KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Max Payne 3

Max Payne 3
Started by: Icy Ninja

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
I'm liking the cover system for the third game so far, it failed in the other two games

even if you do finish quickly there's always the other difficulties to keep playing it on

The cover system has to be good since the AI are pretty good shots. It seems like every time I pop to shoot somebody out side of bullet dodge, I'm getting hit. Plus they flank you after a while which adds to the challenge.

Old Post May 19th, 2012 05:18 PM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I don't remember the first two games even having a cover system?

Old Post May 21st, 2012 11:56 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

That's because it failed, whatever it did have for it.

Old Post May 22nd, 2012 06:24 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
red sabre
Restricted

Account Restricted

Prince of persia games are the best

thanks Scythe for the cool signature!!!!

Old Post May 22nd, 2012 01:39 PM
red sabre is currently offline Click here to Send red sabre a Private Message Find more posts by red sabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

What does Prince of Persia have to do with Max Payne?

Old Post May 22nd, 2012 01:45 PM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Just came across a bug with my save for this game, When i load up it up ( i'm in chapter 4 or 5 one of the) sits there loading and then i get 'Dead' come up on the screen. Might have to go on Xbox live to see if there's another update.

Old Post May 23rd, 2012 02:22 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
red sabre
Restricted

Account Restricted

did you play prince of persia the forgoten sands?

thanks Scythe for the cool signature!!!!

Old Post May 23rd, 2012 05:08 AM
red sabre is currently offline Click here to Send red sabre a Private Message Find more posts by red sabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

But what the hell does that have to do with Max Payne.

Old Post May 23rd, 2012 05:10 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Moving on.....

got the recent 'Local Justice' Map pack, For its launch it was only 480 ms points now its back to 640 ms points.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2012 01:19 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Got this game for Christmas. I love the first Max Payne and enjoyed the 2nd so I was pretty excited for this one.

Max Payne 3 was really impressive, I felt. I really liked the story. Max's cynical monologues are as fun as ever. And the change of setting from snowy/rainy New York to Brazil seemed strange but after playing it I have to say I really liked it. One of the charms of the first game was the seedy and dark tone which I thought might be lost with the change of scenery. Luckily it wasn't, it's stronger than ever. I loved seeing the seedy part of Brazil and the flashbacks scenes in New Jersey gave the games the best of both worlds. Bullet time is still a blast. The game is mad violent in the best of ways. Killing enemies is really satisfying and fun.

Overall this is probably my favorite game in the series, which surprised. I really liked this one.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2013 08:45 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by BackFire
Got this game for Christmas. I love the first Max Payne and enjoyed the 2nd so I was pretty excited for this one.

Max Payne 3 was really impressive, I felt. I really liked the story. Max's cynical monologues are as fun as ever. And the change of setting from snowy/rainy New York to Brazil seemed strange but after playing it I have to say I really liked it. One of the charms of the first game was the seedy and dark tone which I thought might be lost with the change of scenery. Luckily it wasn't, it's stronger than ever. I loved seeing the seedy part of Brazil and the flashbacks scenes in New Jersey gave the games the best of both worlds. Bullet time is still a blast. The game is mad violent in the best of ways. Killing enemies is really satisfying and fun.

Overall this is probably my favorite game in the series, which surprised. I really liked this one.

thumb up

It really is an excellent game.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2013 08:48 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

The multiplayer is also good for it and it doesn't feel tacked on like another game such as Dead Space 2

also i can't believe people have gone legendary this game's prestige.. 5 times or more, People just don't have a life. I've had the game since day 1 and i still haven't made it

Last edited by Kazenji on Jan 2nd, 2013 at 09:15 AM

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2013 09:13 AM
Morridini
Morridini

So for some reason I got the vibe from the community (not this one) that this didn't "feel" like a Max Payne game, and when combining that sentiment with screenshots of a bald dude running around in a pacific location shooting things up I decided to not pick it up. Until the big Xbox sale that was a month or so ago... And oh my god what have I been missing out on?

I'm currently at Chapter 8 (bought it On Demand, and apparently the initial download doesn't contain the whole game, now downloading additional 2 GB of data to continue..yey...), and this game is Max Payne to the Max...Payne!

Simply loving it so far, the style of the game, the monologuing of Max is exactly how it has been, and I believe Rockstar made a smart move in changing the location and situation of Max from the previous games, rather than just rehashing the Payne in NY setting once more.

If only the darned extra download would finish soon...

How's the multiplayer?

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post May 5th, 2013 11:05 AM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Morridini

How's the multiplayer?

I've played it for a while now and personally its great, Doesn't feel like its been tacked on for the hell of it.

Old Post May 5th, 2013 11:30 AM
Morridini
Morridini

This ****ings game never quits, one epic scene after another, great plot that keeps twisting and churning, and I am loving every ****ings second of it. Didn't think I would have said this just a few weeks ago, but this game seriously has one of the best stories in this generation (even on par with behemoths like Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain...)!

Old Post May 10th, 2013 04:05 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Morridini
This ****ings game never quits, one epic scene after another, great plot that keeps twisting and churning, and I am loving every ****ings second of it. Didn't think I would have said this just a few weeks ago, but this game seriously has one of the best stories in this generation (even on par with behemoths like Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain...)!

Is it like a reboot, or do you need to have played the older ones first to fully appreciate the story?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 10th, 2013 04:45 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

It's not a reboot, it's as true as sequel as possible. Although the story is self-consistent (you might just need to know the bare bone premise of the original game, i.e. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Max Payne's wife and child were murdered and Max slaughtered half the criminal population of New York in the aftermath) you'll definitely enjoy the story more if you have already played 1 & 2.

Old Post May 10th, 2013 05:33 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Came across people at the time when this game came out saying this one isn't a Max Payne game because its not set in New York erm

There's nothing left for Max in New York to do, time for him to move on.

Old Post May 11th, 2013 05:17 AM