KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks

Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks
Started by: Nactous

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Jello
The weird thing is (and again, I don't want to start any fights and debates), every game that has been released since the Oracles has reinforced and fit into my "wrong" conception of the plot/timeline of the series and from what I hear, this one's no different.

I have to admit, I've forgotten your timeline theory... or... I've never heard it... either way I'd like to see your views on it. smile

Getting good reviews

9.5 on IGN
8 out of 10 on Game Informer
A- on 1up
to name a few

I watched the opening scene a few minutes ago on 1up.com and I just can't wait to pick the game up after my next exam...

Kotaku has a nice review on it aswell. http://kotaku.com/5420647/the-legen...review-nice-one

Last edited by Mandrag Ganon on Dec 8th, 2009 at 07:31 PM

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 07:18 PM
Mandrag Ganon is currently offline Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Responded in PM to avoid bitching and fighting. Typically discussing a zelda timeline in a public forum elicits the kind of conflict that you get by saying things like "I'm glad the Beatles broke up" or "I just put it in your mother's butt dry".

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 11:21 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

So initial impressions. It's still a bit uncomfortable since visually, even with the lefty setting this game was definitely made for a right handed person forcing me to switch which makes me suck slightly more. Big improvement on the sensitivity and way to pull off certain moves. I like how I can roll without angrily scribbling all over the touch screen.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2009 03:36 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

So initial impressions. It's still a bit uncomfortable since visually, even with the lefty setting this game was definitely made for a right handed person forcing me to switch which makes me suck slightly more. Big improvement on the sensitivity and way to pull off certain moves. I like how I can roll without angrily scribbling all over the touch screen.

Yea, I'm right-handed so the controls don't bother me in the least.

I really like the use of the Mic for items like the Spirit Flute and the Whirlwind. I really like the spirit flute, a far more interactive instrument than the Ocarina of Time was, hell, I spent 20 minutes trying to play the Zelda theme on it yesterday. I am also looking forward to trying the 4-player battle with some friends some time soon.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: The fact that Niko is still alive still bugs me. Since this game takes place at least 100 years after PH, Niko is old... I mean, hell, what does it take to kill that guy...

Old Post Dec 9th, 2009 04:24 PM
Mandrag Ganon is currently offline Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

There's a dark implication throughout all the games that Link tends to die pretty young anyway. Every single one of them is an orphan.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2009 04:53 PM
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

There's a dark implication throughout all the games that Link tends to die pretty young anyway. Every single one of them is an orphan.

Well, we don't know who his parents are in the first Zelda, he might have been a run-away. stick out tongue

But, yea there always has been somewhat of a shroud of death that seems to follow Link, Especially in OOT, where it talks about his Mother leaving him with the Deku Tree.

Anyway, I'm just glad the post men stopped reading my letters out loud... that was just an invasion of privacy. smile

Last edited by Mandrag Ganon on Dec 9th, 2009 at 08:08 PM

Old Post Dec 9th, 2009 07:56 PM
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

I think the trauma of being orphans and child heroes gets to the Links. After saving the kingdom and banging out a kid with Malon or Anju or whomever, the all succumb to PTSD and start abusing chu jelly as a coping mechanism. They eventually die of overdoses or in violent arguments with their wives who abandon the kids and join Gerudos.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2009 08:28 PM
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

laughing out loud But we all know that Chu Jelly is not an abusable substance. It's that Chateau Romani you've gotta worry about.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2009 08:54 PM
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Three jars of that and you'll be trying to go back in time to your youth by sticking your master sword in Zelda's pedestal.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2009 09:07 PM
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

I've just gotten into the third temple (the trip to it was a blast) and up to this point it is clearly the superior of the two DS Zelda games.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2009 05:03 PM
Scythe
The Goat

Amazing game, loving every bit of it.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2009 08:56 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Just beat it, and loved every second of it. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the only real problem I had with it what that Zelda stole your bow in the final battle against Maladus. I am tired of Zelda always stealing my blasted bow.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2009 06:02 PM