KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Off Topic/Superman Discussion Thread...

Off Topic/Superman Discussion Thread...
Started by: -Pr-

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Off Topic/Superman Discussion Thread...

Yeah, crappy name, but suggestions are welcome...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 31st, 2009 07:27 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

How about The Official Man of Steel Off Topic Thread?

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Mar 31st, 2009 07:31 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

might work. see if anyone has any other suggestions, then we can all decide...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2009 09:18 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cartesian Doubt
Cognito il Sum

As this is really the only forum I post on now. So I would like to allow myself to introduce .... myself

Nice one Scarlet Spider, yeah I remember when that was your name .... I think. confused

Old Post Apr 24th, 2009 06:16 PM
Cartesian Doubt is currently offline Click here to Send Cartesian Doubt a Private Message Find more posts by Cartesian Doubt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Cartesian Doubt
As this is really the only forum I post on now. So I would like to allow myself to introduce .... myself

Nice one Scarlet Spider, yeah I remember when that was your name .... I think. confused

nope, lol, not scarlet spider... pr1983...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 24th, 2009 08:57 PM
Cartesian Doubt
Cognito il Sum

Originally posted by Raoul
nope, lol, not scarlet spider... pr1983...

And someone before that ?

Old Post Apr 25th, 2009 12:35 AM
Cartesian Doubt is currently offline Click here to Send Cartesian Doubt a Private Message Find more posts by Cartesian Doubt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Cartesian Doubt
And someone before that ?

nope lol...

was always pr1983...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 1st, 2009 06:36 AM
Paola
Ronin

How 'bout.....hmmmm.... wait.....hmmmm......"The 'I'll buy you a beer if you post here' thread"?

No? erm

Bad idea? erm Is just that I'm reading a thread where we used to have so much fun and I'm in the part where eristole offers to buy a beer to a German guy laughing out loud

embarrasment silly me

by Scythe

Old Post May 1st, 2009 08:23 AM
Paola is currently offline Click here to Send Paola a Private Message Find more posts by Paola Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Paola
How 'bout.....hmmmm.... wait.....hmmmm......"The 'I'll buy you a beer if you post here' thread"?

No? erm

Bad idea? erm Is just that I'm reading a thread where we used to have so much fun and I'm in the part where eristole offers to buy a beer to a German guy laughing out loud

embarrasment silly me

laughing out loud

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 5th, 2009 03:41 PM
Paola
Ronin

eek! laughing

by Scythe

Old Post May 5th, 2009 07:40 PM
Paola is currently offline Click here to Send Paola a Private Message Find more posts by Paola Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Paola

No? erm

embarrasment silly me

I want some beer, even though I rarely drink.. big grin

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 5th, 2009 09:55 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Paola
Ronin

uhm isn't there a thread about, I believe, Superman's cousin Kara?

I searched but couldn't find it

by Scythe

Old Post May 17th, 2009 12:50 PM
The Pict
Defender Of The Faith

Originally posted by Raoul
laughing out loud

Post.

You owe me a beer. I'm off work Tuesday/Wednesday. Shouldn't cost you too much to get over to Scotchland.

Hot sig by Scottie

Old Post May 17th, 2009 04:17 PM
The Pict is currently offline Click here to Send The Pict a Private Message Find more posts by The Pict Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

hows aboot "the things NOT about superman thread."

or "the off topic thread in the superman forum, without all the vs goku stuff because we have, like, 10,000 threads about that already.. thread.. NO GOKU!!!"

Old Post May 18th, 2009 05:03 AM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Facee
Lord of Pretty

Can I join this team ?

Seriously , Superman discussions are usually short and boring. I mean the guy can do it all. Whats there to talk about. stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 18th, 2009 01:34 AM
Facee is currently offline Click here to Send Facee a Private Message Find more posts by Facee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Face Inc.
Can I join this team ?

Seriously , Superman discussions are usually short and boring. I mean the guy can do it all. Whats there to talk about. stick out tongue

the fact that what you said isn't true? and i'm not even taking about the boring part. it's the he can do it all part, because he can't.

its ok to be wrong stick out tongue

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Dec 18th, 2009 12:23 PM
TheKahn
The Dude abides

Re: Off Topic/Superman Discussion Thread...

Originally posted by -Pr-
Yeah, crappy name, but suggestions are welcome...

The Forgotten Planet

The starchild's ramblings

Aliens of the corn

Bastards out of Smallville

The blue return

Voyagers of steel

The last temptation of Kal-El

Raiders of the Lost Fortress of Solitude

Pride and Prejudice and Aliens

The plot against Jimmy Olsen

Krypton Attacks!

Confessions of an middle-aged alien

Earth Women, Kryptonese genitalia

Alfred Kinsey's Sexual Behavior of Kryptonians

Carl - "No, the real point is: I don't give a damn."

Carl - "This line, here? Line of Death. You cross it, and your freedoms no longer exist. Um-kay? Have a good day."

Old Post Dec 19th, 2009 10:32 AM
TheKahn is currently offline Click here to Send TheKahn a Private Message Find more posts by TheKahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

i liked superman as a kid, i was probably 6 or 8 but, soon lights started to flicker on about what was wrong with the character and his stories. inconsistencies with his character started to be more and more obvious the history of his universe became a headache and some how linked to superman.

some how the inconsistencies seem to be tied to him, i got tired of this and just gave up he wasnt an interesting character. i no longer wanted him to win....

they had to make Luther more ruthless and evil just to keep their dynamic relationship relevant.. Luther was having the same problem as magneto where ppl saw him more of the misunderstood villain.

there arent many stories i enjoy with superman... i have gotten fed up with watching superman come up with one more ability or find out he was holding back just a lil bit only to unleash his full rage in a climactic battle and repeating the same line: "this was the single hardest fight" that he has repeated in just about every other issue..

his powers are dues ex machina its all he has ever bn from his original Silver age to now.... he may no longer create mini clones of himself but he still pulls asinine feats and has newer strength and durability feats in each new issue, its lazy writing at its worse and its the hall mark of superman writers...

then i read one of the few comics with him that i genuinely enjoy not b/c he is getting beaten or humiliated but b/c it is actually well written and not just splash art or a retarded cosmic event that makes no sense but is used to restructure DC history just so it can be screwed up in 5 to 10 yrs and do it again.
http://toobusythinkingboutcomics.bl...an-hero-as.html

(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by Dark Riddick on Sep 25th, 2010 at 08:39 PM

Old Post Sep 25th, 2010 08:35 PM
Dark Riddick is currently offline Click here to Send Dark Riddick a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Riddick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 25th, 2010 08:51 PM
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

was i off topic? my bad.

let me think....

Jor-El's Files

Fortress of Solitude

Fortress of Contemplation

Last edited by Dark Riddick on Sep 25th, 2010 at 09:07 PM

Old Post Sep 25th, 2010 09:03 PM
Dark Riddick is currently offline Click here to Send Dark Riddick a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Riddick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote