KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Dante's Inferno

Dante's Inferno
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 9 10 [11]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Heythere,Honey

I almost didn't get to play this game due to being below 18 in age(store person won't sell it to me) But mah uncle got it for me.

The part where Cleopatra shoots monsters out of her boobies is really disturbing.

Sig by Scythe

Old Post Apr 19th, 2010 01:20 AM
Heythere,Honey is currently offline Click here to Send Heythere,Honey a Private Message Find more posts by Heythere,Honey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin_Volvagia

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Heythere,Honey
I almost didn't get to play this game due to being below 18 in age(store person won't sell it to me) But mah uncle got it for me.

The part where Cleopatra shoots monsters out of her boobies is really disturbing.

Would it be disturbing if I found her sexy?

sig by ScreamPaste

Old Post Apr 19th, 2010 02:30 AM
Sin_Volvagia is currently offline Click here to Send Sin_Volvagia a Private Message Find more posts by Sin_Volvagia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Heythere,Honey

Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
Would it be disturbing if I found her sexy?

It depends. no expression

Sig by Scythe

Old Post Apr 19th, 2010 11:25 AM
Heythere,Honey is currently offline Click here to Send Heythere,Honey a Private Message Find more posts by Heythere,Honey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Is the Trials of St. Lucia DLC any good? I wanna know before I think about wanting to purchase it.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post May 9th, 2010 09:15 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Oh, DAMN!! i didn't get the memo...,i hate it when this happens. Someone went and changed the definition of rationality again. Apparently it's been swapped with the definition of ignorance. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Haven't seen it. You're mistaking it for how "snark" and/or "smartassedness" has been made synonymous with "denial".

Last edited by BloodRawEngine on Jun 6th, 2010 at 09:07 PM

Old Post Jun 6th, 2010 09:03 PM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Played this game all the way through and played most of it on the infernal difficulty.

Was fun. I had to turn down the difficulty from infernal at parts, though, as you can't even get a scythe swing in for long periods of time so it's almost impossible. I don't like games that rely on luck to get through them. Meaning, I don't like games that are made so hard that it's almost random that you can get through some portions (no amount of skill will help.)

Anyway, great game. Nice art. It is a 7 out of 10, for sure. They could have made many improvements. Still, I really enjoyed the music and some of the art. I liked the "story", as well.

I want to see another take on this game.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2010 12:09 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I just ordered this game from Amazon for $15.

I've never played it, but was always curious about it. I'm not expecting anything epic, but it looks like its worth a play. I own every God of War game and also Darksiders, and Dante's Inferno looks like a carbon copy, gameplay wise. I always told myself that I would NEVER pay $60 for this game, and now that it's so cheap, I just figured I'd buy it and play it. I've also seen the animated film, so I guess I know what to expect.

Any opinions?

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Apr 29th, 2012 06:21 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

I enjoyed the story and imagery. Generic hack and slash.

It is good for a 2 day adventure. Some of the scenes are deliciously epic in scale.

You'll enjoy it. It will pass the time.

Warning: set it on easy the first play through. It's just too damn frustrating to try and beat it, first play through, on hard.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2012 09:16 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I'm not even going to try to attempt to finish this game on anything other than easy.

I literally spent three hours playing God of War III on Titan mode,after beating the game on easy, and I never even got past Poseidon. I gave up and played something else.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2012 10:13 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Originally posted by Impediment

I've never played it, but was always curious about it. I'm not expecting anything epic, but it looks like its worth a play. I own every God of War game and also Darksiders, and Dante's Inferno looks like a carbon copy, gameplay wise. I always told myself that I would NEVER pay $60 for this game, and now that it's so cheap, I just figured I'd buy it and play it. I've also seen the animated film, so I guess I know what to expect.

Any opinions?

Play it, as it is worth at least one playthrough IMO. While it does borrow heavily from GoW, that isn't a negative thing, seeing as GoW's gameplay was great.
I thought the use of relics was neat. You don't gain any new weapons (other than the Cross at the beginning of the game), so most of what you'll unlock will be tied to the upgrade tree. Oh, and the Cross is pretty OP. Abuse it.

It does get fairly 'boring' towards the end though. After Anger (5th) or Violence (6th) I believe. The penultimate level (8th) is literally nothing but a segmented gauntlet consisting of challenges with the regular enemies you have faced before.

Gameplay aside, it has great looking environments for most of the levels, a soundtrack that sets the mood decently enough, a good story based on a fantastic work of writing, and Dante's a character you end up liking and rooting for. Lucifer's a scheming bastard, and I enjoy seeing those kinds of villains. Ending sets up a sequel too.

Like I said, worth playing IMO.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Apr 30th, 2012 03:49 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I liked it.

But your right, the last level sucked because of the challenges. I don't understand what they hell they were thinking.

Old Post May 1st, 2012 09:43 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by Impediment

Any opinions?

Also, you'll get your daily-dose of floppy, satanic, CG-rendered dick towards the end.

Old Post May 3rd, 2012 10:46 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

^ Yeah, that kind of made me lol.
Still wasn't as weird as babies crawling out of Cleopatra's bewbs.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post May 3rd, 2012 09:41 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix

lol

Old Post May 3rd, 2012 09:53 PM
Impediment
Endless

Stillllllll waiting on my delivery.

*sigh*

Old Post May 4th, 2012 01:40 AM
jinXed by JaNx

game is epic

Old Post May 4th, 2012 12:09 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Wonder when they're going to start on the sequel.

Old Post May 6th, 2012 02:29 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
^ Yeah, that kind of made me lol.

Oh yeah, the Nip-Babies!

Old Post May 7th, 2012 02:32 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote