KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Dante's Inferno

Dante's Inferno
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

So hang on a second - why did Beatrice go to hell???

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2010 08:37 PM
Hewhoknowsall is currently offline Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin_Volvagia

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nemesis X
I'm not exaggerating but I will say that I almost spewed out my lunch after I saw that. Babies coming out of a woman's chest, who's the moron who came up with that?

It's Hell. Don't expect rainbows and cotton candy.

Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
So hang on a second - why did Beatrice go to hell???

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: She made a bet with Lucifer that Dante would be faithful to her. When Dante was in the Crusades, one his comrades was beating a Muslim man. The man's wife begged for them to stop and ended up whoring herself to Dante and he ended up committing adultery.

The man was upset at his wife and later after the war, he went out to assassinate people in a chapel (which included Dante's father). He found Beatrice and tried to rape her but ended up killing her. Because Dante was unfaithful, Lucifer took Beatrice as his bride.

But in reality, [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Lucifer wanted Dante to pursue after him because his physical body was trapped in the circle of Treachery. Dante did free and defeated, or so he thought. The game ends when Dante reaches Purgatory and Lucifer happened to sneak in.

sig by ScreamPaste

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 01:23 AM
Sin_Volvagia is currently offline Click here to Send Sin_Volvagia a Private Message Find more posts by Sin_Volvagia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Lovin' this game. Beat it twice already, gonna try and go for all the trophies. I pulled off a 2,124 hit combo, I loved that.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 01:28 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Originally posted by Scythe
Yeah, I know what you mean. I enjoyed Bayonetta, but not enough to buy it, ya know? It played alright, but the goddamn pop music and all the dancing. Ungh. Put me off on it. Though it was an improvement than generic hard rock soundtrack, haha.

I feel the same way, about DI stick out tongue. I enjoy it, but I'm not going to spend money for the purchase, just for a rent.

One major detractor to these sort of games has always been the soundtrack >__>. Hated DMC's (vocal) soundtracks, and am not very fond of Bayonetta's.
DI's is alright though.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 01:59 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
I feel the same way, about DI stick out tongue. I enjoy it, but I'm not going to spend money for the purchase, just for a rent.

One major detractor to these sort of games has always been the soundtrack >__>. Hated DMC's (vocal) soundtracks, and am not very fond of Bayonetta's.
DI's is alright though.

Haha, yeah. I thought for sure DI was gonna have some rehashed wannabe metal/deathmetal soundtrack.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 02:41 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin_Volvagia

Haha, yeah. I thought for sure DI was gonna have some rehashed wannabe metal/deathmetal soundtrack.

Why would a GoW (which is actually DMC clone) have a metal soundtrack? Most historical games have scores to match their environment.

sig by ScreamPaste

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 03:21 AM
Sin_Volvagia is currently offline Click here to Send Sin_Volvagia a Private Message Find more posts by Sin_Volvagia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
Why would a GoW (which is actually DMC clone) have a metal soundtrack? Most historical games have scores to match their environment.

Well, DMC had metal riffs all along the soundtrack, which were cool, but got abit annoying. Then when I heard Dante's Inferno was coming out, I don't know why I just hoped it wouldn't have a metal soundtrack because it deals with hell and satan.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 05:39 AM
Demonic Phoenix

I don't know, I consider games such as GoW and DI to be "epic", not in the sense that they are super-mega-fricking awesome, but more in line with epic films and epic poetry, etc.

Such games having a metal/deathmetal OST would be a terrible decision in my opinion. I can understand why a metal/deathmetal one would be used though. I'm glad one wasn't used.

BTW, Satan looks like a goat no ?

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 10:16 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Isn't that how he's seen in some religions?

Old Post Feb 24th, 2010 03:44 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Brava, you got the quip.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2010 05:38 AM
Scythe
The Goat

I don't know, I consider games such as GoW and DI to be "epic", not in the sense that they are super-mega-fricking awesome, but more in line with epic films and epic poetry, etc.

That's how it should be imo as well.

Such games having a metal/deathmetal OST would be a terrible decision in my opinion. I can understand why a metal/deathmetal one would be used though. I'm glad one wasn't used.

I agree!

F*ck yeah! I thought that was great. He looked like a fallen angel and a little bit of Baphomet in him.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2010 07:36 AM
jinXed by JaNx

Can we please stop using the term, CLONE? That really urks my shit and my shit is already fracked up. Should i start referring to God of War as a Final Fight Clone? What the hell people? Stop bitching bout what you don't got and start appreciating what you have. Seriously, I don't know how many times i have been told that, Darksiders is a clone, hybrid of god of war, devil may cry and zelda......WTF!!!!!!!! That game is it's own beast just as is, Dante's Inferno. If you don't wanna go to Hell then get the Frack outta the kitchen wink

Old Post Feb 24th, 2010 12:29 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin_Volvagia

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Can we please stop using the term, CLONE? That really urks my shit and my shit is already fracked up. Should i start referring to God of War as a Final Fight Clone? What the hell people? Stop bitching bout what you don't got and start appreciating what you have. Seriously, I don't know how many times i have been told that, Darksiders is a clone, hybrid of god of war, devil may cry and zelda......WTF!!!!!!!! That game is it's own beast just as is, Dante's Inferno. If you don't wanna go to Hell then get the Frack outta the kitchen wink

God of War is a DMC clone.

sig by ScreamPaste

Old Post Feb 24th, 2010 01:35 PM
dadudemon

Pwned.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2010 04:02 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Nah. It's a Castlevania clone, seeing as DMC is a Castlevania clone.

F*ck yeah! I thought that was great. He looked like a fallen angel and a little bit of Baphomet in him.

Which one of your cousins was a model for DI Satan's design stick out tongue? Or was it you ?

Last edited by Demonic Phoenix on Feb 24th, 2010 at 08:52 PM

Old Post Feb 24th, 2010 08:42 PM
Scythe
The Goat

Which one of your cousins was a model for DI Satan's design stick out tongue? Or was it you ?

Hahaha, if it was any one of us, we haven't recieved a check.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2010 10:11 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Bulls#!+

Old Post Feb 24th, 2010 10:41 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin_Volvagia

Originally posted by Nemesis X
Bulls#!+

Devil May Cry was spawned from what should've been Resident Evil 4. It became its own genre. Then came Castlevania: Lament of Innocence, one of the first DMC clones. By the time of DMC3, God of War came and they borrowed ideas becoming the most popular DMC clone. GoW fanboys go far as claiming that the game invented stylish action games but that is wrong. Next came Bayonetta which is one of the newer DMC clones. Now, we have Dante's Inferno which borrows heavily from GoW which is a DMC clone.

To sum this up:

Dante's Inferno is a GoW clone which is a DMC clone.
Bayonetta is a DMC clone and is a spiritual sequel.
God of War is a DMC clone. The just made better better level design.
Lament of Innocence is a DMC clone.
Devil May Cry spawned from RE.
Resident Evil is the genesis of stylish action.

sig by ScreamPaste

Old Post Feb 24th, 2010 11:41 PM
Sin_Volvagia

Devil May Cry was spawned from what should've been Resident Evil 4. It became its own genre. Then came Castlevania: Lament of Innocence, one of the first DMC clones. By the time of DMC3, God of War came and they borrowed ideas becoming the most popular DMC clone. GoW fanboys go far as claiming that the game invented stylish action games but that is wrong. Next came Bayonetta which is one of the newer DMC clones. Now, we have Dante's Inferno which borrows heavily from GoW which is a DMC clone.

To sum this up:

Dante's Inferno is a GoW clone which is a DMC clone.
Bayonetta is a DMC clone and is a spiritual sequel.
God of War is a DMC clone. The just made better better level design.
Lament of Innocence is a DMC clone.
Devil May Cry spawned from RE.
Resident Evil is the genesis of stylish action.

I forgot Ninja Gaiden.

Ninja Gaiden started out as a Castlevania clone and then graduated to become a DMC clone.

sig by ScreamPaste

Old Post Feb 24th, 2010 11:45 PM
Cosmic Cube
I don't have any friends.

This game totally blew me away. Compelling story, awesome level design, stunning visuals, sound and full frontal nudity all in one huge package? That's a 10/10 in my book.

Read 'em and weep GOW3; you've just been upstaged.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2010 10:03 PM
Cosmic Cube is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Cube a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Cube Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote