KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Dante's Inferno

Dante's Inferno
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Dante's Inferno is being disturbing enough to make me have second thoughts on getting it. I'm actually talking about the Anime version.

Warning: What you will read will be massively...wrong. Very wrong.
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: "In the original game script we wrote that Cerberus was going to shove Dante up his a**...it was a crazy, crazy scene. We just couldn't do it in the game for a lot of reasons. To have that moment that was in the game script that was cut from the game to show up in the animated feature is just really cool." - game's executive producer, Jonathan Knight

WTF?!

Keep this in mind if you're planning on getting the Anime version of Dante's Inferno when it hits shelves somewhere in 2010. Honestly if I were you, I would not get it.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2009 01:39 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin_Volvagia

Just played the demo. Obviously, things weren't disturbing enough because it ends when you make it to the Hell's Gate. Just in that short time alone, there was more nudity than in any God of War game.

Anyway, the game plays like God of War but it's easier to combo. The cross is actually a pretty cool weapon and it doesn't feel overpowered (like the guns of DMC2). The magic is easier to use since you only hold L1 and either X /\ [] () buttons.

What I don't like is the block button being L2.

I like how the Divine edition is 60$ compared to God of War 3's ridiculous 100$ Ultimate Edition.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Dante's Inferno is being disturbing enough to make me have second thoughts on getting it. I'm actually talking about the Anime version.

Warning: What you will read will be massively...wrong. Very wrong.
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: "In the original game script we wrote that Cerberus was going to shove Dante up his a**...it was a crazy, crazy scene. We just couldn't do it in the game for a lot of reasons. To have that moment that was in the game script that was cut from the game to show up in the animated feature is just really cool." - game's executive producer, Jonathan Knight

WTF?!

Keep this in mind if you're planning on getting the Anime version of Dante's Inferno when it hits shelves somewhere in 2010. Honestly if I were you, I would not get it.

Whoa! What? Now I know the anime isn't gonna be like Naruto or Deathnote and is gonna be more like the old-style anime except more in the lines of a grindhouse film.

I probably won't buy it but I would rent it after I beat the game.

Still that couldn't be as bad as
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: killing the unbaptized babies. I know they got scythes for arms and after Dante's blood but they still make baby sounds and that's not gonna be something I would enjoy. To make things worse, there's even a trophy you get on that part.

sig by ScreamPaste

Old Post Dec 11th, 2009 02:33 PM
Sin_Volvagia is currently offline Click here to Send Sin_Volvagia a Private Message Find more posts by Sin_Volvagia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Why did I not know of this game's existance?!?!?!?

Old Post Dec 11th, 2009 11:46 PM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Maybe because you've been living in the shadows.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2009 02:13 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

That must be it. Totally getting it when it comes out.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2009 02:21 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
I probably won't buy it but I would rent it after I beat the game.

Still that couldn't be as bad as
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: killing the unbaptized babies. I know they got scythes for arms and after Dante's blood but they still make baby sounds and that's not gonna be something I would enjoy. To make things worse, there's even a trophy you get on that part.

So you really want to watch Dante getting shoved up Cerberus'es butt?

Unbaptized babies? That's it? I've seen babies in DOOM 3 that looked more screwed up than those things. Getting shoved up a monsters butt is more disturbing than demon babies if you ask me.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2009 01:52 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Monster anus human sodomy is hilarious. Especially if a really bad pun is uttered.

"PAIN IN THE ASSSSSS!!"

Old Post Dec 14th, 2009 02:03 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Holy crap, Isaac Clark from Dead Space will be an unlockable skin in Dante's Inferno but it's only exclusive to Europe! Goddang it Europe, why is it that you get the good stuff?

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2009 03:10 AM
Scythe
The Goat

Meh, I'm fine with that.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2009 03:32 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Holy crap, Isaac Clark from Dead Space will be an unlockable skin in Dante's Inferno but it's only exclusive to Europe! Goddang it Europe, why is it that you get the good stuff?

So that means we will be getting it too in AUS i'm guessing.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2009 06:07 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin_Volvagia

So you really want to watch Dante getting shoved up Cerberus'es butt?

Unbaptized babies? That's it? I've seen babies in DOOM 3 that looked more screwed up than those things. Getting shoved up a monsters butt is more disturbing than demon babies if you ask me.

It's not the babies themselves. It's killing them and hearing cry sounds when they die. Killing enough of them gives you the Bad Nanny trophy/achievement.

Watching Dante go up monster's ass couldn't be worse than watching a rape or watching Cannibal Holocaust.

sig by ScreamPaste

Old Post Dec 14th, 2009 01:34 PM
Sin_Volvagia is currently offline Click here to Send Sin_Volvagia a Private Message Find more posts by Sin_Volvagia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
Watching Dante go up monster's ass couldn't be worse than watching a rape or watching Cannibal Holocaust.

While I agree that raping and cannibalism can be more disturbing, I still think that watching a scene where Cerberus forcibly shoves Dante up where the sun doesn't shine feels very wrong.

I know I mentioned about it first but can we please stop talking about this? This conversation is getting very weird.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2009 10:50 PM
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

Played the demo, and true to the claims, it feels enough like God of War for me to have a very 'natural' experience with it. The game runs at a very smooth framerate from what I could tell, and Dante's character model, though not quite as detailed as Kratos', has very good animations, especially his running animation. My guess is that the combat itself may be a little more combo-heavy, but not to the point of becoming much of a distinction from what God of War's associated with. You can also apparently assign spells to any of the face buttons you want.

Oh, and there's also beast riding in this too.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2009 02:38 AM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Originally posted by First_Tsurugi06
Played the demo, and true to the claims, it feels enough like God of War for me to have a very 'natural' experience with it. The game runs at a very smooth framerate from what I could tell, and Dante's character model, though not quite as detailed as Kratos', has very good animations, especially his running animation. My guess is that the combat itself may be a little more combo-heavy, but not to the point of becoming much of a distinction from what God of War's associated with. You can also apparently assign spells to any of the face buttons you want.

Yea, the devs said that the game will run at 60 FPS.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2009 02:54 AM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by First_Tsurugi06

So since you played the demo and experienced the gameplay, do you think it would be best to buy the game first before Bioshock 2?

Old Post Dec 15th, 2009 03:58 AM
Impediment
Endless

I just played the PS3 demo.

This game is, most definitely, a God of War clone. The game play is almost identical.

Still, it was fun to play and the graphics were gorgeous.

I dunno if I'll buy this, but this definitely looks like a rental.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Dec 17th, 2009 12:04 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Fun thing I just had to share:

This is an image/youtube link from Fear Factory's new album, Mechanize:

The "F's" look incredibly like the scythe/main weapon that Dante uses when he defeats Death.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jan 4th, 2010 01:39 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by Impediment
I just played the PS3 demo.

This game is, most definitely, a God of War clone. The game play is almost identical.

Still, it was fun to play and the graphics were gorgeous.

I dunno if I'll buy this, but this definitely looks like a rental.

Pretty much what I thought.

Like Dead Space, they take a genre game and make a very good game, or could be make a very good game out of it.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2010 02:01 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by Impediment
Fun thing I just had to share:

This is an image/youtube link from Fear Factory's new album, Mechanize:

The "F's" look incredibly like the scythe/main weapon that Dante uses when he defeats Death.

Haha, he uses a me.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2010 08:02 AM
dadudemon

Game looks fecking sweet.

Ragesremorse, I'm the opposite of you: I hate the fact that some things are taboo, like killing babies. I'm not about doing gross disgusting things in real life, but, killing demon babies that are literally from hell sounds awesome to no end...especially if they make real baby sounds. hahaha

I REALLY enjoyed Dante's Inferno, so I am hoping to see some homage in the game. I don't expect an exact match as that would be stupid, but something enough to show me, a fan of the literature, some goodies and a reasonable semblance to the story, is enough to satisfy my whims.

Originally posted by NemeBro
There are such things as good taste and bad taste.

Which is completely relative and never factual.

it's an anthropological construct that always appeals to argumentum ad populum or what is perceived as "socially acceptable taste."

Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
complaining about a game not following certain source material to the letter despite the game makers never saying thats what they were trying to do does not signify good or bad taste. obviously this is only loosely based off of the epic no one has said "this is a realsitic adaptation of dantes epic" so i dont really see what the problem is. why do people care about a company taking something and turning it into something else and how does that relate to taste? the epics arent people they dont care and the author is dead. he doesnt care.

imo it seems more like snobbishness and pseudointellecual ranting than there being an actual problem. im not trying to attack anyone or put anybody down but thats just how i interpret it.

thumb up

Wow. I never thought I'd see myself agreeing with you on something from the entertainment area.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2010 10:38 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote