KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » What Spidey villains have substance? Part II

What Spiderman villains have substance (non-visual qualities that you like)?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Green Goblin only 1 6.67%
Doc Ock only 1 6.67%
Venom only 2 13.33%
Green Goblin and Doc Ock only 3 20.00%
Green Goblin and Venom only 2 13.33%
Doc Ock and Venom only 0 0%
Green Goblin, Doc Ock, and Venom 5 33.33%
None of these three 1 6.67%
Total: 15 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

What Spidey villains have substance? Part II
Started by: werehawk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
werehawk

What Spidey villains have substance? Part II

OK. Even with the lukewarm response to the eye candy poll (8 votes and 1 or 2 others that think none of the big 3 look cool), I'll move ahead with part II.

Which of the big three Spiderman villains have non-visual qualities that make them appealing? Lets keep the votes and conversation fixated on the comic-verse (so not how they were portrayed in movies or cartoons) and specifically the 616 universe. So things been talking about are personality, great origin, impact on Spiderman etc.

This is part two because I am trying to get to the bottom of why we like (or dislike) Green Goblin, Doc Ock, and Venom. We are talking opinion here so make sure these 'non-visual qualities' are things that make you want to read or buy comics with the characters no matter what they look like. Picturing them each as Aunt May may or may not help.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2009 02:42 AM
werehawk is currently offline Click here to Send werehawk a Private Message Find more posts by werehawk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
harri
I may be a geek

Well this is difficult, because i do like osborn's background, and his personality. But i think i'll go for dock ock, he looks so fat and pathetic without those 4 metalic arms, but when they do come out...... bloody hell, his personality is brilliant too. Though i don't really like how he became dock ock, it's abit too obvious.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2009 10:11 AM
harri is currently offline Click here to Send harri a Private Message Find more posts by harri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Keehar

Green Goblin and Doc Ock only.

You don't question or wonder why they do what they do. Or why they hate Spider-Man as much as they do.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2009 08:21 PM
Keehar is currently offline Click here to Send Keehar a Private Message Find more posts by Keehar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doc Ock
The Master Planner

Well, it'll come as no surprise for me to say Doctor Octopus and Green Goblin.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2009 09:15 PM
Doc Ock is currently offline Click here to Send Doc Ock a Private Message Find more posts by Doc Ock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Where's Kangaroo man? sad

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jan 1st, 2009 09:42 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magic_attack
Master of the Torrent

Which one?

Old Post Jan 1st, 2009 09:51 PM
Magic_attack is currently offline Click here to Send Magic_attack a Private Message Find more posts by Magic_attack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

The one with the kangaroo costume

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Jan 1st, 2009 09:53 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magic_attack
Master of the Torrent

I never liked Hibbs.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2009 11:13 PM
Magic_attack is currently offline Click here to Send Magic_attack a Private Message Find more posts by Magic_attack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Any reason?

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Jan 1st, 2009 11:17 PM
Magic_attack
Master of the Torrent

He had a lousy reason for becoming a villain. He also had a lousy gimmick.

I think he is dead now though.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2009 11:38 PM
steverules_2

How did the kangaroo men die?

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2009 01:25 AM
Doc Ock
The Master Planner

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Magic_attack
Which one?

There was more than one Kangaroo Man? messed

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2009 01:30 AM
Doc Ock is currently offline Click here to Send Doc Ock a Private Message Find more posts by Doc Ock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magic_attack
Master of the Torrent

Originally posted by steverules_2
How did the kangaroo men die?

Franky boy was blown up or turned to dust somehow.

I am not sure about Hibbs. Last I saw of him he was hanging with Tombstone, but I think he got killed after that.

Originally posted by Doc Ock
There was more than one Kangaroo Man? messed

laughing out loud

As sad as that is, there was more than one. Only one wore the Kangaroo costume though.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2009 01:35 AM
steverules_2

And that was Hibbs

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2009 01:47 AM
Magic_attack
Master of the Torrent

Yeah. Hibbs is your favorite kangaroo costume wearing villain.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2009 01:53 AM
steverules_2

Oh yeah for sure cool

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2009 01:56 AM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Venom and Armless Tiger Man. smile

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2009 08:59 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Davis Bloome
Death Must Follow

I think the poll is fairly flawed, as a great number of Spider-Man's villains have substance.

The Green Goblin, Doc Ock, Hobgoblin, Venom, Electro, the Lizard, Black Cat (if you consider her an actual villain, of course), etc. There are a lot of villains that have substance when it comes to Spider-Man's rogue's gallery.

Whirlwind of Chaos

Old Post Apr 7th, 2010 05:20 AM
Davis Bloome is currently offline Click here to Send Davis Bloome a Private Message Find more posts by Davis Bloome Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KCJ506

Just about all of them except for Carnage.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2010 07:17 AM
KCJ506 is currently offline Click here to Send KCJ506 a Private Message Find more posts by KCJ506 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

Personality is what keeps the villains interesting.

The Green Goblin is a psychotic, manipulative, self centered bastard that will sell out even his son in order to get what he wants. He's one of my all time favorite villains.

Dr. Octopus is a smug, over confident man that went from a timid mouse to a self proclaimed god. Everything he does is some kind of master plan, whether it be terrorism or the biggest heist in the world.

Venom was a good character back in the 80s not because he was 'the evil Spider-Man', but because he was someone with a twisted sense of justice to an extremely high degree. He protects the innocent... Up to a point. If he finds it necessary to kill someone, he'll do it. If someone was connected to Peter, he'll harass them as much as needed to get to Spidey.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2010 08:20 AM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote