KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Dante's Inferno

Dante's Inferno
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Phanteros
the Shade knight

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
This game totally blew me away. Compelling story, awesome level design, stunning visuals, sound and full frontal nudity all in one huge package? That's a 10/10 in my book.

Read 'em and weep GOW3; you've just been upstaged.
Compelling story? it ripped a few off of god of war. Stunning visuals? Wait untill GOW3 comes out.

The game is practically god of war in a different coat of paint.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2010 09:27 AM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonheartmm

a shameless ripoff of god of war.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2010 12:01 PM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

This game totally blew me away. Compelling story, awesome level design, stunning visuals, sound and full frontal nudity all in one huge package? That's a 10/10 in my book.

It can't even upstage GoWII no expression

Originally posted by Scythe
Hahaha, if it was any one of us, we haven't recieved a check.

Hmm, I must have the wrong goat family then

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Feb 28th, 2010 08:32 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

...Are you retarded? The game hasn't even come out yet and already you're acting like a jacked up kindergartner for this game. Better than GowIII? Stop embarassing yourself.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2010 08:14 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
It can't even upstage GoWII no expression

It can't even upstage GoWI no expression

Old Post Feb 28th, 2010 08:15 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by leonheartmm
a shameless ripoff of god of war.

Most every game is a rip-off of another game. Aside from the combat system, Dante's Inferno is it's own game. I'm sick of hearing this shit. Anytime a 3rd person hack and slash comes out, regardless of how good it is, it's automatically a rip-off of, God Of War. The God of War gameplay is by no means original, it's just well made. Just because a hack and slash game has a combo system and visceral violence doesn't make it a God of War rip-off.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2010 11:36 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by Phanteros
Compelling story? it ripped a few off of god of war. Stunning visuals? Wait untill GOW3 comes out.

The game is practically god of war in a different coat of paint.

The story didn't rip off God of War in any way. Yeah, the gameplay is very similar to the gameplay in God of War, but how is that a bad thing?

Old Post Feb 28th, 2010 11:39 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

if the gameplay IS a rip-off of god of war, thats a plus for me..

Old Post Mar 1st, 2010 12:09 AM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

Originally posted by Phanteros
Compelling story? it ripped a few off of god of war.

what the f*ck are you talking about? stick out tongue dantes inferno's story is based off of... dantes inferno erm its as far from a god of war rip off of as possible story wise. it is at least based off of real source material erm

Last edited by AthenasTrgrFngr on Mar 1st, 2010 at 02:57 AM

Old Post Mar 1st, 2010 02:52 AM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube
I don't have any friends.

Originally posted by Nemesis X
...Are you retarded? The game hasn't even come out yet and already you're acting like a jacked up kindergartner for this game. Better than GowIII? Stop embarassing yourself.
To answer your question, yes.

Dante's Inferno's storyline is infinitely superior to GOW due to one factor; it doesn't involve any retarded time travel plot devices. Backwards time travel instantly divides the stupidity factor of a story by zero. Unless you're like ten, you'd understand why it is a lame-o overused plot device that makes no sense at all.

GOW's story is cliche and suxxorzz. Dante's Inferno roxx my soxxorz. Besides GOW lacks frontal nudity, which is always a big plus in my book. Get on the ball, SCE-SM, and give us some full frontal.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2010 03:55 AM
Cosmic Cube is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Cube a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Cube Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Hmm, I must have the wrong goat family then

There's another?!?! Deathmatch, I can feel it.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2010 07:24 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Better than GowIII? Stop embarassing yourself.

It is when it comes to graphics, Just have to check out the recent making of videos.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2010 07:34 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

Originally posted by Kazenji
It is when it comes to graphics, Just have to check out the recent making of videos.

DI's graphics are some of the least impressive this generation on a technical level no expression Just Kratos' character model ousts anything seen in this game, whereas Dante's, though well-animated, is one of the worst-looking since Alex Mercer's.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2010 09:01 AM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by First_Tsurugi06
DI's graphics are some of the least impressive this generation on a technical level no expression Just Kratos' character model ousts anything seen in this game, whereas Dante's, though well-animated, is one of the worst-looking since Alex Mercer's.

Saying that it's one of the most least impressive of this generation sounds like a biased and narrow opinion laughing out loud

I definitely agree with you when it comes to Dantes in-game character model. He just looks awful, even with the bullshit costumes that they're selling he still looks stiff, clunky and ugly. The rest of the game, however is quite beautiful and extremely immersive. I really don't know anything about the technical aspect but as an experienced gamer i would say it's probably one of the better looking games on the 360, not one of the best but one of the better looking.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2010 11:33 AM
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Saying that it's one of the most least impressive of this generation sounds like a biased and narrow opinion laughing out loud

'They still suck. no expression'

I would say in a carelessly blunt manner, were I actually of a biased and narrow mindset.

I've already mentioned worse-looking games (Prototype. If you want another, I'll mention Conan; a game that's dull enough to be called a real GoW ripoff), being as such because at the very least, DI's visuals have the art direction going for it. If you want the briefest explanation of my full opinion, here it is:

Artistically, the game looks like Hell.
Techincally, the game looks like Hell.

cwutididthar

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2010 01:12 AM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

It can't even upstage GoWI no expression

Funniest thing ever consecutively said on this site or anywhere.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2010 01:23 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

'They still suck. no expression'

I would say in a carelessly blunt manner, were I actually of a biased and narrow mindset.

I've already mentioned worse-looking games (Prototype. If you want another, I'll mention Conan; a game that's dull enough to be called a real GoW ripoff), being as such because at the very least, DI's visuals have the art direction going for it. If you want the briefest explanation of my full opinion, here it is:

Artistically, the game looks like Hell.
Techincally, the game looks like Hell.

cwutididthar

laughing out loud hardass laughing out loud

What ever, man you don't know what you're talking about wink I feel sorry for you though because you're missing out on these great experiences. I Wonder how your perspective functions, somtimes stick out tongue

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2010 08:51 AM
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
I Wonder how your perspective functions, somtimes stick out tongue

In a little way called 'rationally'. wink

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2010 08:56 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I'll mention Conan; a game that's dull enough to be called a real GoW ripoff),

I quite liked that Conan

one thing i found with it was it had more a variety to the grab moves when the enemy has been weakend, Instead of the O button like God of War with Conan it had it on all the buttons

and also the ability to grab the weapons or Shields off the enemies.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2010 09:01 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

In a little way called 'rationally'. wink

Oh, DAMN!! i didn't get the memo...,i hate it when this happens. Someone went and changed the definition of rationality again. Apparently it's been swapped with the definition of ignorance. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2010 04:51 PM