KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Off Topic/Superman Discussion Thread...

Off Topic/Superman Discussion Thread...
Started by: -Pr-

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

No, no... Nothing about the topic...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 25th, 2010 09:03 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

i hurt your feelings, didnt I? shifty

that story was a perfect illustration that superman can't be everywhere at once he cant and shouldnt be able to fix everything..

something writers forget and make superman central to just about every story arc, superman in the middle doing it all.

writers need to realize superman has limits or all you'll get is retcons just for the sake of depowering him to manageable lvls which is what DC's retcons were designed in the 1st place..

writers screwing up the character and power lvls once is one thing but doing it for over 60 some yrs is just willful ignorance and laziness.

Superman should be written as a quarter back or line backer part of a team and not always playing every position where he is the smartest, wisest, strongest, fastest in a crisis. he needs to be given set limits and allow others to shine and share in equal or greater part of a story...

i have grown tired of seeing another character's ability or position being usurped it a situation that superman shouldnt be able to survive and the other character who was design for the single purpose struggling or unable to do his duty b/c his power has bn unceremoniously lowered or ignored by writer's whim and nothing to do with the story....

ppl notice if superman is depowered to the point that he struggles with a ship but no one notices when Marvel's magic immunity and strength is ignored b/c superman is in the same storyline with him and is the hero of the story.. no one bats an eye when superman walks into a maelstrom of magic energy more powerful then any nukes but billy cant get near it.

if writers respected consistency he be a great character that more ppl can get behind like billy, norrin and thor... these characters are just as overpowered but they have personality/depth and you dont see them pulling unexplained powers or strength/durability feat that are 10x from last week with no explanation.

Superman's powers shouldnt need to be scaled back or increased but his stories need to focus more on the man then the super at times, it would give him more depth...

(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by Dark Riddick on Sep 25th, 2010 at 09:33 PM

Old Post Sep 25th, 2010 09:31 PM
Dark Riddick is currently offline Click here to Send Dark Riddick a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Riddick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

What you just went on and on about hasn't been in comics for the better part of a decade. You're a few years too late.

Plus, the bias is showing.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 25th, 2010 10:20 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

hmm.. tryin to get ppl to talk about superman here... create some response whether ppl agree with me or disagree.. maybe get their take of the character.

let me ask you what do you think i was talking about that you dont think is in his comics anymore?

can you refer me to a well written modern story with him where he isnt shown consciously absorbing non solar energy or is seen being significantly stronger then last week fighting an even bigger stronger more ruthless villain which he barely survived against?

maybe a story where his durability is consistent through out the story and doesnt upset the pre established hisory of last month.

Last edited by Dark Riddick on Sep 25th, 2010 at 11:02 PM

Old Post Sep 25th, 2010 10:49 PM
Dark Riddick is currently offline Click here to Send Dark Riddick a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Riddick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

^ There's a line between stimulating discussion and trolling. You're kinda flirting with it.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2010 01:49 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

hmm..

can anyone tell me how many times Lobo and superman met for the 1st time and in what comic or storyline?

Old Post Sep 27th, 2010 12:56 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by King Castle
hmm.. tryin to get ppl to talk about superman here... create some response whether ppl agree with me or disagree.. maybe get their take of the character.

let me ask you what do you think i was talking about that you dont think is in his comics anymore?

can you refer me to a well written modern story with him where he isnt shown consciously absorbing non solar energy or is seen being significantly stronger then last week fighting an even bigger stronger more ruthless villain which he barely survived against?

maybe a story where his durability is consistent through out the story and doesnt upset the pre established hisory of last month.

one month doesn't set the standard.

Superman has not shown an actual definable limit to his strength or durability, and even when he's been beaten, it's only been by character's whose strength rivals his own at times.

his strength and durability are dynamic, and have been for a while, so it IS within character and set precedents.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 27th, 2010 05:50 AM
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

So here is to discuss about Superman? or off topic about Superman?

Thank You Prof. T.C McAbe, You are Superman!

Old Post Apr 13th, 2012 03:43 AM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Diesldude

How long will they keep dcnu superman at these regular kryptonian levels? Now where's my beer?

Old Post Aug 31st, 2012 02:03 PM
Diesldude is currently offline Click here to Send Diesldude a Private Message Find more posts by Diesldude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Diesldude
How long will they keep dcnu superman at these regular kryptonian levels? Now where's my beer?

No idea @ both.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 7th, 2012 08:15 AM
SMIFF-N-WESSON

Originally posted by -Pr-
No idea @ both.

Can't help you with the beer as I have my own but I do have 2 questions.

Are they trying to make him fight at a cosmic level at some point?

I mean he is Superman but since he is extraterrestrial (by our standards) shouldnt he be a cosmic level hero by now?

Old Post Sep 26th, 2012 02:37 AM
SMIFF-N-WESSON is currently offline Click here to Send SMIFF-N-WESSON a Private Message Find more posts by SMIFF-N-WESSON Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

Doomsday didn't really "kill" superman did he..he comes back to life. And if im not mistaken then both "killed" each other at the same time? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2012 02:59 AM
Supra is currently offline Click here to Send Supra a Private Message Find more posts by Supra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by Supra
Doomsday didn't really "kill" superman did he..he comes back to life. And if im not mistaken then both "killed" each other at the same time? Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Superman's solar reserves were completely drained fighting Doomsday and he ended up falling into a coma that resembles death. So he looked dead to us, but he really wasn't. Doomsday died a few moments before Clark.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Dec 24th, 2012 03:06 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Zack Fair
Superman's solar reserves were completely drained fighting Doomsday and he ended up falling into a coma that resembles death. So he looked dead to us, but he really wasn't. Doomsday died a few moments before Clark.

Gotcha, so doomsday is mortal and can be killed. I've seen some say he is immortal. He's not a god so he must be mortal right?

Also since there was no kryptonite used against kal el durning that fight and the sun was out during the long battle how did supe get so low on energy?

Old Post Dec 24th, 2012 03:20 AM
Supra is currently offline Click here to Send Supra a Private Message Find more posts by Supra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

Zach Snyder will make Superman a pimp like he did Leonidas.

"Compounding these trickster aspects, the Joker ethos is verbally explicated as such by his psychiatrist, who describes his madness as "super-sanity." Where "sanity" previously suggested acquiescence with cultural codes, the addition of "super" implies that this common "sanity" has been replaced by a superior form, in which perception and processing are completely ungoverned and unconstrained"

Old Post Jan 12th, 2013 03:49 AM
KillaKassara is currently offline Click here to Send KillaKassara a Private Message Find more posts by KillaKassara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jedi90

Originally posted by Diesldude

it's already changing. the fanboys are in charge over there right now so consistency is out the window and favoritism is in effect. the only good news is that they have been put on notice by WB.

"I don't give them hell, I just tell them the truth and they think it's hell."

Old Post Feb 13th, 2013 02:05 AM
jedi90 is currently offline Click here to Send jedi90 a Private Message Find more posts by jedi90 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Nah, I don't think the Superman fanboys have enough saying on movies or comics. Is not like this is a George Lucas/Disney owned franchise.

George Lucas DO really changes things for the Fanboys, ever heard about mark hammil as luke in the new movie???

Hahahahahaha, yeah sure, a 70 year old princess lea is very appealing to the non fanboys.

Nah! This movie is not made by boy toy lucas, so dont worry, no fanboy is going to ruin the movie, case in point the new costume.

Wrong once again

Thank You Prof. T.C McAbe, You are Superman!

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2013 10:56 PM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

DCNU's got such a profitable little scheme on Superman.

They're playing him off as superior intellectually and in powers to all the other metahumans save the Flash's raw speed, and their spreading out his mainstream story arc among action comics, Supergirl, AND Superboy - whilst also putting other Superheroes in the mix of HIS over-sized story arc; and then there's the Justice League.

What has he become the DC's main story?? He is the Messianic Chosen one? The only real super hero? And now they're playing it off like his powers are limited only by his mind, which is why he can easily surpass the likes of H'el, Darkseid, and even Helspont if he really let lose in his Kryptonian development.

"Compounding these trickster aspects, the Joker ethos is verbally explicated as such by his psychiatrist, who describes his madness as "super-sanity." Where "sanity" previously suggested acquiescence with cultural codes, the addition of "super" implies that this common "sanity" has been replaced by a superior form, in which perception and processing are completely ungoverned and unconstrained"

Old Post Mar 5th, 2013 06:52 PM
KillaKassara is currently offline Click here to Send KillaKassara a Private Message Find more posts by KillaKassara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

If Superman were to acquire a Blue Lantern Ring and could wield it....and flew into orbit of a Primordial Star (the early universe permitted the existence of far more massive stellar objects, and permitted light to travel faster) and reversed it's aging as Blue Lantern's have been known to do. The younger a star the more it powers up the Kryptonian, so by that reasoning if Superman were to reverse the aging of a Primordial Star into a Blue Star and keep it young, wouldn't just orbiting it amp him beyond a Cube Level being?? Much less going sun dip, or sun dip for a few thousand years.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2013 04:32 AM
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Supra
Gotcha, so doomsday is mortal and can be killed. I've seen some say he is immortal. He's not a god so he must be mortal right?

That's Doomsday's main super power. When he dies his cells ressurect immune to what killed him before. In this case a Kryptonian's Power Set. He comes back in Hunter Prey.

quote:
Also since there was no kryptonite used against kal el durning that fight and the sun was out during the long battle how did supe get so low on energy?

Too much heat vision, too much flight, too much exertion, it exhausted his reserves trying to damage Doomsday, who had unlimited stamina, and similar indestructibility to that of a Kryptonian. According to All-Star Superman Doomsday's dna had developed kryptonite from his countless deaths on Krypton. Although I don't know how it could have been irradiated as Doomsday was offworld during Krypton's destruction.

Last edited by KillaKassara on Mar 7th, 2013 at 04:57 AM

Old Post Mar 7th, 2013 04:43 AM