KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks

Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks
Started by: Nactous

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

The DS is basicly a dual screened N64, tbh, theres no reason to deny us OoT style grafx

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2009 03:44 AM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

And have them look painfully pixelated?

"The wait is over."

Old Post Mar 28th, 2009 03:46 AM
Nactous is currently offline Click here to Send Nactous a Private Message Find more posts by Nactous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

To be honest anyone who lets graphics ruin a game for them is not a real gamer.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2009 01:41 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nactous
And have them look painfully pixelated?

And what reasoning do you have to say that it will be "painfully pixelated"?

Old Post Mar 28th, 2009 03:46 PM
Mandrag Ganon is currently offline Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

Bottom line, no it wont/shouldn't happen.

"The wait is over."

Old Post Mar 28th, 2009 03:55 PM
Nactous is currently offline Click here to Send Nactous a Private Message Find more posts by Nactous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

And yet you don't give any reasons to support your argument... Do you even know why you think it shouldn't happen? Why it would be so pixelated?

Old Post Mar 28th, 2009 04:03 PM
Mandrag Ganon is currently offline Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't know about you, but i wouldn't want to see my favorite pre 2003 game downsized, unlike you, I grew up with it. Somethings you just don't mess with.

"The wait is over."

Old Post Mar 28th, 2009 04:08 PM
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

They're probably just doing the cell shaded thing cuz that's what's easy for the system, i'm not sure it's stylistic at this point. On GC it made sense because the bright and cheery animation contrasted with the extremely dark and depressing story that wind waker had. Back to Spirit Tracks, does anyone think Ganon will be in the game?

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Mar 28th, 2009 06:21 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Darth Jello
They're probably just doing the cell shaded thing cuz that's what's easy for the system, i'm not sure it's stylistic at this point. On GC it made sense because the bright and cheery animation contrasted with the extremely dark and depressing story that wind waker had. Back to Spirit Tracks, does anyone think Ganon will be in the game?

I agree, it is easier on the system.

"The wait is over."

Old Post Mar 28th, 2009 09:38 PM
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Originally posted by Nactous
I don't know about you, but i wouldn't want to see my favorite pre 2003 game downsized, unlike you, I grew up with it. Somethings you just don't mess with.

I'm not saying bring OOT onto the system, but graphics to that extent over Wind Waker? Yea, do that.

I dunno, this one may have it's own villan, which would stick to the concept for most of the hand held games

LA had the Nightmare
OOA had Veran
OOS had Onox
and PH had Bellum

Infact, the only one that didn't create it's own villan was MC with Vatti, but it took the character and gave him a completely un-expected backstory... well I mean when you were playing the game it was easy to figure out, but before the game came out I don't think anyone thought that Vatti was a Minish.

Last edited by Mandrag Ganon on Mar 29th, 2009 at 10:55 PM

Old Post Mar 29th, 2009 10:51 PM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

@TGE, debating grafx doesn't mean they ruin the game, I still play NES,SNES,N64, ect.. o_O

I do not like the art style of Spirit tracks, and it probably will be another one shot done under the name Zelda with no actual consequence to the canon.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2009 11:22 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

The more I look at this game, I think it'll be pretty cool. Still not sure about the train though...

I wonder if you will upgrade the train like you do the boat in PH.

ST GT Pop-block

Same trailer, but points out some interesting stuff.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/47268.html

Last edited by Mandrag Ganon on Mar 30th, 2009 at 12:02 AM

Old Post Mar 29th, 2009 11:55 PM
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Here's an interesting speculation about the plot that I found

quote:
Originally Posted by Ganondorfdude of Gametrailers.com (Click here for Post)

Maybe the new evil is just some elaborate ploy to get Link to pull the Master Sword from Ganon's head and revive him.

In truth, it wouldn't surprise me. erm Or atleast a ploy to revive Ganon is some way.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2009 11:46 PM
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

You know, the more I see of this game (as in the more times I watch the trailer smile) the more I like it. I am truly excrited about this game.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2009 12:21 AM
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Got some more info, nothing big but since there has been a drought of news pertaining to this game I thought I'd post this:

Spirit Tracks seeks aims for a wider age group
aaand... a bit more of the same.

Old Post May 13th, 2009 01:23 AM
Scythe
The Goat

I'm excited about this, can't wait.

Old Post May 13th, 2009 03:09 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Originally posted by THE JLRTENJAC
I'm not saying bring OOT onto the system, but graphics to that extent over Wind Waker? Yea, do that.

I dunno, this one may have it's own villan, which would stick to the concept for most of the hand held games

LA had the Nightmare
OOA had Veran
OOS had Onox
and PH had Bellum

Infact, the only one that didn't create it's own villan was MC with Vatti, but it took the character and gave him a completely un-expected backstory... well I mean when you were playing the game it was easy to figure out, but before the game came out I don't think anyone thought that Vatti was a Minish.

Well the main villains of the oracle games were Twinrova and Ganon (which in my mind makes it a perfect sequel to adventure of link, but we'll not get into my contraversial timeline here), so Onox and Veran are just puppets of the true main villain so really, not counting the tingle games the only zelda games that did no have ganon as the main villain are LA, PH, TMC, and FS. I'd would like it if this game was an interquel to TMC and FS just to show how the four sword got cursed and more vaati or at least i hope it has a better villain than Bellum, that was lame.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post May 13th, 2009 05:52 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

When is this game scheduled to come out?

Old Post May 15th, 2009 10:08 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Well the main villains of the oracle games were Twinrova and Ganon (which in my mind makes it a perfect sequel to adventure of link, but we'll not get into my contraversial timeline here), so Onox and Veran are just puppets of the true main villain so really, not counting the tingle games the only zelda games that did no have ganon as the main villain are LA, PH, TMC, and FS. I'd would like it if this game was an interquel to TMC and FS just to show how the four sword got cursed and more vaati or at least i hope it has a better villain than Bellum, that was lame.

Yea, that is true about OOA and OOS. Because Koume and Kotake do indeed ressurect a mindless form of Ganon (As Link got in the way before they had a chance to fully ressurect Ganon) after you link the two games together.

And there is Majora's Mask which didn't have Ganon as a villian. It was instead, Majora's Mask. And many could argue that the main Villian of AOL was not Ganon either, since the game was about Ganon's minions trying to ressurect him, so though he was a large plot point, he couldn't really be consitered the villian as he was dead at the time. In which case the same thing could be argued about OOA and OOS, but atleast in OOA and OOS you do, indeed, fight Ganon in the end.

Originally posted by Scythe
When is this game scheduled to come out?

The computer at Game Stop tells me 12/1 (or atleast it did last I checked) I'd say that's not a final release because First of the month release dates are usually tentative, but I'd expect it before Christmas.

Last edited by Mandrag Ganon on May 15th, 2009 at 06:34 PM

Old Post May 15th, 2009 06:31 PM
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by THE JLRTENJAC
The computer at Game Stop tells me 12/1 (or atleast it did last I checked) I'd say that's not a final release because First of the month release dates are usually tentative, but I'd expect it before Christmas.

Oh, thank you. I didn't actually expect it to come out this year.

Old Post May 15th, 2009 07:05 PM