KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » OnLive... The Future of Gaming?

OnLive... The Future of Gaming?
Started by: S_D_J

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jinXed by JaNx

I prefer hardware but thats just me

Old Post Mar 26th, 2009 03:42 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

I too prefer the real/solid deal... I much rather own a physical copy than a virtual one... but maybe that's because I'm a collector

what's great about this is that it'll pretty much be the same for everyone, minus the expensive hardware...

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Mar 26th, 2009 04:58 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I think the legal issue of ownership will be one that eventually comes up f the whole system works like this. Also the possibility of a fire or the like wiping out hundreds of thousands of people's data at once- but then anyone playing an MMO already has that risk, and back-ups are pretty easy these days.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 26th, 2009 05:02 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

All I can say is.... AWESOME!

This thing has only arrived in the UK recently and I just signed up. My computer is garbage (like 8 years old). And I just finished playing a session of the new Deus Ex... Which I bought for £1... (First time purchase deal... obviously bought the Augmented Edition.)

Old Post Sep 24th, 2011 11:42 PM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Can someone sum up what this is about?

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post Sep 25th, 2011 01:02 AM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

Basically... You play games... without your hardware doing any of the work. All of the software is stored and processed elsewhere and you get a video stream... One that you can control.

You can play any game in their library so long as you have a monitor and at least 2mb/s internet.

I was personally shocked at how well it worked. I live in a rural area with poor broadband coverage and I found that I could use it's service without any faults (I pretty much just get a lower quality of video.)

Old Post Sep 25th, 2011 01:16 AM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote