KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » W40K Games that aren't Dawn of War...

W40K Games that aren't Dawn of War...
Started by: Raoul

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bladewind

People play that "shit" so why would the developers care? But if you compare gameplay to what you know about the 40k universe you'll see what I mean.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2010 01:20 PM
Bladewind is currently offline Click here to Send Bladewind a Private Message Find more posts by Bladewind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

Them chaos Marines are up to no good again.

Last edited by Phanteros on Jun 8th, 2011 at 04:59 AM

Old Post Jun 8th, 2011 04:56 AM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Looks good. It's a game i'll definitely be looking up...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 8th, 2011 07:56 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Want want want want want.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 13th, 2011 11:08 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2011 11:57 PM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Yeah, I can't wait for this. Definitely getting space marine.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 4th, 2011 10:30 PM
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Played the demo earlier. It's really fun definite buy for me. Also it's more challenging then i thought, I was worried it would be too easy.

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2011 09:42 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Finally got to play the demo last night. I have to say it's shaping up better than i'd expected, and the game was a lot of fun to play. I'm not sure how the "kill enemies to get health" mechanic will work against bosses and the like, but very encouraging so far. Smooth combat, nice variety of weapons, and above all, i really think they've gotten the "feel" of the game down damn near perfect.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2011 12:30 PM
NemeBro

This is pretty good news, was worried it would be too easy.

My wireless router has been shot to shit so I just wanna ask, is your Marine as sluggish as he appeared to be in the trailers?

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2011 09:34 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

In combat he isn't sluggish at all, he does run funny/awkward though when you sprint.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2011 01:28 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NemeBro
This is pretty good news, was worried it would be too easy.

My wireless router has been shot to shit so I just wanna ask, is your Marine as sluggish as he appeared to be in the trailers?
He's sluggish for a space marine, imo. At least going by the codex and novels depictions of them being able to land five blows with their sword in a second and bullet dodging and stuff. They move with the same speed as the characters in Gears of War, for example.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Aug 24th, 2011 02:54 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

quote: (post)
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
He's sluggish for a space marine, imo. At least going by the codex and novels depictions of them being able to land five blows with their sword in a second and bullet dodging and stuff. They move with the same speed as the characters in Gears of War, for example.
Meh, figured that would be the case.

Admittedly, the idea of a Marine being fast is hard to imagine due to their sheer bulk, but the fluff makes it clear their reflexes and footspeed are easily superior to a human's.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2011 03:02 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Imo it has the proper feel down for the game, taking on so many large groups makes him feel like hes faster than them all.

But I have a feeling the game is going to have the space marines as just your standard human hero soldiers.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2011 03:08 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I didn't find it necessarily sluggish; but yeah, they aren't as fast as they'd be in the fluff. It's still a decent pace imo.

One thing I did like though; it is a 3rd person shooter/action game, but unlike a lot of others, just button mashing won't actually get the job done. you have to use combos against mobs that actually have strong finishes, and firing a full bolter clip at some enemies simply won't kill them. you actually have to adjust your tactics to suit each situation.

How did people find the jump-pack level? At first i found it a little awkward, but once i got the hang of it i was raining death from the sky, like a proper space marine should.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 24th, 2011 04:23 PM
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Pretty much same as you, awkward at first but warmed up on me.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2011 05:15 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I have to say after playing a bit more that the game really does make you feel lika a badass on a regular basis. sync kills, even the power of the guns; all badass.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 24th, 2011 06:07 PM
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Indeed, hope the co-op is just as good.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2011 07:06 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

For those oif you planning to get this game on PC, i have to admit i'm absolutely amazed at how there are already mods being made (some even released for the demo):

http://forums.relicnews.com/showthr...ns-No-Hud-Addon

people have even released mod-tools.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 26th, 2011 08:18 AM
NemeBro

Do want Black Templar pack.

Only thing that would be better would be some Traitor Marine skins, particularly a Thousand Sons pack.

Mah favorite Legion.

Though as far as I know there are no Librarians in this game.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2011 07:38 PM
Bladewind

Even though Space Marine looks awesome, I'm not sure about it. I mean, the CSM are supposed to be your equal but in the very same vid that one of the devs says so, he easily dispatches said enemy...

Old Post Aug 28th, 2011 04:51 AM
Bladewind is currently offline Click here to Send Bladewind a Private Message Find more posts by Bladewind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote