KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Smallville Forum » ready for season 9??!!

ready for season 9??!!
Started by: hermione7

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Badabing
Maybe you could die the rest of the way sooner rather than later.

I'm glad Smallville will be back.

laughing out loud

yeah, maybe this season will be an improvement...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 23rd, 2009 04:08 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lexy3643

I want to know if anything will happen between oliver and chloe and what will happen to clark after what he told chloe at the end of doomsday. it's almost too much to bare!!!

Old Post May 30th, 2009 07:13 PM
lexy3643 is currently offline Click here to Send lexy3643 a Private Message Find more posts by lexy3643 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hermione7
HHR and CLOIS shipper

Melrose,' '90210' to kick off Sept. 8
CW announces fall premiere schedule

The CW will kick off its fall campaign on Sept. 8 with the sophomore year of "90210" and the bow of "Melrose Place."

Net has also decided to flop the time slots of its Monday dramas, which will send "Gossip Girl" to the 9 p.m. hour.

It's the second year in a row that "90210" is the centerpiece of the net's fall launch campaign, and CW is hoping that anticipation will be high for the remodeled "Melrose." CW is getting a jumpstart on its competish by launching the week of Sept. 8, but it won't be quite as quick out of the gate as last year, when the net's fall sked launched on Labor Day.

The rollout continues Sept. 9 with the two-hour preem of "America's Next Top Model," followed Sept. 10 by the preem of "Vampire Diaries" and return of "Supernatural."

The Monday slate returns on Sept. 14, though the "Gossip Girl"-"One Tree Hill" slot swap will take effect July 6 with repeat segs. The regular Wednesday slate of "Top Model" and newbie drama "A Beautiful Life" arrives on Sept. 16.

CW's Friday lineup of "Smallville" and "Top Model" repeat will not materialize until Sept. 25. On Friday Sept. 11 and Sept. 18, the net plans to run repeats of its new dramas.

CW will also rerun segs of its new series on Sundays through Sept. 27, when it formally returns five hours of program time to its affiliate stations. CW confirmed last month that it is bowing out of Sunday programming in an effort to strengthen its overall primetime perf (Daily Variety, May 5).

CW also confirmed to its affiliate stations this month that it will give back one hour of its two-hour Monday-Friday daytime block as of the 2010-11 season. At present it programs the 3-5 p.m. block with yakker "The Tyra Banks Show," one original and one repeat seg. As of 2010-11, it will return the 4-5 p.m. hour to affiliates.

That was Clark, the boy raised in Smallville, the man trying to carve a life for himself in Metropolis. A life which the most important element was a vivacious young woman named Lois Lane.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2009 12:08 PM
hermione7 is currently offline Click here to Send hermione7 a Private Message Find more posts by hermione7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theShowstopper
Forum dude

I can't wait for Season 9!

Old Post Jun 18th, 2009 05:32 PM
theShowstopper is currently offline Click here to Send theShowstopper a Private Message Find more posts by theShowstopper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hermione7
HHR and CLOIS shipper

Brian Austin Green has been cast on Smallville as the DC Comics villain Metallo, TVGuide.com has learned exclusively.
That's right — the Terminator alum is now playing a cyborg himself.
Green will appear as the kryptonite-powered villain (alter ego "Daily Planet" journo John Corben) in at least the first two episodes of Season 9, which kicks off Friday, Sept. 25.

That was Clark, the boy raised in Smallville, the man trying to carve a life for himself in Metropolis. A life which the most important element was a vivacious young woman named Lois Lane.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2009 04:53 PM
hermione7 is currently offline Click here to Send hermione7 a Private Message Find more posts by hermione7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by hermione7
Brian Austin Green has been cast on Smallville as the DC Comics villain Metallo, TVGuide.com has learned exclusively.
That's right — the Terminator alum is now playing a cyborg himself.
Green will appear as the kryptonite-powered villain (alter ego "Daily Planet" journo John Corben) in at least the first two episodes of Season 9, which kicks off Friday, Sept. 25.

hello hermione7.. Greene should be good hopefully

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 19th, 2009 09:51 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

From Hollywood Reporter

'Smallville' casts its General Zod
Callum Blue will play the villain next season
By Nellie Andreeva
June 23, 2009, 06:59 PM ET
Updated: June 23, 2009, 07:49 PM ET
Superman will be facing General Zod.

Brit Callum Blue has joined CW's "Smallville" as a regular. He will play the young man of steel's future arch nemesis in the sci-fi drama's upcoming ninth season.

Supervillain General Zod from the DC Comics books was introduced in 1980 feature "Superman II," where the role was played by Terence Stamp.

Blue, whose series credits include Showtime's "The Tudors" and "Secret Diary of a Call Girl" and the WB's "Related," is repped by Gersh and manager Beth Holden.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2009 01:22 AM
~JP~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hermione7
HHR and CLOIS shipper

B.BIG RUMOR: From Smallville To... Metropolis?

Ain't It Cool News today posted a big rumor that - if true - could be something huge for Smallville fans.

Here's something a tipster sent that site:

On black, with crimson/red text in the same font lettering that Smallville uses, and a transparent grey Superman "S" watermark behind the text:

METROPOLIS

CHRISTMAS 2010

Then at the bottom is a banner advertising the Smallville presentation.

AICN is suggesting the possibility that Smallville will conclude its 9-year run in May 2010, with whatever this is serving as a sequel to the show.

So far, no one officially connected with the series has confirmed or denied anything. To go into a ninth season with an end point in mind would be very smart for the series, both creatively and in terms of promotion, especially if a "Metropolis" movie could wrap it up. Bonus points could be had if former series stars like Michael Rosenbaum, Kristin Kreuk, Annette O'Toole, and even John Glover and John Schneider could return for the series' final hurrah.

Stay tuned for more information. Of course if this is true, we'll be hearing more at the Comic-Con panel on July 26! big grin hello BruceSkywalker. big grin big grin

Old Post Jun 25th, 2009 12:49 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Ain't It Cool News today posted a big rumor that - if true - could be something huge for Smallville fans.

On black, with crimson/red text in the same font lettering that Smallville uses, and a transparent grey Superman "S" watermark behind the text:

METROPOLIS

CHRISTMAS 2010

AICN is suggesting the possibility that Smallville will conclude its 9-year run in May 2010, with whatever this is serving as a sequel to the show.

So far, no one officially connected with the series has confirmed or denied anything. To go into a ninth season with an end point in mind would be very smart for the series, both creatively and in terms of promotion, especially if a "Metropolis" movie could wrap it up. Bonus points could be had if former series stars like Michael Rosenbaum, Kristin Kreuk, Annette O'Toole, and even John Glover and John Schneider could return for the series' final hurrah.

Stay tuned for more information. Of course if this is true, we'll be hearing more at the Comic-Con panel on July 26! big grin hello BruceSkywalker. big grin big grin

hi...

this sounds like Clark will put on the red and blue tights and fly

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 25th, 2009 09:44 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

METROPOLIS

CHRISTMAS 2010

Sounds very good.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Jun 27th, 2009 05:39 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

please tell me this isnt true.I was so hoping that this show which went downhill after the fourth season was finally over with.I only came back here to this section in hopes of hearing news the show had finally ended.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 07:56 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
in the final episode he will be wearing blue and red

Originally posted by Mindship in another thread
It'll be interesting to see how the series ends. My guess is, it will end just as the Superman era begins (final scene of final episode: there's major trouble in metropolis; Clark's running toward the camera, pulling open his shirt: the last thing we see is the "S" shield).
cool

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 10:28 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

New stuff out this last week or so.

E!Online
quote:
Lorraine in the United Kingdom: Any chance of some Chloe-Oliver action on Smallville next season? I just love those two characters!
Sorry, no Chloe-Oliver gettin' together on Smallville this season, but they will continue to be awesome separately. We're hearing the big romance arc this season is Lois and Clark.

TV Guide
quote:
Clark Kent’s new nemesis in Smallville’s ninth season will be Phantom Zone reject General Zod, played by 31-year-old Brit Callum Blue, whose credits include Dead Like Me and The Tudors.

But seems Supes may have another force to reckon with within his very own junior Justice League. Justin Hartley, who plays Oliver Queen/Green Arrow, recently met with his producers who told him, “Oliver will be more and more fed up with the whole [superhero] thing and on a downward spiral. I also hear he may be revisiting the Lois [romance].” Hmm...seems a poison arrow could be headed right through Clark’s heart.

Who do you like Lois with? Superman or Green Arrow?

Ausiello
quote:

Question: Could you kindly tell us Smallville fans what Season 9 will be about? --Colin
Ausiello: According to Justin Hartley, a portion of it will be about Oliver confronting his demons. "I think he is going to struggle with the things he has been afforded [as a result of] his powers," he says. "He has sacrificed things and done things that haunt him… It's bad stuff. We need to get to the bottom of it."

Question: I'm looking for a major Smallville scoop. --Corina
Ausiello: You found it: The iconic "S" symbol will be all over the show in season 9. Including on Clark's chest.

Question: I'll give you a dollar if you have any scoop on the rumor circulating that after Season 9 of Smallville there may be a spin-off called Metropolis. --Tan
Ausiello: My peeps at Warner Bros. are still insisting that some drunk fan probably made that up nothing like that is being discussed at the moment. Now for the awkward part: I'd like my dollar. I accept cash or Diners Club.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2009 09:49 PM
~JP~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

I'm ready to finally see Superman in "Smallville" and watch him in action.

But I have a feeling that he'll don the suit at either mid or more likely the end of season nine. Or, in dramatic fashion, and for the first time, in his barn, he'll hold the suit, then maybe look up in the sky, then look at the camera with steely determination with the Superman theme playing in the background barely unnoticeable, as the screen fades to black.

I believe he'll fully embrace and accept flying up, up, and away. Like it would be normal to him.

Season 10 will definitely see "Superman" most likely half to more than half the time..

my take.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jul 9th, 2009 10:21 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Man o man.

"Metropolis" would own, all forever. I'd be the best thing on TV.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jul 9th, 2009 10:26 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

From E! Online

quote:
The wait for Smallville is just too long! It's still a whole month until season nine premieres on Sept. 25 on the CW. So instead of sitting around and sulking, we went straight to the source to get the scoop on Clark (Tom Welling) and the gang.

Executive producer Kelly Souders was more than happy to tease all the Smallville happenings, including the sensual sex scene between Clark and Lois (Erica Durance), who's getting a sidekick this season and how Clark can defeat Zod (Callum Blue) before a new mystery person tries to kill him. Oh just another day in the life of Clark Kent.

We've also got details on the new casting of Roulette and who she'll be messing with this season...

After eight seasons, the iconic couple is finally coming together this year. Says Souders, "We see hints of it in the first episode, so any Clark-Lois fans should not miss the first episode. Here's my hint: Watch to the very last second of the show." Could Sounders be hinting that the infamous sex scene is in the premiere episode? She was coy about saying but did spill that the lovemaking is "not a dream."

Of course, there's trouble in paradise, though. As Erica Durance teased before, Lois returns from the future believing she has amnesia and has flashes of things she doesn't understand. Souders exclusively reveals to us that there's something more sinister happening: "Episode nine will reveal what's been haunting Lois since the premiere episode and will give Clark insight to what he'll need to do this season to defeat Zod." Ruh-roh, that doesn't sound positive.

