KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin

F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

ID should've made a sequel leading after Quake 4 but back on topic, I'm definately gettin this game. Though I question how scary this game will be. Normally horror games like this would give me a heart attack. Alma is scary and we're talkin Grudge scary. I hope she dies.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2009 12:51 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

You will die.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jan 25th, 2009 01:16 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zack Fair
You will die.

Alma fanboy, you will be perished.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2009 01:21 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Nemesis X
ID should've made a sequel leading after Quake 4 but back on topic,

Wha ?!?!

when did Quake 4 have a sequal ?

Old Post Jan 25th, 2009 01:24 AM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Just picked this game up today. Looking forward to playing it.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2009 01:19 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Me too.

I had a interesting install though. Was going to buy it on Steam, but its 49.99 US, so I picked it up at EB. During installation, it freezes the computer to the point on where it can't even restart explorer. That's after I put in the 2nd disc, instead of going through install again, I noticed I can just dl it now.

That's pretty cool actually.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2009 02:41 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Played about 2 hours of it. It's pretty sweet. It's not as creepy as FEAR, but there are a few eekk moments.

If you like FEAR, you like this game. The environment seem to be better, but I hope they incorporate some more of the story from the first.

Great action though, and very satisfying. Graphics are good also, but have a bit of a fuzzy fill to them, which I'm getting used too. Sound is always amazing with a Monolith game. Scripted events are roughly the same. Enemy types are like the first, but those really fast ****ers are freaky.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2009 04:33 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Icy Ninja
Ninja Sith

Originally posted by Smasandian
Enemy types are like the first, but those really fast ****ers are freaky.

Those guys are back I nearly shit a brick when I first ran into those. Gonna try and rent this game this weekend

Old Post Feb 13th, 2009 04:53 AM
Icy Ninja is currently offline Click here to Send Icy Ninja a Private Message Find more posts by Icy Ninja Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

There back?

What game was it?

Old Post Feb 13th, 2009 04:58 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I'm gonna get F.E.A.R. 2 tomorrow. I just saw a trailer about Alma returning and honestly, I'm gettin nightmares tonight.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2009 07:09 AM
BackFire

Game's sweet, like Smas said, if you like the original you'll like this one.

One thing though, it seems like the grenades don't feel quite as cool this time. In the first game they had that cool effect, you could see them kinda alter the air around them, felt really powerful. In this one they don't feel as cool, just like a puff of smoke and a little boom.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2009 10:00 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I've noticed that too. I also feel the ragdoll effects are less pronounce in slo mo than last time too. I had a shotgun, which I actually dont like that much and I though I would just **** somebody up, but in the end, a little puff a red came out, plastered on the wall, and no limbs flying.

2 hours in and I already seen 4 enemy types. That's 1 more than the last game, hahah.

Right now, I give it solid 8.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2009 03:21 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I liked the demo, and I will probably play/buy this in summer because my priorities are for K2, RE5 and SF4.

The one thing that bugged me, though not much was the cover system. It seemed somewhat pointless. Other than that it looks and plays solid.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2009 04:04 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, I dont really know how it can annoy people. You don't need to use it.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2009 01:17 AM
BackFire

Is there an actual cover system in this game? All I see is sometimes you have the opportunity to flip something over, and then just duck behind it. Is there something more that I'm not aware of?

Old Post Feb 15th, 2009 01:46 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

That's the cover system I assume he is talking about.

I like that you can flip things over. It's pretty sweet when your getting attacked by three people in the middle of the open, and you just hit 'E' and you have some make shift cover. It's not the best, but still pretty cool.

I don't understand why some critics are dissing this game. FEAR was great, but it had it share of problems, most notably the enivornments and enemy types.

This game is like FEAR, but the enemy types are better and the enivorments are much better also. The action is some of the best I've played recently. I don't get it.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2009 04:39 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

The shooting looks similar to the shooting seen in Killzone 2.

Alma was a creepy little girl and now she's a naked grown woman. Does anyone know what's up with that? She wore clothes in the first FEAR but now she's all nude.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2009 04:40 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

You mean Killzone 2 shooting looks like the original FEAR?

Old Post Feb 15th, 2009 04:42 AM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Killzone 2 is more like CoD than F.E.A.R I don't know what he is talking about.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2009 05:05 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

The ending blows. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Alma is pregnant for a third time and she isn't even destroyed. Oh well, at least this means there might be a FEAR 3. Seriously, the broad should've died.

Last edited by BackFire on Feb 16th, 2009 at 03:18 AM

Old Post Feb 16th, 2009 01:46 AM