KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » W40K Games that aren't Dawn of War...

W40K Games that aren't Dawn of War...
Started by: Raoul

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

I felt the Warboss end of the fight should have been something like what they did with Nemeroth actually would have fit.

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Sep 14th, 2011 10:13 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jalek moye
I felt the Warboss end of the fight should have been something like what they did with Nemeroth actually would have fit.

Agreed. Fighting the warboss, when i knocked him down i was kinda like "so what do i do now?"

also, getting perks with the bolter is ****ing hard. i wish private games had bots, then i might be able to do somewhat better.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 17th, 2011 08:49 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

FOR THE EMPEROR!

Seriously though, there've been some sweet mods brought out for this over the last few days. I've been using a heavy bolter and a power sword in campaign, and they ROCK.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 18th, 2011 06:42 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Gonna look into the mods now, just beat the game. Still sustaining my erection.

Waitwhat?

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2011 11:20 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Forum for best mods that i've found:

http://forums.relicnews.com/forumdi...-Marine-Modding

--

multiplayer has at this point just become unplayable for me. I'm just not the kind of player who can get several thousand points every round (though i do have my good days), so i'm left to wait and hope that exterminatus will help me progress a little easier.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 20th, 2011 10:56 PM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

The one thing about multiplayer I hate... Is storm bolters. That's really it. Other than that it's great, lol. Even melta guns aren't so bad to be against. But **** storm bolters. no expression

Otherwise, love it.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2011 06:07 AM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

So I guess this takes place in the Dawn of War universe due to the appearence of Blood Ravens. Sadden that Gabriel nor Appolo made an appearence. But atleast the world got to see the glory of the Black Templars.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2011 04:02 AM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Phanteros
So I guess this takes place in the Dawn of War universe due to the appearence of Blood Ravens. Sadden that Gabriel nor Appolo made an appearence. But atleast the world got to see the glory of the Black Templars.

The Dawn Of War universe is the same as the fluff one, iirc.

they were pretty sweet.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 26th, 2011 04:04 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

Relic's stated that Space Marine isn't canon. It's some kind of "parallel universe" thing.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Sep 26th, 2011 04:34 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Relic's stated that Space Marine isn't canon. It's some kind of "parallel universe" thing.

Oh ok.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 26th, 2011 04:43 AM
NemeBro

Which is lame as hell, by the way.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2011 04:50 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

I have nothing but apathy for the Ultrasmurphs. So it doesn't mean much, imo.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Sep 26th, 2011 04:54 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I don't mind the ultramarines, but they aren't my favourite chapter. I just keep hoping we get this exterminatus mode soon.

i wonder if it'll have the aim assist from single player...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 27th, 2011 12:38 AM
NemeBro

I have nothing but apathy for the Ultrasmurphs. So it doesn't mean much, imo.
Titus makes them awesome.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2011 02:54 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Meh... That's lame.

Anyway, I'm hoping in the next game we get to play as Chaos Space Marines or Eldar.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2011 03:09 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Scenario
Greater Sci-Fi combatant

Originally posted by ScreamPaste
The one thing about multiplayer I hate... Is storm bolters. That's really it. Other than that it's great, lol. Even melta guns aren't so bad to be against. But **** storm bolters. no expression

Otherwise, love it.

Really? I haven't had much chance to play multiplayer (since I played primarily at a friend's house) but in the campaign I've found that the storm bolter is terrible against an opponent with any kind of armor. The kraken bolter takes out Chaos Marines faster for me.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2011 03:37 AM
The Scenario is currently offline Click here to Send The Scenario a Private Message Find more posts by The Scenario Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

If used right, the stormbolter is an absolute monster at close to mid-range.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 27th, 2011 05:03 AM
ares834

Warhammer 40K: WAAAGH!!!

This needs to be made.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2011 05:09 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

If there's a sequel, i'd be very surprised if they didn't make Orks playable somehow.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 28th, 2011 05:11 AM
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

it should have some limited control of numerous forces so that you get the feel of a "horde" unless you actually play as the warboss yourself which would be cool.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2011 10:31 AM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote