KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Lost Planet 2

Lost Planet 2
Started by: Zack Fair

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
stick out tongue

Mother Wesker! Oh well. At least everybody already knows I guess sad

Old Post Nov 29th, 2009 07:44 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Marcus Fenix and Dominic Santiago somehow made it to Lost Planet 2.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jan 26th, 2010 08:26 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

This is why

quote:
Also announced was the addition of two characters, Marcus Fenix and Dominic Santiago from Gears of War exclusively for the xbox 360

Old Post Jan 27th, 2010 01:24 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Kazenji
This is why

lol

That's awesome

I played the first game all the way through. I didn't like the big ol' slug boss battle as that took like 20 tries before I beat it...but it was an okay game.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2010 02:29 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Found out theres also a third character.........Albert Wesker will be in it.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2010 09:22 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Still need to decide on whether I should pre-order it for him or not. Probably shouldn't let these exclusive characters cloud my judgment on the game, especially when the first Lost Planet wasn't even that good.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2010 09:28 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

From what i've played of the first game it seemed to be good.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2010 09:33 AM
jinXed by JaNx

The demo is just incredibly fun and awe inspiring. If the entire game is like the demo i think it could be one of the best games of 2010 or at least the best co-op multiplayer.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2010 11:36 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

That big creature in the demo i can't seem to finish it off, I know what to do shoot the glowing bits like the first game but yeah i can't seem to finish the bastard off.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2010 12:00 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Lost Planet 2 is having Albert Wesker, Marcus Fenix, Dominic Santiago, Frank West, and some character from Monster Hunter. How many more characters is Capcom gonna throw at us in this game?

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2010 10:23 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

Old Post Apr 19th, 2010 02:18 AM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
http://kotaku.com/5519710/lost-plan...a-street-corner

lol

Videogames sure are being promoted in strange ways these days.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2010 02:42 AM
No End N Site
Saikyo Pharaoh Sol Radguy

They're doin' this shit kinda close to where I live and 1 block from where I work...Hehhehhehhehheh...I'm gonna phuck up anyone who gets in my way.

"Step back loser! Make way for the winner!"
-Anakaris-

Old Post Apr 19th, 2010 02:44 AM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

this comment was funny

quote:
Up here in Canada our games usually come like that. Then we head back to our igloos and begin the sacred heat dance which releases the case from its frozen tomb. After we celebrate with beer mixed with maple syrup and have mountie jousts.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2010 02:45 AM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by Nemesis X
Lost Planet 2 is having Albert Wesker, Marcus Fenix, Dominic Santiago, Frank West, and some character from Monster Hunter. How many more characters is Capcom gonna throw at us in this game?

I'm sorry, WHAT?! I DIDN'T HEAR YOU CUZ OF THE AWESOMENESS, F'KIN, RATTATA!!!

Old Post Apr 19th, 2010 06:06 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Soo.. the "multiplayer demo" thats out now sucks pretty bad..

as soon as you get tapped with a single bullet.. your character goes into some epileptic seizure and cant do ANYTHING til its over.. including, but probably not limited to : shooting, throwing a damn grenade, or even something stupid and simple like climbing a scaffold....
*climbing, gets shot, waits there* "ow getting shot omg cuz I wouldnt expect this to happen in such a violent place" *finishes getting shot, resumes climing* *rinse repeat til dead.. and you're going to die, dont kid yourself*

the grenades are terrible too.. to start with.. the character sucks at throwing them.. and if somehow you attempt to spike them off the floor at someone.. BOOM omg "you suicided".. and the other person walks away without a scratch even after standing in the same explosion that just insta-gibbed you and blew your corpse across the map

another annoyance is the *drops down* *flinch* *takes 3 seconds to recover from just dropping 10 feet*, or having to stare at your characters corpse for 5 seconds after you die.. being able to select a spawnpoint leads to "lol-spawnkills" as you can wait while 2 people duke it out, n then you spawn and kill them both

all of this.. all of this.. I could probably tolerate.. if the grappling hook wasnt so stupid and limited... you cant grapple that far up.. I'm pretty sure you cant strategically shoot if you're clinging to a wall, as you can if you had just grappled to a ceiling or rappelled.. you cant grapple > zip up > cling > jump up and repeat to get to high places.. you get one shot at that whole cycle and thats as far up as you go

melee attacks are terrible, and aren't worth using.. sure they induce a seizure on your opponent breifly.. but it will take about 7 to 10 of these to actually kill someone, and your strafe stick (left stick) (which would make sense) doesnt aim this melee attack (which would probably turn it from absolute shit into semi-considerable).. but it aims your dash.. redundancy?.. idiocy in controller mapping?.. you be the judge.. on top of this.. add in some good old slow movement speed, and it wraps up this pvp 'experience' (I cant even really call it that.. it was more like cruel and unusual punishment)

on the bright side.. the animations and character models are lovely, and the environments are very immersive

have you guys tried it yet?

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2010 12:13 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I downloaded a demo of LP2 a couple weeks ago and I must say, it's awesome, especially that boss fight with the giant lizard-like Akrid.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2010 12:25 AM
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

omg ._. this game is garbage, d/l'd the multiplayer demo as well and im so0o0o0o0o disappointed.

the co-op demo was good. but the multiplayer gameplay is terrible. ugh. havent played a game this bad in a long time TBH erm

it does look great though. really pretty

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2010 12:58 AM
Juk3n
Devils Advocate

multiplayer is meh, it's all about the co-op for me, especially if you can customize your camapign character, hell yes.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2010 07:41 PM
Juk3n is currently offline Click here to Send Juk3n a Private Message Find more posts by Juk3n Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

It 'should' be.. but the multiplayer cant be unSEEEN *seizure*

so bad that I think I might revoke my preorder sick

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post May 4th, 2010 07:03 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote