KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Top 5 Worst Gaming Consoles Ever

Top 5 Worst Gaming Consoles Ever
Started by: tom_servo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

i would definitely put any Xbox system, game.com, atari 5200, phillips cd-i, 3do, and the atari jaguar to that list, and yeah, the sega systems other than the 32x are out of place on the list compared with all the crap that should be on there.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Jan 28th, 2009 04:00 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Why any XBOX system?

Old Post Jan 28th, 2009 04:02 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hardware issues?

Otherwise, there's no real logical answer.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2009 04:12 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Obviously a piece written by a spastic. What a joke.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2009 04:29 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

indeed...seriously, the sega genesis is on that list, but the cd-i isnt?

Old Post Jan 28th, 2009 05:52 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Yeah the genesis was great, It even had some games that were better on it then what they were Snes.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2009 08:51 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
Your choices are amusing.

The original XBOX was a waste of money.
Anyone who did not see through the deception and bought that POS of a console was scammed.

The original Game Boy is in my list because:
a) It impaired my 20/20 vision. The lack of colors and any source of lighting was something that Nintendo should be ashamed of.

b) It uses 4 friggin AA batteries! 4 AA BATTERIES!! Ridiculous! Sure, you can purchase a rechargable battery pack. But for $30? Not to mention the hefty weight and the phone extension that made it look like it had a wang.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Jan 28th, 2009 03:58 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Originally posted by occultdestroyer
The original XBOX was a waste of money.
Anyone who did not see through the deception and bought that POS of a console was scammed.

The original Game Boy is in my list because:
a) It impaired my 20/20 vision. The lack of colors and any source of lighting was something that Nintendo should be ashamed of.

b) It uses 4 friggin AA batteries! 4 AA BATTERIES!! Ridiculous! Sure, you can purchase a rechargable battery pack. But for $30? Not to mention the hefty weight and the phone extension that made it look like it had a wang.

Well, consider that the other handhelds of the time used six AAs, and couldn't even last as long as the Game Boy with those.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2009 04:54 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joker1237

Funny, he mentions Pitt Fighter for Sega, but he forgets that the game was JUST as bad on the Super Nes. It was not sega that made Pitt Fighter bad, it was just a bad game no matter what system it was on lol.

Midway classics II on the PS2, XBox 360 ete had Pitt Fighter, did the game impove on these sysems?? Nope, the game was just as bad as it was in its hey day, if it had a hey day lol.

Have a laugh evey now and than.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2009 05:09 PM
Joker1237 is currently offline Click here to Send Joker1237 a Private Message Find more posts by Joker1237 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ultimate Wil
Faster than a bullet

Wii and DS

Starlock Rocks at Making Sigs...Judas Priest is Back!

Old Post Jan 28th, 2009 05:49 PM
Ultimate Wil is currently offline Click here to Send Ultimate Wil a Private Message Find more posts by Ultimate Wil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tom_servo

Here's MY freaking list.

5. The X-Box 360. Why? Hardware issues. It's not that the console doesn't have a ton of great games for it. It does. What kills it is the constant plague of RRoD reports the console seems to STILL be having after the launch..what, two years ago? Mine has been plagued by Cooling System failures, and Disc Tray issues. I'm not dogging on its success because the PS3 has apparently sold more. At a time, the 360 was outselling PS3. No, I'm dogging it for the shitty way Microsoft put the console together. It's a great system if you can find one that'll last. My first system lasted two years, so it is possible.

4. CD-i. Marketed as an interactive player, it didn't really help that no one knew what the damned thing was. There was hardly any advertising at all save for infomercials that no one watched. The system was discontinued in '98 when more powerful and cheaper consoles were released. It sold only 570,000 units. Really. Who did you know that had a CD-i?

3. 3DO. It was bulky, it was pricey.. $700, and it failed. Most notably because of the mentioned price tag. No one wanted to pay 700 bucks for a complete 'audio and visual experience'.

2. Atari 5200. If there was ever a time that an unnecessary console hit the market..it was the 5200. Backwards compatibility was never apart of the console, though it was later rectified. It failed because there was too much focus on the 2600.

1. Virtual Boy. Why? Why? Why? The godfather of the Gameboy clearly had good intentions with the monochrome red device, but it failed. It gave you headaches, and the pseudo 3Dness of it wasn't really 3D in the first place. Besides, the headache the thing gave you was enough to throw the thing out the window.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2009 06:05 PM
tom_servo is currently offline Click here to Send tom_servo a Private Message Find more posts by tom_servo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
Why any XBOX system?

No good games, charging for internet, crappy controllers, a huge rate of failure (an EU report in a class action lawsuit said that 60% of 360's suffered general hardware failure, the industry standard is 3-5%)

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Jan 28th, 2009 09:04 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

The real issue people have with the Xbox is the damn Red Ring of Death.
It's happened to me before. My first 360 I had to ship to a repair station and waited for 3 weeks. It came back, it was a replacement, I played for three months and the stupid thing suddenly got the Red Ring. I had to ship it again and it came back 3 weeks and a few days later. If this happens to me again, I'm swearing at the customer service when I call them.

I'm not saying I hate the 360, I just hate the errors it has.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2009 09:21 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tom_servo

You can't place "Charging for Internet" as a basis for why a system is bad. Anyone who uses that argument against the 360 is f'ing stupid. I'm sorry, but it's the truth. And there's no good games? Have you been living under a rock the past five years or so?

Old Post Jan 28th, 2009 09:26 PM
tom_servo is currently offline Click here to Send tom_servo a Private Message Find more posts by tom_servo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

If he wants to think that the PSFail is better, that's his prerogative.

I feel that the PS3 sucks because it has a shitty controller and one game that I'd ever want to play.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2009 09:29 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Darth Jello
No good games.

What the heck are you talking about? Gears of War, Mass Effect, Halo, Fable, I should beat some sense into you for speaking so arrogant.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2009 09:33 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sketch_turner
"Well done Turner"!

The dreamcast was awesome wtf?

Sketch thanks Messahi for the sig.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2009 09:36 PM
sketch_turner is currently offline Click here to Send sketch_turner a Private Message Find more posts by sketch_turner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tom_servo

Originally posted by Final Blaxican
I feel that the PS3 sucks because it has a shitty controller and one game that I'd ever want to play.

Quoted for truth. The PS3's controller is horrible. Let me guess what that one game is.

MGS 4?
Drake's Fortune?

Sony has very few killer apps compared to Microsoft.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2009 09:54 PM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah... those are actually two that I like.

I might, might be intrested in Killzone 2. Killzone 1 was moderately entertaining.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2009 10:06 PM
NemeBro

Originally posted by Darth Jello
No good games
Stopped reading.

The PS3 is gay. Like you all said, no games I could really give a shit about but MGS4, and when it comes out, God of War 3, and I will force myself to buy a PS3 for that.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2009 12:15 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote