KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Dante's Inferno

Dante's Inferno
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I really have no idea who Dante and Vergil are because I actually never read The Divine Comedy.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2008 07:08 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nemesis X
I really have no idea who Dante and Vergil are because I actually never read The Divine Comedy.

Okay, first of all, read at least Inferno.

Second, Dante Alighieri was the author of the Divina Commedia, and central character. The trailer mentioned him by full name.

Vergil was the famous Greek poet, who acted as Dante's guide through Hell.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2008 07:21 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by General Kaliero
Agreed. I doubt they'll have Dante or Virgil actually slaying demons and warding off the damned.

I thought I heard that the Dante will be the main character in the game and the enemies types will be from the book.

I dont know if its true or not, but I thought that was the case. I just dont think it will be a direct adaptation of the book but taking setting and characters from it.

Similiar to most games out there nowadays.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2008 07:13 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General_Iroh
White Guy

I read that you'll be playing Dante and you're trying to find that girl from paradiso, beatrice? So if they're including her and Dante I imagine Virgil will at least make an appearance.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2008 09:20 PM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

When's the 120 Days of Sodom game coming out?

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2009 01:34 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUOZ...feature=channel

Here's the new trailer. Looks awesome.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2009 04:10 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BackFire
When's the 120 Days of Sodom game coming out?
laughing laughing laughing

"The wait is over."

Old Post Mar 12th, 2009 03:22 PM
Nactous is currently offline Click here to Send Nactous a Private Message Find more posts by Nactous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUOZ...feature=channel

Here's the new trailer. Looks awesome.

...the hell?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 12th, 2009 03:25 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Raoul
...the hell?

If by "...The hell?" you mean what's with the ending of the trailer I don't blame you. Made me say the same thing.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2009 04:16 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

If by "...The hell?" you mean what's with the ending of the trailer I don't blame you. Made me say the same thing.

i meant the whole thing. just, the entire thing.

they're not just calling this dante's inferno, are they? this is actually supposed to be based on dante's work?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 13th, 2009 07:25 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Great, they said that Dante's Inferno won't be released until 2010. Don't be saying 2009 if you're not so sure EA.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2009 11:25 PM
leonheartmm

congratulations EA, you have just raped the greatest work of non english judeo/christianic literature ever. maybe the next game they shud make shud be "the bible" a first person shooter where solomon/job/noah/aron/abraham/ismael/isaac/jacob/joshua/christ/the disciples and micheal take on the world.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2009 11:36 PM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Originally posted by leonheartmm
congratulations EA, you have just raped the greatest work of non english judeo/christianic literature ever. maybe the next game they shud make shud be "the bible" a first person shooter where solomon/job/noah/aron/abraham/ismael/isaac/jacob/joshua/christ/the disciples and micheal take on the world.

Hey, that doesn't sound like a bad idea. Not a bad idea at all...

Old Post Apr 30th, 2009 12:38 AM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

....So I take it that you're not happy with this game?

Old Post Apr 30th, 2009 02:29 AM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Considering it looks like derivative Ninja Gaiden/God of War shite... things aren't really looking good, no.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2009 02:49 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

So you guys are just juding this game from the trailers? Have you seen any gameplay vids? I haven't but I'd like to know if there are any.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2009 02:58 AM
leonheartmm

lol, the POINT im not happu about is how the **** you can create an action'platforomer out of DANTE'S decent into hell which is basically an anecdote of philosophy and lityerature made for people to wonder and imagine the scenery. lmao, its like kratos takes on hell, destroying each circle until he finally reaches coccytus and defeats satan who is already trapped there.

I WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and god is going like What the f**k? What the f**k? What the f**k? erm

Old Post Apr 30th, 2009 10:45 AM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chidori210
(>'.')>RAWR<('.'<)

LOL

Lesson #3 : If you see a stranger, Follow him
[

Old Post Apr 30th, 2009 11:01 AM
chidori210 is currently offline Click here to Send chidori210 a Private Message Find more posts by chidori210 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AverageSavage

shit looks awesome. Even tho it looks like a god of war clone, i have faith in EA Readwood that they'll make a great game. And it has dante fighting demons with deaths schyte, who gives a shit about the source material.

Thanks Starlock

Old Post Apr 30th, 2009 04:21 PM
AverageSavage is currently offline Click here to Send AverageSavage a Private Message Find more posts by AverageSavage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Originally posted by AverageSavage
shit looks awesome. Even tho it looks like a god of war clone, i have faith in EA Readwood that they'll make a great game. And it has dante fighting demons with deaths schyte, who gives a shit about the source material.

...people with good taste?

Old Post Apr 30th, 2009 05:55 PM