KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Dante's Inferno

Dante's Inferno
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

OMG look at this. Imagine if they took an epic masterpiece like The Lord of the Rings and made a bunch of hack and slash games, three shitty action movies, a bunch of strategy games, and even a shooter, and then called all of those Lord of the rings.

That's almost as bad as this blatant disregard of the storyline.

Wait a minute...

Yeah. I'm going to make a prediction here. This game is going to make everyone in the world think that they love "the Divine comedy," think they know the story with no actual reading experience, and bug the **** outta me.

Or it's gonna bomb.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2010 07:56 PM
Moriarty is currently offline Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel

I agree though, I don't know why Phanteros stated that the story was a rip-off of God of War.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Last edited by Demonic Phoenix on Mar 2nd, 2010 at 08:17 PM

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2010 08:15 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by One Free Man
OMG look at this. Imagine if they took an epic masterpiece like The Lord of the Rings and made a bunch of hack and slash games, three shitty action movies, a bunch of strategy games, and even a shooter, and then called all of those Lord of the rings.

That's almost as bad as this blatant disregard of the storyline.

Wait a minute...

Yeah. I'm going to make a prediction here. This game is going to make everyone in the world think that they love "the Divine comedy," think they know the story with no actual reading experience, and bug the **** outta me.

Or it's gonna bomb.

Have you even played the game? Do you know what you're talking about? It's a video game dude. Of course the story isn't going to be a literary experience that inspires profound reflection. That's why they make books wink The adaptation, to be fair, is handled quite well. There is quite a bit of depth to the story. The game developers were always upfront and open from the very beginning by saying that they were going to use the poem, primarily as an environment situation piece.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2010 05:02 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

I said parts of the story ripped off god of war not the whole thing, Read my whole quote again.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2010 01:15 PM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

thats still incorrect though. no part of it ripped off god of war

Old Post Mar 4th, 2010 04:58 PM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

I have yet to try out the Console version, but I just started playing the PSP version.

Pretty game. I like it smile

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Mar 4th, 2010 06:04 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
valtudo
Restricted

Account Restricted

i cant believe some idiots can actually claim that GOW is a DMC ripp off , they are totally different games and they have different styles DMC is about stylish gameplay but thats it GOW is so much more then that its about stoyline, great invironment great puzzles and an entire adventure while DMC and Bayonetta are just slash slash cut cut

if something people forgot the good old "Gladiator: sword of vengence" i think this game came up first with all those aspects and a real father to god of war and dantes inferno

Old Post Mar 8th, 2010 10:36 AM
valtudo is currently offline Click here to Send valtudo a Private Message Find more posts by valtudo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin_Volvagia

Originally posted by valtudo
i cant believe some idiots can actually claim that GOW is a DMC ripp off , they are totally different games and they have different styles DMC is about stylish gameplay but thats it GOW is so much more then that its about stoyline, great invironment great puzzles and an entire adventure while DMC and Bayonetta are just slash slash cut cut

if something people forgot the good old "Gladiator: sword of vengence" i think this game came up first with all those aspects and a real father to god of war and dantes inferno

The director for the 1st God of War game admitted looking at DMC for ideas.

Also:

1. Dante is called the Son of Sparda by his enemies while Kratos is called the Ghost of Sparta by some boss characters.

2. Both use red orbs (which are actually blood in both games) as currency and green orbs for health. They have similar orbs for their Devil Trigger bar and Magic bar (purple and blue, respectively).

3. Both have a Cerberus.

4. The final boss of their first games have three parts to it.

5. Both are half human and half of what their true enemies are (Demon and God respectively)

6. Both have a Devil Trigger-like state where they are more powerful and lasts a short time.

7. Both began on the PS2.

8. Both main characters use swords as their main weapon and have a special type of sword used to destroy their greatest of enemies (Sparda and the Blade of Olympus).

9. Both were defeated by being impaled to the chest.

10. Both have a move that launches the enemy to the air to setup for an air combo.

11. Their main weapons happen to be the best weapons to use in the game.

12. On-fly-switching

13. Double-jump

There's still more

sig by ScreamPaste

Old Post Mar 8th, 2010 03:44 PM
Sin_Volvagia is currently offline Click here to Send Sin_Volvagia a Private Message Find more posts by Sin_Volvagia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
valtudo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia

Also:

1. Dante is called the Son of Sparda by his enemies while Kratos is called the Ghost of Sparta by some boss characters.

2. Both use red orbs (which are actually blood in both games) as currency and green orbs for health. They have similar orbs for their Devil Trigger bar and Magic bar (purple and blue, respectively).

3. Both have a Cerberus.

5. Both are half human and half of what their true enemies are (Demon and God respectively)

6. Both have a Devil Trigger-like state where they are more powerful and lasts a short time.

8. Both main characters use swords as their main weapon and have a special type of sword used to destroy their greatest of enemies (Sparda and the Blade of Olympus).

10. Both have a move that launches the enemy to the air to setup for an air combo.

12. On-fly-switching

13. Double-jump

There's still more

are you retarded? seriously are you? you are going to tell me god of war is a devil may cry clone because they both have swords and they use double jump and fight giant monsters? wtf? you are a devil may cry fanboy right? so if i go by your f^cked up logic then devil may cry is a castelvania rip off and legend of zelda rip off i mean they use swords and castelvania takes place in catedrals and castle like stages with the goth and everything and the character looks like a female so devil may cry is a castelvania rip off right? and it has to be a final fantasy rip off also because they use swords... you see how retarded your logic is? both devil may cry and god of war are completely different games one is all about combat and style while the other has some combat involved but is more about story puzzles and platforms get it? if something then GOW prince of persia darksiders and dantes inferno are a whole different genre then the rest but hey maybe they are all aladin for sega rip off because aladin used jumps a sword and projectiles ... what amoron you are or should i say fanboy

Old Post Mar 8th, 2010 04:45 PM
valtudo is currently offline Click here to Send valtudo a Private Message Find more posts by valtudo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

are you retarded?

Nah.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2010 05:14 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin_Volvagia

are you retarded?

No, I'm just tired of hearing GoW fanboys acting like GoW came first.

quote:

seriously are you?

I said NO!

quote:

you are going to tell me god of war is a devil may cry clone because they both have swords and they use double jump and fight giant monsters? wtf?
]

Maybe you should go reread my list. I said swords as their main weapon including a super-weapon used to defeat the greatest of their enemies (Mundus and Zeus, respectively). I never mentioned fighting giant monsters.

quote:

you are a devil may cry fanboy right?

Actually I like Bayonetta better. And I'm no fanboy.

quote:

so if i go by your f^cked up logic then devil may cry is a castelvania rip off and legend of zelda rip off

Devil May Cry doesn't have any whips or that Metroidvania exploration so it doesn't count as a Castlevania clone. Castlevania did make a DMC clone though (Lament of Innocence).

It's not a Zelda clone because it lacks dungeons and a special item in every boss level. Also, there's no recurring plot device like the Master Sword or Triforce.

quote:

i mean they use swords and castelvania takes place in catedrals and castle like stages with the goth and everything and the character looks like a female so devil may cry is a castelvania rip off right?

Maybe you should play more Castlevania games besides Symphony of the Night because most of the main characters use whips and not all of them look female. Let's not forget that they mostly take place in Dracula's castle while DMC takes place in multiple locations. Your own knowledge fails.

quote:

and it has to be a final fantasy rip off also because they use swords...

Final Fantasy also has magic, summons, and is an RPG.

quote:

you see how retarded your logic is?

Like your grammar?

quote:

both devil may cry and god of war are completely different games one is all about combat and style while the other has some combat involved but is more about story puzzles and platforms get it?

There are still many similarities. In fact, it's enough for GoW to be considered a DMC clone.

quote:

if something then GOW prince of persia darksiders and dantes inferno are a whole different genre then the rest but hey maybe they are all aladin for sega rip off because aladin used jumps a sword and projectiles ...

LOL @ this paragraph. I can't take you seriously anymore.

quote:

what amoron you are or should i say fanboy

Before calling somebody a moron, I think you should type like a smart person. Seriously, the irony of your post is making me laugh.

sig by ScreamPaste

Last edited by Sin_Volvagia on Mar 9th, 2010 at 12:06 AM

Old Post Mar 9th, 2010 12:04 AM
Sin_Volvagia is currently offline Click here to Send Sin_Volvagia a Private Message Find more posts by Sin_Volvagia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

So... skipping what everyone's said so far, can anyone tell me if this game's worth picking up if I can get it for kinda cheap?

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Mar 9th, 2010 04:36 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

So a friend of mines today said some really amusing stuff. Apparently, he thought that Dante's Inferno was a story that was originally created by the game and the book was a sort of EU. *facepalm*

Made by Me! Click here to see my work or request a sig!

Old Post Mar 9th, 2010 04:41 AM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin_Volvagia

Originally posted by SnakeEyes
So... skipping what everyone's said so far, can anyone tell me if this game's worth picking up if I can get it for kinda cheap?

It's fine though, I would get it cheap. As for the DLC so far, it's not worth it. The Dark Forest level promises new enemies but you just fight the previous enemies from the main game but with new looks. Maybe Trials of Lucia might be worth it.

Originally posted by Spidervlad
So a friend of mines today said some really amusing stuff. Apparently, he thought that Dante's Inferno was a story that was originally created by the game and the book was a sort of EU. *facepalm*

That's just fail laughing

sig by ScreamPaste

Old Post Mar 9th, 2010 02:49 PM
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia

Also:

3. Both have a Cerberus.

12. On-fly-switching

13. Double-jump

There's still more

Dante is all human. His mother was human, his father became one of the damned in hell (not a demon per se). So Dante is all human, they have gameplay similarities but so do a lot of games in this genre.

Iboga chose not to fight, to allow himself to evolve. He had the wisdom to abandon the actions of war when he knew they would no longer serve him.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2010 03:31 AM
Allankles is currently offline Click here to Send Allankles a Private Message Find more posts by Allankles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin_Volvagia

Originally posted by Allankles
Dante is all human. His mother was human, his father became one of the damned in hell (not a demon per se). So Dante is all human, they have gameplay similarities but so do a lot of games in this genre.

It's common knowledge that Dante is half demon. Sparda was a demon knight from the very beginning. Where did you get that info from?

sig by ScreamPaste

Old Post Mar 10th, 2010 03:30 PM
jinXed by JaNx

honestly, the best comparison is, God of War. HAve you played, God of War? Do you like the gameplay that is found in, God of War? If so, then yeah, Dantes Inferno will reward you with a memorable experience. The magic and combo system is just different enough to allow it to feel fresh. The level designs, and subject matter make this game a breed apart from others. It obviously, has religious overtones, but they're handled respectively enough to where they could be interpreted in a mythological or biblical manner. I wouldn't pay anymore than forty dollars for the game, paying forty shouldn't leave you feeling regretful.

It is kind of cool to be able to judge or condemn souls to hell or heaven all while feeling righteous in the midst of slaughtering babies. laughing out loud

Last edited by jinXed by JaNx on Mar 10th, 2010 at 04:42 PM

Old Post Mar 10th, 2010 04:40 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Depends on how cheap. Any price below $30 is worth it I say.

Don't you just love the similarities he comes up with?

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Mar 10th, 2010 07:55 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

I think he means Dante from Devil May Cry, who was half demon I think. Dante, from Dante's Inferno, is completely human.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2010 12:02 PM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I downloaded the Dark Forest level today and I must say, it sucks. It's has a frustrating puzzle that would drive a person mad, the two new enemies aren't that impressive, and it's short (the level is only long if you get stuck trying to figure out the one annoying puzzle). The only positive thing I can think of from downloading this was getting the Disco Dante skin which is kinda humorous. I give Dark Forest a 3/10.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2010 11:07 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote