KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Top 5 Worst Gaming Consoles Ever

Top 5 Worst Gaming Consoles Ever
Started by: tom_servo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

I have nothing against the 360, except for it's extremely poor hardware.

Sure, you get an extensive library of games but do you think the price you paid for cheap hardware is justified??

I own one, and had it replaced about 5x.
If that RRoD happens again, i'll ditch it like I did the Wii.

"PS3 is gay"??
The GoW series is better than anything Microsoft has ever come up with.

PS: The original XBOX should be #2 in my list of worst consoles.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Jan 29th, 2009 03:12 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

quote: (post)
Originally posted by occultdestroyer

Sure, you get an extensive library of games but do you think the price you paid for cheap hardware is justified??

"PS3 is gay"??

Reasonably true.

Except PS3 has no good games, and I play game consoles to play games, games I like.

Other than MGS4 and GoW3, everything else can fvck off.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2009 03:32 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

And how long ago was that ?

quote:
"PS3 is gay"??

Microsoft came out with the Age of games but since we're not talking about the PC here then its nothing roll eyes (sarcastic)

As for the PS3 it has too many ports of games which you can find on the 360 and some of them played better on the 360.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2009 05:50 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

"PS3 is gay"??

I almost completely agree. I now hate Microsoft more than i did when i first purchased a 360. It doesn't matter how good their next console may be. I will never own another Microsoft console or product. Yes, my experience with the 360 has caused me to avoid everything Microsoft. The hardware is a joke, or better yet, an insult. Considering their blunder in faulty design. You would think that they might go out of their way to do something for their audience. Maybe, discounted peripherals or even some free downloadable content but no, they jack their prices up as high as they can and offer nothing but a "better luck with your next 360" BULLSHIT! I used to believe that the Xbox 360 was superior to the PS3 because the 360 was designed for games and nothing else but im convinced now. The PS3 is far and away a better system to own than the 360.

Considering all of this, the 360 should be acknowledged on a list for worst consoles of all time but only acknowledged, not listed.

I do have to disagree though, God of War is good but it doesn't single handedly destroy Xboxs' entire library of exclusives. laughing out loud

Last edited by jinXed by JaNx on Jan 29th, 2009 at 01:49 PM

Old Post Jan 29th, 2009 01:47 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

I haven't played all of the consoles, so I can't really make a list,

but I did play the virtual boy once, and can vouch for its suckiness.

What about the POWER GLOVE???

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Jan 29th, 2009 02:15 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

I find it amusing that I've had a 360 for about 2 years now, and never once has it broke down, yet my friend brought a PS3 recently and after 3 weeks in broke due to overheat.

I've also heard that the PS3 has it's own version of the RROD, not saying that it's acceptable for both consoles to break down, but it seems like the norm to always criticise the Xbox when even the PS3 encounters problems, even if they aren't as frequent on the PS3. Oh and not good selection of games on 360......lol!

But yes the 360 is still a good console, if you can get around the cheap price cuts, which both Microsoft AND Sony are implementing in their systems now.

Although I'm still waiting for the PS3 to pick it's game up and dominate the market like it should have done from the start.

Last edited by Neo Darkhalen on Jan 29th, 2009 at 03:20 PM

Old Post Jan 29th, 2009 03:15 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
I find it amusing that I've had a 360 for about 2 years now, and never once has it broke down, yet my friend brought a PS3 recently and after 3 weeks in broke due to overheat.

I've also heard that the PS3 has it's own version of the RROD, not saying that it's acceptable for both consoles to break down, but it seems like the norm to always criticise the Xbox when even the PS3 encounters problems, even if they aren't as frequent on the PS3. Oh and not good selection of games on 360......lol!

But yes the 360 is still a good console, if you can get around the cheap price cuts, which both Microsoft AND Sony are implementing in their systems now.

Although I'm still waiting for the PS3 to pick it's game up and dominate the market like it should have done from the start.

didn't your 360 RRoD'ed already? I could swear you posted that once confused

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Jan 29th, 2009 04:57 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

The 360's faulty hardware is annoying and riculous. Honestly...one can try and defend microsoft by advocating their warranty but come the **** on. It is ridiculous. To be honest I don't have a single friend whose 360 hasn't broken. That is just wrong. Although the 360 has a great library...the console's hardware itself is stupidly faulty.

Oh and I am a 360 fanboy, go figure.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jan 29th, 2009 06:18 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tom_servo

Yeah. It is a good console if you can find one that'll last. My first system lasted two years. I just love these people that'll say.."OMG. I'll never buy a Microsoft console again!" You'll see those same people two years later excited for the next system. It's laughable.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2009 12:02 AM
tom_servo is currently offline Click here to Send tom_servo a Private Message Find more posts by tom_servo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Zack Fair
The 360's faulty hardware is annoying and riculous. Honestly...one can try and defend microsoft by advocating their warranty but come the **** on. It is ridiculous. To be honest I don't have a single friend whose 360 hasn't broken. That is just wrong. Although the 360 has a great library...the console's hardware itself is stupidly faulty.

Oh and I am a 360 fanboy, go figure.
I'd rather have a console that occasionally fvcks up than a console that I would almost never play.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2009 01:43 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Same with me.

Had my 360 for two, almost three years now and not a single problem. I do know someone who owns a PS3 that crapped out because the BLU-RAY player itself burnt out. I lulz'd.

As for God of War being the best... nigga please. I prefer Prince of Persia infinitely. As for exclusives, I prefer shooters such as Gears to any platforming shit like GOW. haha.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2009 01:53 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
Reasonably true.

Except PS3 has no good games, and I play game consoles to play games, games I like.

Other than MGS4 and GoW3, everything else can fvck off.

Even MGS and GoW aren't worth playing, in my opinion. Not everyone likes those games. And don't forget that Sony lost Final Fantasy XIII - FF is one of the biggest selling franchises ever.

Originally posted by Final Blaxican
Same with me.

Had my 360 for two, almost three years now and not a single problem. I do know someone who owns a PS3 that crapped out because the BLU-RAY player itself burnt out. I lulz'd.

As for God of War being the best... nigga please. I prefer Prince of Persia infinitely. As for exclusives, I prefer shooters such as Gears to any platforming shit like GOW. haha.

Haha, yes, PoP > God of War a million times over. I don't think many people realize just how much influence the PoP series has had over video games made in the past 20 years, really.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jan 30th, 2009 01:57 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

I disagree.

God of War>Prince of Persia, and>>>>>Gears of War.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2009 02:06 AM
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Originally posted by Peach
And don't forget that Sony lost Final Fantasy XIII - FF is one of the biggest selling franchises ever.

thumb up

The FF series is what made the PS1 and PS2 outsell the other consoles.

This is one of the reasons why the original XBOX did not sell well.

quote:
Haha, yes, PoP > God of War a million times over. I don't think many people realize just how much influence the PoP series has had over video games made in the past 20 years, really. [/B]

thumb down

GoW >>> PoP

From graphics to voice-overs to storyline, GoW is obviously better.
And the pro reviewers and gamers will agree.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Jan 30th, 2009 02:45 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

thumb up

The FF series is what made the PS1 and PS2 outsell the other consoles.

This is one of the reasons why the original XBOX did not sell well.

thumb down

GoW >>> PoP

From graphics to voice-overs to storyline, GoW is obviously better.
And the pro reviewers and gamers will agree.

The storyline to GoW has absolutely nothing on the deep genius of PoP's storyline.

I'm talking, of course, about the recent trilogy. The new one hasn't had as much time to simmer in creative juices, yet.

And I'll take the Prince's classy witticisms over Kratos' hoarse, testosterone-laced growling any day.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2009 03:18 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Out of curiosity, what makes the storyline of PoP so "deep" and "genius" in your opinion?

I'm not trying to argue it, it is your opinion, I am genuinly curious.

Although I will say that Kratos' character is underrated by many IMO, referring to Kratos as a testosterone driven brute is a gross oversimplification.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2009 03:30 AM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Sands of Time developed a believable human relationship between the Prince and Farah, and the story had twists and turns that were truly surprising, culminating in a perfectly closed circular story that ties the narrative into the game world, where it turns out that you've been playing the story as the Prince tells it to Farah afterward.

Warrior Within, much as I dislike the darker, more immature tone, did a twisted parallel timeline story right. About halfway through the game, the mysterious Sandwraith allows the Dahaka to kill him, giving the Prince a chance to escape. Later, when it is revealed that the Prince himself becomes the Sandwraith, he comes from the other side of the event and allows the Dahaka to kill his parallel self, changing time as necessary to survival. And the concept of the Dahaka itself is a great one.

The Two Thrones was a bit weaker in its own plot, but it succeeds in tying the three games into a single story. The twin personalities in the Prince brought back the feel of SoT, while validating, at least in my opinion, the darker personality of the Prince in WW. Even more interesting was the twist of actual punishment for messing with time, as through the events of WW he undid the Vizier's death in SoT, leading to the attack on Babylon in T2T. And then at the very end, the Prince begins telling Farah his story again (since through the two sequels he erased telling her the story in the first place), expanding the loop of the first game to include the entire trilogy in a perfect circle, as SoT begins on the final words of T2T.

As for Kratos, I will agree he has a deep and interesting sympathetic character. I was just saying that, as far as the voice work goes, I think the Prince was better portrayed.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2009 04:26 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Peach
Even MGS and GoW aren't worth playing

MGS isn't worth playing?! Way to disrespect Snake like that. Did people tell you not to pick on the elderly? MGS is one of the many reasons people buy a PS3, what's wrong with you?

Gears of War isn't worth playing either?! You just took a new low.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2009 04:55 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by Nemesis X
MGS isn't worth playing?! Way to disrespect Snake like that. Did people tell you not to pick on the elderly? MGS is one of the many reasons people buy a PS3, what's wrong with you?

I don't like MGS. I never have. For some people it might be a reason to buy a PS3. Not for me.

And I meant God of War, though I'm not a huge fan of Gears, either.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jan 30th, 2009 04:57 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Originally posted by Nemesis X

Some people just don't like those kinds of games. I've never liked the MGS series, and Gears of War is just boring in my opinion.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2009 04:57 AM