KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks

Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks
Started by: Nactous

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

hmm...

I still think it would have been beter to use the OOT style graphics for it. Get that cartoon crap outta there.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2009 05:25 PM
Mandrag Ganon is currently offline Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I like Wind Waker's design. At first I hated it, but after I played the game it was awesome. Actually I like both styles.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Mar 26th, 2009 07:27 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zack Fair
I like Wind Waker's design. At first I hated it, but after I played the game it was awesome. Actually I like both styles.

I agree

"The wait is over."

Old Post Mar 26th, 2009 07:54 PM
Nactous is currently offline Click here to Send Nactous a Private Message Find more posts by Nactous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

WW was a great game, but the art style irks me to HELL.

also, steam engines? what happened to medieval era Zelda? If they give Link a gun I'll personally mail Shiggy a box of excrement.

Edit: as a side note, OoT Looked alot better than PH, so console power's not an excuse.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2009 08:21 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Originally posted by Nactous
I agree

I disagree.

Originally posted by ScreamPaste
WW was a great game, but the art style irks me to HELL.

also, steam engines? what happened to medieval era Zelda? If they give Link a gun I'll personally mail Shiggy a box of excrement.

Edit: as a side note, OoT Looked alot better than PH, so console power's not an excuse.

I thought it was just too childish. I mean Zelda was never an adult game, but Zelda appeals to both. WW style, I think, just takes it too far into the kids relm.

I also think that TP went to far toward the adult relm and that's how it lost alot of it's Zelda feel. However I still prefer it to both WW and PH. (though I like all three)

I have to admit, in Wind Waker, atleast the boats looked like they belonged in the time-period. PH's steam boat was pushing it, but I really don't know what to think about ST's train.

Every else about the game looks good so far... but the train seems to be pushing it... I... I just don't know what to think. (Though I'll still be preordering my copy and picking it up when it comes out. smile And playing it non-stop until I have beaten it.)

I just hope that Over-world travel isn't strictly train-driven. I like to explore.

Last edited by Mandrag Ganon on Mar 26th, 2009 at 10:14 PM

Old Post Mar 26th, 2009 10:00 PM
Mandrag Ganon is currently offline Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

I loved Windwaker personally, everything about it.

This could be alright I guess.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2009 11:05 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

I'd like to point out OoT and MM were both more adult than TP. The original edition of OoT in the gold cart had red blood, which sprays everywhere when you stab Ganon in the face at the end. These were probably the best Zelda games ever in 3d.

WW was great, I just hate the Celda look, it's out of place.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2009 01:04 AM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Graphics virtually don't really mean a damn thing when it comes to making a good game IMO.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2009 01:40 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

I'd like to point out OoT and MM were both more adult than TP. The original edition of OoT in the gold cart had red blood, which sprays everywhere when you stab Ganon in the face at the end. These were probably the best Zelda games ever in 3d.

WW was great, I just hate the Celda look, it's out of place.

No, the concepts, ways people spoke and acted were more childish in OOT and MM. Especially MM. Red blood means nothing to whether or not the game is more adult.

And, look at the ratings between the 3 games. Where OOT and MM had an E rating, Twilight Princess had the T rating.

TP had more adult themes than OOT and MM.

Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
Graphics virtually don't really mean a damn thing when it comes to making a good game IMO.

I couldn't agree more completely. Graphics are like ketchup. Food still tastes good without it, but it does enhance the experience many foods.

Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
I loved Windwaker personally, everything about it.

This could be alright I guess.

I liked it. Didn't like the graphical style they chose, but it didn't really take from the game itself. Traveling the ocean got alittle boring after awhile... or annoying if those blasted sharks were attacking...

But I hate... HATE... HATE the Puppet Ganon battle. HATE IT... Though the Ganondorf battle did make up for it.

Last edited by Mandrag Ganon on Mar 27th, 2009 at 02:26 AM

Old Post Mar 27th, 2009 02:15 AM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Graphics aren't important to an extent, there's a point where they effect your immersion, because Link looks like a power puff girl..

But yeah, I disagree, MM was alot darker than TP, and OoT had to be toned down for it's E rating, hence green blood and no chanting and such in the later editions.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2009 04:08 AM
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

I don't really have a problem with the look, I just really didn't like the stylus controls with phantom hourglass and really hope they change that. I've already voiced that i'm one of the people that has his own timeline worked out and doesn't buy the split time line BS so from the looks of the game, the plot either takes place before Ocarina of Time or after Phantom Hourglass.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Mar 27th, 2009 05:30 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Originally posted by Darth Jello
I don't really have a problem with the look, I just really didn't like the stylus controls with phantom hourglass and really hope they change that. I've already voiced that i'm one of the people that has his own timeline worked out and doesn't buy the split time line BS so from the looks of the game, the plot either takes place before Ocarina of Time or after Phantom Hourglass.

You just had to bring up the timeline. Well, I'm not taking the bait!

This has to be a new Link, for the record. Each Link gets two games. No Link has ever had more.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2009 08:12 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

What makes you think that that can't change?

Old Post Mar 27th, 2009 10:05 AM
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

my point was geared more towards the controls and how i hoped this game was more traditional then phantom. Hell, I liked Tingle's Balloon Fight more than Phantom Hourglass

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Mar 27th, 2009 10:45 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Graphics aren't important to an extent, there's a point where they effect your immersion, because Link looks like a power puff girl..

But yeah, I disagree, MM was alot darker than TP, and OoT had to be toned down for it's E rating, hence green blood and no chanting and such in the later editions.

I will admit, my parents never got me an N64, and so had to wait to play OOT and MM on the Game Cube, so I never got to play it as it was originally released.

I liked Tingle's Balloon Fight more than Phantom Hourglass

*shutters*

Originally posted by General Kaliero
You just had to bring up the timeline. Well, I'm not taking the bait!

This has to be a new Link, for the record. Each Link gets two games. No Link has ever had more.

It's obviously a new Link. What is shown in the trailer would not fit with any other Link.

... from the looks of the game, the plot either takes place before Ocarina of Time or after Phantom Hourglass.

I havn't seen enough information to try to place it in a timeline yet.

Last edited by Mandrag Ganon on Mar 27th, 2009 at 12:54 PM

Old Post Mar 27th, 2009 12:47 PM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

I have my own timeline that works with the split timeline theory, and my own personal reincarnation/recycled soul theory to explain why all the Links are so damn similiar. [When Shiggy took away single Link theory I replaced it with single Link soul, many Link bodies theory!] ..Except for the Toon Links, they're a seperate group entirely.

I've sorted all the Toon games, such as four swords, WW, Minish cap, PH, and such into the timeline without Link.

I also have a semi working theory that OoT Link actually got five games, which is the theory I apply less often...

I took the bait D: I'm a bad man.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2009 02:46 PM
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Not bad theroies though. I do think that there either has to be a split at the OOT timeline, or Link never truly returned to Hyrule after MM.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2009 03:17 PM
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

They couldn't do any other visual approach besides WW on the DS. Everything else would be to complicated.

I agree it works.

"The wait is over."

Old Post Mar 27th, 2009 03:48 PM
Nactous is currently offline Click here to Send Nactous a Private Message Find more posts by Nactous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Originally posted by Nactous
They couldn't do any other visual approach besides WW on the DS. Everything else would be to complicated.

I agree it works.

Why? OOT has basically the same graphics as Super Mario 64 and look at 64 DS.

(please log in to view the image)

And not only that, but they look beter on the DS. Why couldn't they have gone with an OOT style? Why would it be complicated?

Last edited by Mandrag Ganon on Mar 28th, 2009 at 01:22 AM

Old Post Mar 28th, 2009 01:18 AM
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by THE JLRTENJAC
Why? OOT has basically the same graphics as Super Mario 64 and look at 64 DS.

And not only that, but they look beter on the DS. Why couldn't they have gone with an OOT style? Why would it be complicated?

What are you talking about!?!?! OoT was a landmark graphic approach. It shouldn't even be compared to Super Mario 64.

"The wait is over."

Last edited by Nactous on Mar 28th, 2009 at 03:49 AM

Old Post Mar 28th, 2009 03:40 AM