KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Official off topic/Batman discussion.

Official off topic/Batman discussion.
Started by: Badabing

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Badabing
Karen

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
And if i have'nt read Batman: Gotham After Midnight is it still a good read ?
I liked the first issue. Gotham After Midnight was the best comparison I knew. It's a different take on Batman but good imo.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Oct 15th, 2009 02:17 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
namorsubby

when is bruce coming back? has their been any recent appearances of his "spirit" or whatever floating around in other times and/or planes?

Original Human Torch
Namora

Old Post Oct 17th, 2009 12:34 AM
namorsubby is currently offline Click here to Send namorsubby a Private Message Find more posts by namorsubby Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by namorsubby
when is bruce coming back? has their been any recent appearances of his "spirit" or whatever floating around in other times and/or planes?

there has been nothing at all, but i still believe he will return in Batman # 700

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 17th, 2009 03:18 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
there has been nothing at all, but i still believe he will return in Batman # 700

why so sure about that issue...am i missing something?...i most likely am sad

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Nov 12th, 2009 06:36 PM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Shadow Z

Batman figurine

Just made a new cape for my Batman figurine, the old one looked too Superman. Thought I'd share it here. Happy Dance

Attachment: batman1.jpg
This has been downloaded 137 time(s).

Old Post Jan 29th, 2011 05:16 PM
Lord Shadow Z is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Lord Shadow Z
Just made a new cape for my Batman figurine, the old one looked too Superman. Thought I'd share it here. Happy Dance

you are gonna send it to me, right?? stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 29th, 2011 08:57 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Shadow Z

you are gonna send it to me, right?? stick out tongue

big grin

I couldn't do that, I'd miss it too much.

It was quite lucky because I found it in a charity shop. Its a bit scuffed here and there and it didn't have the cape, so I made a quick one. After I while though I found an old black t-shirt I wasn't wearing and hey presto, better cape.

I have two smaller Batman figurines but my cameras not picking them up too well.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2011 09:22 PM
Lord Shadow Z is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

big grin

I couldn't do that, I'd miss it too much.

It was quite lucky because I found it in a charity shop. Its a bit scuffed here and there and it didn't have the cape, so I made a quick one. After I while though I found an old black t-shirt I wasn't wearing and hey presto, better cape.

I have two smaller Batman figurines but my cameras not picking them up too well.

maybe better lighting maybe?

Old Post Jan 30th, 2011 12:20 AM
Lord Shadow Z

maybe better lighting maybe?

Here they are

The one on the left I got from an official DC line of figurines that had come with a small factfile on Batman. The one on the right I got from a market stall in a shopping center.

Attachment: batman2.jpg
This has been downloaded 117 time(s).

Old Post Feb 1st, 2011 11:03 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Here they are

The one on the left I got from an official DC line of figurines that had come with a small factfile on Batman. The one on the right I got from a market stall in a shopping center.

those are so way cool

Old Post Feb 1st, 2011 08:01 PM
Lord Shadow Z

Batman Forever Novel

I read the Batman Forever novelization (by Peter David) a few days ago which was based of the screenplay more than the film. Without going into too much detail there was a bit more background on Nigma and his Bruce Wayne obsession, a bit more on the Graysons, Chase Meridian and Harvey Dent/Two-Face as well. The scenes were differently arranged but I think that most people know the film didn't follow the screenplay. Anyway, I did so it didn't make too much of a difference but being so used to the film it took a while to re-arrange everything in my head.

The dialogue, coupled with the thoughts and feeling of the characters included made a difference actually, gave more of a context to the lesser liked lines, although I didn't mind them. Some speeches and dialogue were different and knowing the film so well it was slightly hard to follow because my mind was playing the film version. Overall, even if some people think the dialogue in the movie was naff I felt it was far slicker than the SP/book and moved the story and action along better. I was a bit miffed it didn't have my favourite quote from the film though.

It's apparent from this that Carrey ad-libbed a lot, with certain comments and actions, but even so a lot of what he did do and say in the movies was in here too. Two-Face felt a bit more reserved and felt more complete with the background I mentioned earlier. Wayne and Dick Grayson are more tortured characters while Chase wasn't as fiery as Nicole Kidman's portrayal. Certain scenes are different, some of which add to the character or situations depending on how you see it, but I feel some would not have worked well for the movie.

In terms of the writing it was very expressive, a bit stilted at first but that's always the way when reading movie-based books but I do recommend checking it out.

Last edited by Lord Shadow Z on Apr 5th, 2012 at 02:12 PM

Old Post Apr 5th, 2012 02:10 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Anyone know what comic this is from?

(please log in to view the image)

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Nov 12th, 2012 11:10 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Found it.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 12th, 2012 11:49 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
teltacwor
Restricted

Account Restricted

Batman is a very good character and it is looks like real hero and all equipments are real. IT is used according to the situations.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2013 06:35 AM
teltacwor is currently offline Click here to Send teltacwor a Private Message Find more posts by teltacwor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Hm. I was thinking...

I think Batman punishes himself by going through what he goes though.

He takes his anger and guilt out on criminals but it almost seems like he might kinda see himself get beaten up when he beats up the criminals, as if he's vicariously beating up himself. Sort of some kinda mental punishment for letting the only people that mattered in his life, for letting them die because of you. But in the name of justice.

Like I think he hates himself maybe..

I don't think I can explain it really well but I know how I feel.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Oct 31st, 2013 11:18 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Entity
Illuminati Founder

I came across this and loved it. One of the tat guys I asked about it said it would incredibly increase the quality of the finished product if I could find the original source of the image. Assuming its a comic. erm

(please log in to view the image)

Anyone have any knowledge of the origin of this artwork? If by chance it is an actual comic panel and not just an individual's personalized stencil.

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Nov 9th, 2013 08:53 AM
Entity is currently offline Click here to Send Entity a Private Message Find more posts by Entity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 11th, 2013 01:17 AM
Entity
Illuminati Founder

AWESOME! Thanks Pr that could help tremendously! big grin

Really wanna do it but I gotta debate the cost. I was told its gonna probably be between 4 - 5 sessions. They do 4 hour all you can take sessions at $200 each.

Damn its the coolest tat I've ever seen though and would be great to go with my Stan Lee autograph tat I got last month during Nashville Comic con.

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Nov 11th, 2013 07:16 PM
Entity is currently offline Click here to Send Entity a Private Message Find more posts by Entity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Entity
Illuminati Founder

Got the line work done Saturday! Really excited about going back for the shading after it's healed. big grin

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...e=2&theater

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Feb 12th, 2014 09:55 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Link doesn't work for me, sadly.

Glad it's working out for you, though.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 19th, 2014 12:13 AM