KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Mass Effect 2

Mass Effect 2
Started by: Nactous

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (49): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Just because the game had a very epic story doesn't mean the game play was fun or exciting.

He could have a point, the side missions weren't the greatest and the action wasn't as good as it could be.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2009 03:36 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

quote: (post)
Originally posted by k1Lla441
i did not like the first one at all. WAY to boring for me, not enough action.

Then GTFO hater.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2009 03:36 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Originally posted by Smasandian
Just because the game had a very epic story doesn't mean the game play was fun or exciting.

He could have a point, the side missions weren't the greatest and the action wasn't as good as it could be.

I can see what you mean, but sometimes you just have to stand back to enjoy a work of art.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2009 03:57 AM
Mandrag Ganon is currently offline Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I'd hate to be the gamer who only has a PS3 and not a 360. Bioware hasn't even made a PS3 version for ME1 and I doubt they'll ever. I got my save files all readied up for the sequel.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2009 04:11 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

I'm pretty sure that Bioware and Sony are not friends.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2009 04:20 AM
Mandrag Ganon is currently offline Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Why is a Geth wearing Shepard's armor? This isn't going to lead to a dramatic conclusion that Shepard transforms into a Geth is it?

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2009 04:31 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by THE JLRTENJAC
I can see what you mean, but sometimes you just have to stand back to enjoy a work of art.

Well, its a game and if you don't like the game play, why would you stick around for the story?

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2009 04:32 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Actually nemesisX it isn't wearing shepards armor, the geth is just behind shepards body.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2009 04:43 AM
BoratBorat is currently offline Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

How do you knw that? I saw the trailer and it looked like a Geth is wearing Shepard's armor. If it was behind Shepard's body, then he got his head blown off? I doubt it.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2009 04:47 AM
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Nemesis X
Things I hope they'll have in ME2:

6: Guest appearence. I want one of the Bioware staff to appear in the game

Or better yet, MARCUS FENIX!!

"The wait is over."

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2009 05:40 AM
Nactous is currently offline Click here to Send Nactous a Private Message Find more posts by Nactous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

How do you knw that? I saw the trailer and it looked like a Geth is wearing Shepard's armor. If it was behind Shepard's body, then he got his head blown off? I doubt it.
Well incase you didn't notice how on earth is a geth armature or colossus(which is MASSIVE in size) going to fit into human armor?

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2009 05:57 AM
BoratBorat is currently offline Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Originally posted by Nactous
Or better yet, MARCUS FENIX!!

FOOL OF A TOOK!

Originally posted by DorianYates
Well incase you didn't notice how on earth is a geth armature or colossus(which is MASSIVE in size) going to fit into human armor?

It looks like the armor may be on a tall rock, with the armature standing behind it, or the the armor may be draped over the armature.

But Dorian is right, there is no way that thing could be wearing Shepard's armor.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I haven't had a chance to check this out yet, but here's something that someone had posted on CVG that I found interesting:

quote:
There's an interview in Play magazine with the CEO of Bioware, Ray Muzyka. He wouldn't confirm or deny if Mass Effect 2 would be coming to the PS3 but did say that all other games from Bioware would be released on the PS3 as well. Including the rather impressive looking Dragon Age (which looks absolutely bloody brilliant). In the same section as the interview, in a box called Mass Hysteria the writer says Mass Effect 2 will be released for the PS3 a few months after the 360 version is released. The PS3 version will include the original Mass Effect and all it's DLC in the box. The special addition will also come out for the 360. I think it's safe to assume Muzyka unofficially confirmed this during the interview.

Last edited by Mandrag Ganon on Feb 23rd, 2009 at 01:55 PM

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2009 01:41 PM
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Then I also found this on N4G

quote:
One of the biggest questions that came out of EA’s acquisition of Bioware in late 2007 was the exclusivity of the Mass Effect trilogy. Would the games remain on the 360 and PC or would Sony get a piece of the pie as well?

A fairly reliable source close to Electronic Arts tells us that the sequel (and subsequent iterations) will be available the PlayStation 3 as well as the Xbox 360 and PC. According to our source, EA decided to make the series multiplatform mostly due to the “the economic outlook”.

Our source claims that because of the current state of the economy, Electronic Arts is looking to squeeze as much money from its portfolio of games as it possibly can. Obviously, making Mass Effect 2 and 3 multiplatform would increase their sales, as the game would be available to more people.

But what about the PS3 owners who missed the first game? Our source says it is “likely” EA will release a PlayStation 3 port of the original Mass Effect, debuting sometime in mid-2009. Similar to Take-Two’s decision to make a Bioshock port on the PS3, this port would introduce PS3 owners to the series and give EA almost risk-free profit from its sales.

The official announcement will “take place at GDC” (which starts March 23), according to our source. Of course, take this with a grain of salt till then.

and also on CVG

quote:
BioWare's released the first teaser trailer for its hotly-anticipated sci-fi sequel, Mass Effect 2.

As you'd expect from a teaser there isn't any gameplay footage in the video - or hardly any details at all in fact. As fans of the first it is enough to get us pumped like a balloon.

What's also failed to emerge are which platforms the second game will be headed for. The original, if you remember, was an Xbox 360 exclusive in the pre-EA days and later made its way to PC with even fancier visuals. Mass Effect 2 is said to be multiplatform, unsurprisingly, but we're still waiting for EA's iron-cast official word.

Proper details on Mass Effect 2 are set to be unveiled at GDC in San Francisco next month. We can't wait.

So, it looks like sony fanboys who never purchased a 360 may get to enjoy the Mass Effect games...

Well, if you look, you will see that the camera begins below the neck and pans down to where the blood is splattered on the bottom of the chest-piece.

Last edited by Mandrag Ganon on Feb 23rd, 2009 at 02:08 PM

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2009 01:58 PM
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Didn't really like the first one. Let's hope this one is gonna be better.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2009 03:17 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Didn't really like the first one. Let's hope this one is gonna be better.

Gah, what's with all the people posting in here to say they didn't like the first one?

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2009 04:37 PM
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

Opinions man. We need to stop people from having those!!

"The wait is over."

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2009 04:39 PM
Nactous is currently offline Click here to Send Nactous a Private Message Find more posts by Nactous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Originally posted by Nactous
Opinions man. We need to stop people from having those!!

I see what you mean, but most people that I have spoken with that said they didn't like it got it expecting a shooter similar to Gears or a third-person Halo. When they got an RPG (which the game was marketed as) they suddenly didn't like the game.

Lets not even mention the guy who wrote (was it EGM or Game Informer... I can't remember which as I was getting both at the time) saying that Mass Effect was aweful because "there wasn't enough action".

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2009 04:46 PM
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well, they are morons.

"The wait is over."

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2009 04:48 PM
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

laughing out loud

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2009 04:49 PM
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

Good news.

Things I'd like to see in Mass Effect 2 are, more control over your party in combat (ala Republic Commando) and more open ended environments to free up strategy, like flanking etc.

Also more engaging side-quests; outside of the ship-to-ship side-quests, the Ceberus conspiracy and Bringing Down the House and a few others, the side quests in ME were forgettable.

Iboga chose not to fight, to allow himself to evolve. He had the wisdom to abandon the actions of war when he knew they would no longer serve him.

Last edited by Allankles on Feb 24th, 2009 at 04:04 AM

Old Post Feb 24th, 2009 04:02 AM
Allankles is currently offline Click here to Send Allankles a Private Message Find more posts by Allankles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote