KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » MK vs DC compared to Street Fighter 4

Better Fighting Game?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
MK vs DC 5 26.32%
Street Fighter 4 13 68.42%
Even 1 5.26%
Total: 19 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MK vs DC compared to Street Fighter 4
Started by: Ultimate Wil

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
I-Drop
Privateer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Yoshi Paradise
I enjoyed "Street Fighter IV" much more, and I believe it's the better game.

"MK vs DC" would've had a better chance if it didn't have the pathetic excuse of certain characters being erased from existence because of Dark Kahn.
Ditto. The only characters who got what they deserved were Aquaman & Robin.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2009 03:57 PM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by Kazenji
Street Fighter asked you to do that learn all moves for the characters??

did'nt do that for me when i played it i just press buttons if i get a character i don't know much about when i do the random selection and sometimes i do win.

I mean in the sense that it calls me to be great with every character, not literally. I suck with Blanka, but everytime I play SF 4 I wanna kick ass with him, so I find myself practicing more and more with him, ya know?

Old Post Mar 5th, 2009 09:08 PM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Some people call that the mark of a good game.

No MK game in existence has the mechanics, balance or sheer gameplay of Street Fighter. SNK's KOF series was the only thing that came close.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2009 10:16 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

and that only being the case because any given KoF will have double the character amount of a street fighter game

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Mar 5th, 2009 10:17 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by Scythe
I mean in the sense that it calls me to be great with every character, not literally. I suck with Blanka, but everytime I play SF 4 I wanna kick ass with him, so I find myself practicing more and more with him, ya know?

Same here. I want to at least learn basic/intermediate strats for most of the characters(except a select few I don't like)

That is why I always play player matches. For starters we can get rematches, and we can select any char we want.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Mar 5th, 2009 11:07 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Nemesis X
MK vs DC compared to Street Fighter 4? That's the biggest load of bull**** I've ever heard. SF4 is more entertaining. How you can compare that piece of Midway trash with Capcom's awesome fighting game is beyond me. You have caused a disturbance Wil.

Has MKvsDC's super duper unique/original plotline taught you nothing? Don't give into the rage Nemesis!! It can be overcome!

Old Post Mar 5th, 2009 11:59 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by Zack Fair
Same here. I want to at least learn basic/intermediate strats for most of the characters(except a select few I don't like)

That is why I always play player matches. For starters we can get rematches, and we can select any char we want.

Yeah man, the way a good game should be.

I trained hardcore to be kick ass at Super Smash Brothers Brawl, only to receive a big F.U. from players who only want to play one on one, at Final Destination, no items and no smash ball specials. Basically, everything that makes SSBB great is not present for these supposed hardcore fighting matches. N-no... It doesn't work like that for me. . .

Old Post Mar 6th, 2009 01:57 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Yeah man, the way a good game should be.

I trained hardcore to be kick ass at Super Smash Brothers Brawl, only to receive a big F.U. from players who only want to play one on one, at Final Destination, no items and no smash ball specials. Basically, everything that makes SSBB great is not present for these supposed hardcore fighting matches. N-no... It doesn't work like that for me. . .

lol Tourneyfags.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2009 05:16 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bro SMASH

Honestly, I think MKvsDC is the overall better game. Sure SF4 is more balanced and have some depth but MKvsDC seems to deliver more with the Klose Kombat, FreeFall, Test Your Might, and Rage, which makes it more fun and entertaining. Plus, I always like MK's variety of the moves way better when compared to SF. I also like how they handled the graphics too. Not saying SF4 didn't have good graphics but man, did they have to make some of the characters look so weird?

Oh and Ridley, I find it funny you're still complaining about Dark Kahn when SF4 got Seth.

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/358/5/d/ultimate_crossover_by_vanishingwalker-d5kg5ey.jpg

Last edited by Bro SMASH on Mar 6th, 2009 at 05:23 AM

Old Post Mar 6th, 2009 05:21 AM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by SmashBro
Oh and Ridley, I find it funny you're still complaining about Dark Kahn when SF4 got Seth.