Clark's social life is also not on the positive side this season. Sounders tells us, "You will see a new look for Clark and a new side to Clark in the opener, a side that's really had to come to grips with the power and responsibilities he's had, and it definitely has an impact. I won't say dark because it's always the Superman underneath it all that we all know and love; it's just one of his trials and tribulations on his path. He's trying to balance a life and trying to balance the things you have to do in the day to get by, so he's no different than anyone else."

Clark and Chloe's (Allison Mack) relationship is going to suffer this season as well. Not only is the Blur too busy to play best friend, but there's tension between the pair over Chloe's lost love. "They start out the season in a hard place, and by the end of the first episode, it gets even harder, all because of Jimmy. They've had a long relationship, and you can't really throw out eight years of friendship over a horrible instance, so we'll see where it takes them," says Souders. And for those die-hard Jimmy fans, there's every chance he could reappear in a flashback. "We are throwing that around. We'll see if that comes together. But we'd love to have him back."
Steph Song Frazer Harrison/Getty Images

"There's also going to be a whole slew of people that DC fans are going to recognize this season," says Souders. The producers announced at Comic-Con that Roulette would pop up this season, and now studio reps have confirmed that Steph Song has been cast for the role. Song guest stars in one episode, slated to air in October. The rep teases, "Roulette is a seductive temptress who engages Oliver (Justin Hartley) in a sinister game that puts his life in jeopardy." Souders adds, "I can tell you that I've seen her in the famous Roulette dress, and I don't think fans will be disappointed!"

Oliver may be getting into trouble this season, but he's also going to have some help. "You will see a sidekick for Green Arrow," teases Souders. "If everything comes to fruition, it will be one of the incantations that people know and hopefully love. It's a very sympathetic sidekick."

Finally, based off the new season-nine trailer, someone from the future is trying to kill Clark Kent. Souders spills, "It's not one of our castmembers, but it's somebody who's maybe a lot closer to home for Clark."

Old Post Aug 26th, 2009 11:54 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

i wonder if GA's sidekick will be called speedy... laughing out loud

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 31st, 2009 10:29 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

From TV Guide via K-site

quote:

The new issue of TV Guide Magazine has a rundown of many DC Comics-related spoilers and characters who are coming to the show in the near future. Here are some highlights!

Read the full article - including quotes from the show's executive producers and writer Geoff Johns - at TVGuideMagazine.com!

- Faora and Basqat will be among the Kryptonian cronies we'll see with Zod.
- Confirming that the Mia Dearden version of "Speedy" is coming to the show, Peterson reveals that, like her comic book counterpart, Mia WILL be HIV-positive. "She has a sordid past and crosses paths with Oliver [Green Arrow] in some shady places,” Kelly Souders says. “But he gives her hope.” Mia, who will debut her red-and-yellow comic colors in Episode 6, has “amazing martial-arts skills” yet to be honed, Peterson says. (We had this episode listed as #7 on our Spoilers page, which may imply they're changing up the episode order a little)
- In "Idol," Zan and Jayna take the form of an ice sheet and a cougar, and although they won't have pointy ears, we very well may get a peek at their space monkey Gleek.
- The Justice Society returns "to give these screwed up guys of the next generation a needed smack-down," Geoff Johns says. The characters appearing are not yet known and will rely on legal clearances, but Johns says the characters will be in their 40's and Jay Garrick and Alan Scott will not be appearing.
- Brian Peterson reveals that Perry White (Michael McKean) might finally be working his way back to the Daily Planet! Here's hoping they can actually get him back.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2009 07:37 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

if johns does take more control, i can see a definite improvement in the show happening...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2009 06:03 AM
~JP~
yeah baby

OK so the CW went and switched a bunch of episodes around (no idea why). This is the correct listing and Ive asked Ushgarak to fix the titles.

9/5 is Roulette
9/6 is Crossfire
9/7 is Kandor
9/8 is Idol

Old Post Sep 6th, 2009 10:09 PM