KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Watchmen: The End is Nigh

Watchmen: The End is Nigh
Started by: Quincy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

heh, I have the power. Minutemen online beat em up game in the style of double dragon is now playable on the watchmen movie site.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2009 02:08 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Jello
heh, I have the power. Minutemen online beat em up game in the style of double dragon is now playable on the watchmen movie site.

That was neat. It killed 5 mins of time.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2009 07:46 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

I played the demo for this today. I have to say, I enjoyed the crap out of playing as Rorschach with his clumsy, improvised moves. Sad news though is it really took the wind out of Nite Owl's sails because I played him second and he had a more standard technique to his fighting.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2009 01:44 AM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

http://www.todaysbigthing.com/2009/03/06

However bad the game is, it can't be worse than this.............Even as a parody, this is painful........

Old Post Mar 8th, 2009 05:28 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

I bet Alan Moore would appreciate that cartoon.

I know id watch it

Old Post Mar 8th, 2009 09:56 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

i like it like a modern day streets of rage. I hope the next episode adds something deeper though.

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Mar 8th, 2009 01:45 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

The graphics are stellar for an Xbox live arcade game and the character animations actually move with a sense of realism but this game is by no means worth $20.

This game does more things wrong than it does right. For $20 i should atleast have the ability to run and jump. This may sound like a trivial complaint but as you play the game you are constantly wishing for a run and jump button. Perhaps the most debilitating aspect of this game is the darkness. this game is DARK. The darkness may work well with the art design but because you spend the entire game doing nothing but fighting endless hordes of enemies you end up blindly mashing buttons because you can't see who you're attacking or who is attacking you. You see only a mash of enemies on you This may not have been much of a problem but the combo sets require you to chain together attacks in precisely timed button presses. Because it is so dark you will rarely be able to see if your enemy is blocking your attack so you will quickly abandon relying on the combos and soon employ the tactic of mashing the counter attack function while throwing in a few punches and kicks. This is a shame because the attacks are visceral and satisfying when you are able to pull off a string of combos and counters on several enemies.

I may sound harsh on my review but for 1600 microsoft points, people should be critical on their reviews of this game. The game offers some enjoyment but the enjoyment quickly fizzles out within ten to twenty minutes. The game can be beaten in just over an hour and with no unlockables or online co-op there is no replay value what so ever. This game is not worth buying, play the demo and get your fill. The demo may tease you into investing $20 but don't be fooled because the game doesnt get any more deep or satisfying. With the addition of a jump and run button, Online co-op and a few lighting issues this really could have been a great little game.

Last edited by jinXed by JaNx on Mar 8th, 2009 at 03:40 PM

Old Post Mar 8th, 2009 03:35 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Can anyone post like a youtube vid of this game in action, please?

Old Post Mar 12th, 2009 07:14 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I downloaded the demo on PSN, and it was, without a doubt, one of the stupidest games I've ever played. 20 minutes of repetitive button mashing with a horrible camera and running from point A to B. Repeat.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Mar 15th, 2009 10:35 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General_Iroh
White Guy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment
I downloaded the demo on PSN, and it was, without a doubt, one of the stupidest games I've ever played. 20 minutes of repetitive button mashing with a horrible camera and running from point A to B. Repeat.

eh I liked it all right. With Rorschach anyway. Nite owl sucked.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2009 08:13 PM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote