KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » A Serious Question: Galen Marek stronger than Vader?

A Serious Question: Galen Marek stronger than Vader?
Started by: Darth Truculent

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Truculent
Truth is written in Blood

I'll play a little devil's advocate - since Marek is stronger than Vader, does that mean he would have been stronger than Luke? He at least would have been on par with Mace, Yoda and Kyp.

War Doctor

Old Post Mar 5th, 2009 12:23 AM
Click here to Send Darth Truculent a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Truculent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Happy_Sith

It matters not. Vader has had his china body (and china mind) exposed enough times.

They fought on a Space Station and Vader suffered a knock down and was further exposed as a hype job when he got the ceiling collapsed on his head. He was then knocked down again.

Vader had a china body (it was armored, and he still got put on his ass by mere kicks) and was KOED in this fight.

Starkiller did not train for that fight, and yet he easily won.

I look nothing like a man, but I suppose my previous maleness got me started in Star Wars.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2009 12:30 AM
Click here to Send Happy_Sith a Private Message Find more posts by Happy_Sith Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

He didn't "easily won", they were on equal footing and marek was nearly throttled to death earlier in the fight until he reached his clarity and kicked his ass.

Honestly, you seriously are anti-vader.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2009 01:17 AM
Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Happy_Sith

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DorianYates
He didn't "easily won", they were on equal footing and marek was nearly throttled to death earlier in the fight until he reached his clarity and kicked his ass.

Honestly, you seriously are anti-vader.

Vader is all about "woulda, coulda and shoulda!".

He is exposed as a china bodied, poor fighter at all major points in the saga.

For example, against Obi-wan, he had all the advantages, and Kenobi had his mind else where.

Vader is the Peter Mcneely of Star Wars, and I am being very kind at that.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2009 01:32 AM
Click here to Send Happy_Sith a Private Message Find more posts by Happy_Sith Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Happy_Sith

For example, against Obi-wan, he had all the advantages, and Kenobi had his mind else where.

You don't actually know much about the saga then, do you?

Old Post Mar 5th, 2009 01:40 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

Calling Vader the Mcneely of SW shows the level of your bias. The guy handled himself against many dangerous foes including the Dark Lady, 6 Jedi in purge, Maul and he killed Palpy while enduring fatal lightning, he had a tremendously high threshold of pain to complement resourcefullness and skill. How does that even correlate to Mcneely? And unlike Sith like Bane, Nadd et al he actually functioned at a galactic scale.

Iboga chose not to fight, to allow himself to evolve. He had the wisdom to abandon the actions of war when he knew they would no longer serve him.

Last edited by Allankles on Mar 5th, 2009 at 01:45 AM

Old Post Mar 5th, 2009 01:42 AM
Click here to Send Allankles a Private Message Find more posts by Allankles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Happy_Sith

Oh, what a bunch of cry-babies I face!

Yes, I admit I am biased!

I am biased toward fighters with non-glass bodies, and non-rubbish records.

If Vader ever gets a record in which he beats a padawan without major drama, do tell.

I look nothing like a man, but I suppose my previous maleness got me started in Star Wars.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2009 01:53 AM
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

Oh, what a bunch of cry-babies I face!

Yes, I admit I am biased!

I am biased toward fighters with non-glass bodies, and non-rubbish records.

If Vader ever gets a record in which he beats a padawan without major drama, do tell.

Good thing you're not in charge of quality control at LA, we'd be bombarded by an even greater number of ho-hum Sith Lords with even more derivative and unimaginative stories.

Iboga chose not to fight, to allow himself to evolve. He had the wisdom to abandon the actions of war when he knew they would no longer serve him.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2009 02:19 AM
Click here to Send Allankles a Private Message Find more posts by Allankles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Happy_Sith

Originally posted by Allankles
Good thing you're not in charge of quality control at LA, we'd be bombarded by an even greater number of ho-hum Sith Lords with even more derivative and unimaginative stories.

smile

With a superior imagination, Lewis would have lost to Grant in 2. In fact, Botha would have had him in one.

Tyson would have, oh... been gone in 3 against Douglas (instead of 10), and Berkick? Well, let's just say that Ali's genes would have picked up super powers instead of Parkinson's!

In the end though, china/emo Vader, is a main character of Star Wars, and you should take a hint from Lucas and embrace him.

Meanwhile, non china chinned Sith Lords Live: It is why Bane is around (and don't forget the retard Sion)

Last edited by Happy_Sith on Mar 5th, 2009 at 03:46 AM

Old Post Mar 5th, 2009 03:44 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

No really, what the f*ck is wrong with you?

Old Post Mar 5th, 2009 03:47 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Happy_Sith

I have just seen through hype-jobs like Vader.

In a better era, Vader would have been exposed a lot quicker.

I am going to have a nap, but I will be back later.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2009 03:52 AM
Happy_Sith

So to give you an idea of just how exposed Vader would be, let me put him in the position of a Sith who had his record tested: Darth Bane.

In the Brotherhood of Darkness. Anakin has been staring at Githany for the past month. Now he gets to meet her.

Githany: Hi Anakin

Anakin: I will do whatever you ask!

Githany: Get on your knees and I will give you a footjob

Anakin: OK

Githany: OK. Now I will Kill you

Anakin: I love you so much that my death will mean little. My rock band will live on

So, Anakin is dead.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2009 04:36 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

So to give you an idea of just how exposed Vader would be, let me put him in the position of a Sith who had his record tested: Darth Bane.

In the Brotherhood of Darkness. Anakin has been staring at Githany for the past month. Now he gets to meet her.

Githany: Hi Anakin

Anakin: I will do whatever you ask!

Githany: Get on your knees and I will give you a footjob

Anakin: OK

Githany: OK. Now I will Kill you

Anakin: I love you so much that my death will mean little. My rock band will live on

So, Anakin is dead.
You're about eleven years old aren't you?

Old Post Mar 5th, 2009 05:38 AM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

I'll give him 11 1/2 at most.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2009 05:47 AM
Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

... Footjob?

At the risk of being presumptuous, I call fetish.

I do recall him (her?) once saying something that made me like him (her?), so all is good.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2009 05:49 AM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

smile

With a superior imagination, Lewis would have lost to Grant in 2. In fact, Botha would have had him in one.

Tyson would have, oh... been gone in 3 against Douglas (instead of 10), and Berkick? Well, let's just say that Ali's genes would have picked up super powers instead of Parkinson's!

Yeah! Reality can be a motherf*@**%, that's why the decent stories reflect that. Vader reflects that, imo.

You love Bane off of a couple of forgettable novels, that tells me SW is better without people like you managing quality control with the stories.

We don't need an even higher influx of ho-hum Sith, in stories as flavourless as starch.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2009 05:59 AM
Happy_Sith

Originally posted by Allankles
Yeah! Reality can be a motherf*@**%, that's why the decent stories reflect that. Vader reflects that, imo.

You love Bane off of a couple of forgettable novels, that tells me SW is better without people like you managing quality control with the stories.

We don't need an even higher influx of ho-hum Sith, in stories as flavourless as starch.

Well, I think that Zannah will be extremely powerful in the next Bane book (way more powerful than Padme: the woman who pwned Vader), so I look forward to it.

Also, there are characters so powerful in Star Wars that they are close to being perfect. For example, Darth Revan is a "Gary Stu". This means that the author makes him ridiculously powerful/perfect.

So, it is not as if Bane is the only Great character.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2009 06:13 AM
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

Well, I think that Zannah will be extremely powerful in the next Bane book (way more powerful than Padme: the woman who pwned Vader), so I look forward to it.

Also, there are characters so powerful in Star Wars that they are close to being perfect. For example, Darth Revan is a "Gary Stu". This means that the author makes him ridiculously powerful/perfect.

So, it is not as if Bane is the only Great character.

Revan was a gary stu in terms of background story with the Mando wars and his life before the Mando wars, he was brought down to Earth to some degree with the beginning of Kotor 1 when he is captured by Bastila.

I recognize that some people like the direction Drew K. went with Bane after Jedi vs Sith, but I don't particularly think it was the best direction.

Plus the Bane books don't have the scope I was expecting, I don't mean galactic level wars, I mean we're not given a good picture of the internal workings of the galaxy i.e. the era isn't fleshed out enough which reduces the impact of the story IMO.

Also, in ROT Zannah didn't come off as a convincing Sith let alone the heir apparent to the DLOTS.

I do realize it's hard to write stories where the outcome is set in stone, however Drew. K could have done more with the personalities and motivations of these two lead characters.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2009 06:41 AM
Happy_Sith

I agree. The author could have done way more with these characters, but even as flawed as the story is, Bane is still awesome.

And I am betting Zannah will be even more powerful

Old Post Mar 5th, 2009 06:46 AM
Happy_Sith

Originally posted by KingD19
I'll give him 11 1/2 at most.

Way off.

200. Yup, 200.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2009 07:00 AM