KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Top 5 Worst Gaming Consoles Ever

Top 5 Worst Gaming Consoles Ever
Started by: tom_servo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

What's wrong with MGS and Gears of War?

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2009 05:00 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nemesis X

MGS: Don't like how the stealth element is done, the controls are shoddy, the plots are pointlessly inane, and the cutscene-to-gameplay ratio is horribly out of balance.

Gears of War: Just another "manly man shoots aliens because they look different, in a universe made of brown" game. I swear, they come out of clone vats.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2009 05:04 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by Nemesis X

Other than the fact that I find them overrated and boring?

I haven't been a fan of MGS since I played the first one for PS1 about a dozen years ago (the only things fun about it to me were playing around with the cardboard box and setting up C4 traps on stairwells, as the AI was incredibly stupid), and shooters in general don't impress me so I didn't hugely care for Gears.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jan 30th, 2009 05:04 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by General Kaliero
MGS: Don't like how the stealth element is done, the controls are shoddy, the plots are pointlessly inane, and the cutscene-to-gameplay ratio is horribly out of balance.

Gears of War: Just another "manly man shoots aliens because they look different, in a universe made of brown" game. I swear, they come out of clone vats.

About MGS's control...have you played MGS4? The controls have been vastly imrpoved.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jan 30th, 2009 05:09 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Originally posted by Zack Fair
About MGS's control...have you played MGS4? The controls have been vastly imrpoved.

No, I've not played 4. If the controls have been improved, that's good. But the controls are hardly my only reason for disliking the series.

I really think Kojima needs to stop lying to himself and just make CGI movies like everyone knows he wants to. I can sit through a movie playing itself. Not so much a game playing itself.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2009 05:14 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

[B].MGS: Don't like how the stealth element is done[B]

Its not that hard to work out

quote:
the controls are shoddy

For which one part ?

quote:
the plots are pointlessly inane

I suppose with the Second game, sure

quote:
and the cutscene-to-gameplay ratio is horribly out of balance

I agree with that especally from what i heard about the 4th game, Kojima needs to cut back on the cutscenes

quote:
Gears of War: Just another "manly man shoots aliens because they look different,

Most likey theres a more better reason then that

Old Post Jan 30th, 2009 05:43 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Originally posted by Kazenji
Its not that hard to work out

For which one part ?

I suppose with the Second game, sure

I agree with that especally from what i heard about the 4th game, Kojima needs to cut back on the cutscenes

Most likey theres a more better reason then that

I didn't think the stealth was hard, not at all. I just didn't like it. *shrugs*

The controls in general, though in particular shooting annoyed me.

No, all the plots are ridiculous. From MGS through MGS4.

For Gears of War, no, not really. I don't like things that are overdone, I'm not all that fond of shooters in general, and there's just not anything to hold my interest in there.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2009 05:56 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

IMO MGS 3 was the easiest plot to follow nothing too complicated.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2009 06:08 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

I agree, Snake Eater's plot was great imo. Easy to understand.

As for the sneaking gameplay, I agree with GK. It's not hard, it's just, imo, sucky. I won't diss it too much because my only real gripe with it is that it's utterly urnealistic, but they never go for extreme realism anyway.

I prefer Splinter Cell's actual spy gameplay.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2009 06:16 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

As for Kratos, I will agree he has a deep and interesting sympathetic character. I was just saying that, as far as the voice work goes, I think the Prince was better portrayed.
Like I said, I won't argue your opinion...But how do you think Kratos should sound? For his character, I think Kratos was excellently portrayed. Although he is not just the testosterone enhanced angry brute he is said to be by people, his rage does play a large part of his character, he is a character ultimately driven by emotion, not thought. And he happens to be angry alot lol.

And Snake Eater was my favorite MGS, not only because of how they introduced Volgin, one of my favorite MGS characters.

But...How is the story hard to follow? For any of the games lol?

Old Post Jan 30th, 2009 10:23 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Okay, seriously, you guys. It's not that I find the stories hard to follow. It's that the plots, their twists and how Snake reacts to them are patently absurd. Kojima picks the worst tropes and sticks to them doggedly, riding them so straight that the whole thing becomes a parody of itself. Is there an MGS game that hasn't included a massive Xanatos-esque plot to manipulate everyone through what appear to be or are completely chance happenings?

Old Post Jan 30th, 2009 04:06 PM
NemeBro

You know, I can answer that if you tell me what Xanatos is.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2009 11:31 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

IMO MGS3 isn't as good as the rest of games. Granted the story was much simpler than Son of Liberty.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jan 30th, 2009 11:37 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru

I'm guessing its either the guy from Gargoyles or Star Wars.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2009 01:41 AM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru

David Xanatos (a.k.a. Riker), the big bad for Gargoyles. He was known for complex schemes and knowing his enemies so well that he incorporated their actions into his plans.

The difference being, Xanatos was badass enough to pull it off without looking ridiculous.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2009 01:57 AM
NemeBro

...The villains of MGS are badass. miffed

Old Post Jan 31st, 2009 02:02 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Obvisouly not enough for General Kaliero......

Old Post Jan 31st, 2009 02:12 AM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Whoo...that's a biased list. The Genesis, Saturn, and Dreamcast were great systems and I could name a dozen and one games for each system to support my claims. I'm amazed that the Jaguar, Atari 5200, and I could go on didn't make it. Sounds more like he just doesn't like Sega for some reason and decided to bash them. I always placed the Genesis high up in my list of best systems and I still find the Dreamcast fun and as one of the best systems for gaming ever.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2009 02:35 AM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Apple Pippen sucked.

Also,
"I love the Power Glove. It is so bad."

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Mar 13th, 2009 03:27 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote