starjammers) is now possessed by the symbiote as of Kingbreaker 3.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?...&disp=table

No preview is up for Wolverine 71 and the Venom Rex so it may have been delayed yet again.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2009 03:29 PM
werehawk

quote: (post)
Originally posted by werehawk

No preview is up for Wolverine 71 and the Venom Rex so it may have been delayed yet again.

Actually one is up here: http://comics.ign.com/articles/960/960178p1.html

and y'know what, shy a two page spread, that is the entire scene with Venom Rex. A bit short.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2009 02:47 AM
werehawk

In June, everyone's (not) favorite Venom. Kitson's art should be good. I don't know if he's drawn symbiotes before. Also, I read a rumor that Carnage will be in Spiderman 4 (with Electro)
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?...le&id=20551
but if Sam Ramey hated Venom, what does he think of Carnage (or is Ramey gone?)

DARK REIGN: THE SINISTER SPIDER-MAN #1 (of 4)
Written by BRIAN REED
Penciled by BARRY KITSON
Cover by MIKE DEODATO
DARK REIGN TIE-IN
He ain't friendly and this ain't your neighborhood! Yes, Mac Gargan, America's favorite sociopath-turned-symbiote-host-turned-hero-hunter now takes the spotlight as Norman Osborn's sinister Spider-Man. With the Dark Reign-a-raining, the lives of our mighty marvel heroes are being destroyed left and right - but for guys like Mac, the world is their oyster and the chef's covering the bill. Mac's a beloved hero. Women love him, men want to be him and nobody wants to run into him after midnight - because the symbiote is still pretty darn hungry... By Brian Reed (Ms. Marvel) and Barry Kitson (Amazing Spider-Man).
32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$3.99

Old Post Mar 25th, 2009 07:13 PM
werehawk

Does anyone read this?
Shout out if you do or this may be my last post.

September solicits are up (http://www.comicbookresources.com/?...le&id=21603) and its a biggee for symbiotes:

Scorpion-Venom continues to appear in Dark Avengers (and crossovers: DARK AVENGERS #9, DARK AVENGERS/UNCANNY X-MEN: EXODUS, NEW AVENGERS #57) as well as the conclusion of his own mini-series:
DARK REIGN: THE SINISTER SPIDER-MAN #4 (of 4)
Written by BRIAN REED
Pencils & Cover by CHRIS BACHALO
Mac Gargan vs. well, just about everyone. The Dark Avengers! The Redeemers, er, Redeemers! J. Jonah Jameson! It's a fight to the finish as your Frightening Neighborhood Spider-Man eats as many people as possible in 22 pages.

Anti-Venom (Brock) gets his own mini too:
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN PRESENTS: ANTI-VENOM-- NEW WAYS TO LIVE #1 (of 3)
Written by Zeb Wells
Penciled by Paulo Siqueira
Cover by Mirco Pierfederici
What's Black, White and Dead all over?!?! From the pages of last year's best-selling NEW WAYS TO DIE, Zeb Wells (AMAZING SPIDER-MAN; NEW MUTANTS) and Paulo Siqueira (Amazing Spider-Man, Ms. MARVEL) bring you the story of Eddie Brock, the sallow symbiote known as Anti-Venom! With his life saved by Spider-Man, Eddie is cautiously walking the line between the darkness and light while trying to find his place in a world marked only by gray. The absolute last person he needs to run into is the Punisher. Unfortunately, the Punisher remembers Eddie as a cold-blooded killer, and that is just gonna hurt.

I also just picked up from the recent back issue bin a story I didn't know had Carnage in it.

X-Men and Spiderman 3:
We take you back to the days of grungy 90s as The X-Men and Spider-Man face off against Mr. Sinister and Carnage! But this Spidey isn't Peter Parker--it's Ben Reilly, the Spider-Clone! And Wolverine's claws are made of bone, not adamantium! It's radical...it's extreme...and if we coulda put a chromium cover on it, we would have! Put down your pogs and pick this up if only to feast your eyes on Mario Alberti's art! It'll make you say "Cowabunga, dude!"
Rated A …$3.99
PRICE: 3.99
IN STORES: January 14, 2009

And a question: Does anyone have a scan or two of the symbiote taking over Raza in X-Men: Kingbreaker 3? I just can't get my hands on it for a reasonable price.

That's all for this month.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2009 07:51 PM
werehawk

Does anyone read this?

September solicits are up (http://www.comicbookresources.com/?...le&id=21603) and its a biggee for symbiotes:

Scorpion-Venom continues to appear in Dark Avengers (and crossovers: DARK AVENGERS #9, DARK AVENGERS/UNCANNY X-MEN: EXODUS, NEW AVENGERS #57) as well as the conclusion of his own mini-series:
Written by BRIAN REED
Mac Gargan vs. well, just about everyone. The Dark Avengers! The Redeemers, er, Redeemers! J. Jonah Jameson! It's a fight to the finish as your Frightening Neighborhood Spider-Man eats as many people as possible in 22 pages.

Written by Zeb Wells
What's Black, White and Dead all over?!?! From the pages of last year's best-selling NEW WAYS TO DIE, Zeb Wells (AMAZING SPIDER-MAN; NEW MUTANTS) and Paulo Siqueira (Amazing Spider-Man, Ms. MARVEL) bring you the story of Eddie Brock, the sallow symbiote known as Anti-Venom! With his life saved by Spider-Man, Eddie is cautiously w

Old Post Jun 16th, 2009 09:40 PM
Magic_attack
Master of the Torrent

Does anyone read this?

Written by BRIAN REED

Written by Zeb Wells
What's Black, White and Dead all over?!?! From the pages of last year's best-selling NEW WAYS TO DIE, Zeb Wells (AMAZING SPIDER-MAN; NEW MUTANTS) and Paulo Siqueira (Amazing Spider-Man, Ms. MARVEL) bring you the story of Eddie Brock, the sallow symbiote known as Anti-Venom! With his life saved by Spider-Man, Eddie is cautiously walking the line between the darkness and light while trying to find his place in a world marked only by gray. The absolute last person he needs to run into is the Punisher. Unfortunately, the Punisher remembers Eddie as a cold-blooded killer, and that is just gonna hurt.

I also just picked up from the recent back issue bin a story I didn't know had Carnage in it.

X-Men and Spiderman 3:
We take you back to the days of grungy 90s as The X-Men and Spider-Man face off against Mr. Sinister and Carnage! But this Spidey isn't Peter Parker--it's Ben Reilly, the Spider-Clone! And Wolverine's claws are made of bone, not adamantium! It's radical...it's extreme...and if we coulda put a chromium cover on it, we would have! Put down your pogs and pick this up if only to feast your eyes on Mario Alberti's art! It'll make you say "Cowabunga, dude!"
Rated A …$3.99
PRICE: 3.99
IN STORES: January 14, 2009

And a question: Does anyone have a scan or two of the symbiote taking over Raza in X-Men: Kingbreaker 3? I just can't get my hands on it for a reasonable price.

That's all for this month.

I always read them. I may not post, but I always read them. smile

Old Post Jun 16th, 2009 09:41 PM
Magic_attack is currently offline Click here to Send Magic_attack a Private Message Find more posts by Magic_attack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

There's also the amazing spider-man family issues that contain a brand new Symbiote/human hybrid in the Spider-girl segments.

I am looking forward to the Anti Venom mini series.

Last edited by Neo Darkhalen on Jun 17th, 2009 at 12:03 AM

Old Post Jun 17th, 2009 12:01 AM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
werehawk

Originally posted by Magic_attack
I always read them. I may not post, but I always read them. smile

Glad to hear it!

Old Post Jun 17th, 2009 01:34 AM
werehawk

Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
There's also the amazing spider-man family issues that contain a brand new Symbiote/human hybrid in the Spider-girl segments.

Oh yeah, here is a link I found to the issue 5 preview (from April)
http://www.newsarama.com/php/multim...bum.php?gid=999
check out page 6
http://www.newsarama.com/php/multim...=999&page=6

Although I can't find a new issue in the solicits. They might have ended it with issue 8 in July.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2009 01:45 AM
Phoenix2001

Written by Zeb Wells

I'm thrilled that they're working on an Anti-Venom mini-series, but do they have to use the Punisher? He's already appeared in previous Venom mini-series. Why don't they use someone more formidable? I would prefer he go up against someone like Ironman or the Fantastic Four since everyone seems to be fighting against each other now.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2009 09:07 PM
Phoenix2001 is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix2001 a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix2001 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
werehawk

This issue just came out:
DARK REIGN: FANTASTIC FOUR # 4
The Story: A high-tech smash-up future/science adventure as Ben, Sue and Johnny boldly go where no time-traveler has gone before. With their alternate history comrades tagging along, they battle in a future where evil has triumphed and good guys are hard to find. And while Reed searches for the final answers that will get him home, Val and Franklin take on the head of H.A.M.M.E.R. himself, NORMAN OSBORN! Rated A …$2.99
In Stores: Jun 17, 2009

and SURPRISE:
Venom-Skrulls!
http://img10.imageshack.us/i/drff4011.jpg/
http://img268.imageshack.us/i/drff4012.jpg/

Old Post Jun 20th, 2009 07:10 PM
werehawk

Seems like the symbiote tide is fading. No word yet on January, but with Sinister Spiderman over and the Anti-Venom mini ending in December (http://marvel.com/catalog/?id=13292), there appears to be little on the horizon except for Dark Avengers and crossovers with Gargan. And whether Gargan is around after Siege is an unknown.

Recently, there was a couple of surprise symbiote appearances

First, in Nova 27 and 28 where Raza-symbiote played a small role.

http://cosmicbooknews.com/enlarge/NOVA028_int_Page_5

Also, in Chaykin's merging of DC and Marvel universes in the recent (awful) Squadron Supreme mini series, a Venom-analogue appears in issues 8-10 (8 was not in costume). The appearances are brief (one page in 9 and a few in 10) and we find out little about him except his name is Leo, but the costume is wicked cool, very spiderlike.

I also had a friend say he saw a symbiote in a comic recently but he didn't know where. If anyone knows where this was, even a small appearance (other than Gargan), let me know.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2009 05:22 PM