I was merely pointing him out for the lolz. Just a catch phrase of mine/inside thing. Don't worry about it.

But you got a point about Seth I'll admit. That said... what is it with today's bosses?

Old Post Mar 6th, 2009 05:38 AM
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
lol Tourneyfags.

I know! It gets annoying. Granted the fan is like the cheapest item on SSBB, but that's what makes it, you know. . . SSBB. . .

Old Post Mar 6th, 2009 05:41 AM
Bro SMASH

I was merely pointing him out for the lolz. Just a catch phrase of mine/inside thing. Don't worry about it.

I figured you were. That's why I found it funny.

But you got a point about Seth I'll admit. That said... what is it with today's bosses?

I don't know. But I like the concept of fused characters though. Sometimes, to me, that's the only solution.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2009 05:49 AM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Seth sucks donkey dick.

Gill looked gay, but at least he was original.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Mar 6th, 2009 05:49 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I know! It gets annoying. Granted the fan is like the cheapest item on SSBB, but that's what makes it, you know. . . SSBB. . .

lol Yeah. I remember facing some user here (forgot which one) and I like backed him into a corner on the Isle Delfino level, kept smacking him with a Paper Fan, and he quit the match eventually.

Originally posted by SmashBro
I figured you were. That's why I found it funny.

I don't know. But I like the concept of fused characters though. Sometimes, to me, that's the only solution.

Fair enough, I guess. stick out tongue Dunno about the "only solution" part though, but to each his own.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2009 05:54 AM
Bro SMASH

Well, with "the only solution part", sometimes it's more exciting to see the good guys fight one villain that's behind it all instead of two and I think fusing Darkseid and Shao Kahn was the only way. That's why I really don't have a problem with it.

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/358/5/d/ultimate_crossover_by_vanishingwalker-d5kg5ey.jpg

Old Post Mar 6th, 2009 06:02 AM
I-Drop
Privateer

Originally posted by TricksterPriest

No MK game in existence has the mechanics, balance or sheer gameplay of Street Fighter. SNK's KOF series was the only thing that came close.
Pretty much
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
and that only being the case because any given KoF will have double the character amount of a street fighter game
Ditto. SNK's always been good w/rosters, that's why SVC was such a letdown. They had like 3 characters. Who fuked that one up?!

Old Post Mar 6th, 2009 07:10 AM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

lol Tourneyfags.

Not everyone wants random events, in a situation where skill is warranted

when people play serious.. they want something more like

combo's.. trap setting.. edge guarding.. sweet spotting.. all the stuff thats 100% under control of both players

not

oops.. I threw a pokeball down and got a legendary pokemon

oh well.. I'll just use this final smash ball and get a free KO

rofflecakes, I tripped and got ran over by F-zero cars

theres a clear difference between a fun and a serious match.. and fighting game fans know this already

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Mar 6th, 2009 04:57 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Originally posted by TricksterPriest

Balanced? Have played 3rd Strike my friend?

Gill is banned from competitive play.

Chun Li, Ken, or Yun could like...solo the rest of the cast in gameplay.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2009 06:37 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

combo's.. trap setting.. edge guarding.. sweet spotting.. all the stuff thats 100% under control of both players

not

theres a clear difference between a fun and a serious match.. and fighting game fans know this already

You can trap people with items. Just look at the mine or the pitfall. Why can't I use my palutena bow to knock a barrel towards my opponent? Because it takes no skill?

You know if you were a skilled player, you could just catch a pokeball. Or beat someone to the smash ball if only you were able to maneuver better.

Tripping into f-zero cars means you have no skill. Not that it's cheap because such hazards exist.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Mar 6th, 2009 07:53 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

not

a fighting game fan should like the games for what they are or just stick don't play games that have more to it. without all the extra crap smash bros isn't anywhere near as entertaining.

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Mar 6th, 2009 08:03 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote