KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Deadpool Movie

Deadpool Movie
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DeathKap
Vaizard

I liked the wolverine movie. They did well. Could of been better i admit. Much better than 3rd xmen. Hopfully they don't screw DP up

Sig By Starlock

Old Post Jun 25th, 2009 04:47 PM
DeathKap is currently offline Click here to Send DeathKap a Private Message Find more posts by DeathKap Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

im not worried about Fox fking it up. Im worried that its gonna get a sh1tty scypt and noone would want to watch it. I cant picture anyone say "Hey remember that ugly bold guy with lasers from Wolverine movie? Well, there's a movie made about him, wanna go see it?"

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2009 09:04 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wade's scene in the elevator was the best thing about the Wolverine movie, for me.

It definitely captured that mind-boggling annoyance of Deadpool, yet it's also funny and you can tell that it's appreciated by SOME of the people who are around him. I was a bit iffy about the whole part where he deflected bullets, because while I don't doubt Deadpool may be able to do that, he probably wouldn't.

I do not doubt that Ryan Reynolds is the best guy for the job that we know of. He's a massive fan of the comics to the point that he can quote Deadpool, he seems really enthusiastic about making this as faithful as possible.

"As possible" meaning that yes, there will be changes. I don't see why there ever needs to be, but there always are. However, as Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk showed, you can change the origin and still make it a massively faithful movie, why? Because there are two kinds of faithful; character and story.

Were Iron Man and Hulk massively faithful STORY movies? Not necessarily. Should they have been? Yeah. Were they good anyway? Yeah. However, were they faithful CHARACTER movies? Absolutely. I don't think there's been a better casting than Robert Downey Jr. Regardless of the story, Iron Man was Iron Man.

As long as they keep the story faithful ENOUGH, I will tolerate it so long as Deadpool is Deadpool to the max.

Reynolds is not a huge actor, never has he had a major movie role (Critically or financially) outside of chick flicks. So, will he sacrifice Deadpool for the money made by a blockbuster? Will he swallow his ego and allow himself to be under a mask most of the time and if not, allow himself to be made to look horrifically scarred? Tobey Maguire wasn't huge, but he balanced the mask time/unmasked time well, I think.

Reynolds has already said they're gonna have THE suit and THE scarred face. Not A suit, THE suit. I can understand X-Men not wearing yellow spandex, but Deadpool's is a red and black mercenary/ninja outfit. It's not outlandish. I also remember him saying that they were currently working out what the story would be and who'd be in it.

My dream would be Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool, in a Quentin Tarantino directed movie, with tons of Kill Bill style violence. Gory, but playfully so. It'd be hilarious, violent and exciting. However, that's not gonna happen. I just hope what we get is no less than Deadpool deserves.

I hear they're gonna give him the ability to take powers from dead or injured mutants, which sucks. However, it might be passable if they just don't use it stupidly. NO more eye beams, please.

Teleporting...fine. They've got a loophole there, because he does have a teleporter, it's just not in his powers.

I won't hold it against Reynolds if they f*ck it up, because he's one man and Fox gets what Fox wants. That said, the only people who should be able to judge this properly are real Deadpool fans. Not internet Deadpool fans.

People who see a few funny panels and think that's all there is to him need to stop the delusional sense of criticism. I've read Deadpool's comics since '93/'94, I own every main 616 appearance he's ever made, and I don't believe Wade Wilson was bad in the movie. Quite the opposite. Deadpool, though? Horrid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29cF...feature=related

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Last edited by Alpha Centauri on Jul 3rd, 2009 at 04:03 PM

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2009 04:01 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I know personally what i've seen of Deadpool is some of those "few funny panels" floating around on the net and also his recent apperence in Wolverine Origins, A back issue of New Mutants of Deadpools first apperence which was included with Wolverine Origin #25 and scans from his latest comics.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2009 04:44 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Precisely.

He's a trendy character to say that you like now, but when you get into debates, hardly anyone knows a thing about the guy.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2009 10:47 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Will Deadpool Break The Fourth Wall In The Movie?

Old Post Jul 5th, 2009 03:02 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

http://www.superherohype.com/news/x-mennews.php?id=8478

Deadpool Will Break the Fourth Wall
Source:Empire
July 5, 2009

Empire chatted with Ryan Reynolds and asked him an interesting question about the upcoming "X-Men" spin-off, Deadpool, in which he'll reprise his role from the "Wolverine" movie.

Reynolds says Deadpool will breach the fourth wall: "Break the fourth wall? Oh yeah, he's got to. I want to see him break the Great Wall"... "The studio's working on a script and trying to find a director. The main goal is to make sure it stays close to the source material."

A release date has not yet been set for the film.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2009 11:30 AM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nestical
The dead,are not silent

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mindset
Gary Busey should play Deadpool.

he's going to pull your endicrine(sp?) system out of your body

I'M A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYWHERE SO I'M NOWHERE AT ALL

Old Post Jul 8th, 2009 08:57 AM
Nestical is currently offline Click here to Send Nestical a Private Message Find more posts by Nestical Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadoAngelus
Zanpakuto

Originally posted by The Nuul
http://www.superherohype.com/news/x-mennews.php?id=8478

Deadpool Will Break the Fourth Wall
Source:Empire
July 5, 2009

Empire chatted with Ryan Reynolds and asked him an interesting question about the upcoming "X-Men" spin-off, Deadpool, in which he'll reprise his role from the "Wolverine" movie.

Reynolds says Deadpool will breach the fourth wall: "Break the fourth wall? Oh yeah, he's got to. I want to see him break the Great Wall"... "The studio's working on a script and trying to find a director. The main goal is to make sure it stays close to the source material."

A release date has not yet been set for the film.

the fourth wall breakage could be interesting...but not sure how it's going to be done effectively. i mean, most of the time when a character in a film talks to the audience it doesn't seem right, just seems cheesy...but we'll see.

i've still got an open mind about this film, because i'm yet to see the wolverine movie and think it's rubbish.

CadoAngelus - Savior, Conqueror, Hero, Villain.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2009 12:16 PM
CadoAngelus is currently offline Click here to Send CadoAngelus a Private Message Find more posts by CadoAngelus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

This could be in a holding pattern for a long time, if Ryan Reynolds is still doing it (he's busy with that ring slinger at DC.) It's gonna be a few years away, now.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Aug 4th, 2009 03:05 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Rob Liefeld is Pumped for the Deadpool Movie!

quote:
Source:Twitter, Edward Douglas September 22, 2009

When it comes to outspoken comic creators, you can't really top Rob Liefeld--okay, maybe Mark Millar--the young artist who came to fame in the early '90s on hot Marvel books like "The New Mutants," in which he created popular characters like Cable, Deadpool, Domino and others before departing Marvel to form Image Comics.

Since his creation Deadpool was introduced in X-Men Origins: Wolverine earlier this year, Liefeld has been a great cheerleader for the movie, having returned to Marvel Comics in recent years to revive some of his characters there.

According to Liefeld on Twitter, he met with Lauren Schuler Donner and her team earlier today to discuss the direction for the planned Deadpool spin-off movie, and he seemed very excited about their plans for the character he created. Some of the stuff he tweeted wasn't very newsworthy like the fact that Ryan Reynolds would continue to play the character, but he did seem hopeful that they were going to retain a lot more of the character's persona that made him so popular among the fans. (Check out the second tweet below.)

Liefeld's tweets follow:

"Great Deadpool movie meeting! Lauren Schuler Donner and her team are headed in the right direction!"

"Deadpool movie checklist- DP in costume-check! Breaking 4th wall-check! Loads of killing-double check!"

"Deadpool movie- YES! Ryan Reynolds is on board!!!"

And then the most interesting one:

"Also excited to discuss possibilities of Cable in future X-films!!!"

One would expect that Donner and 20th Century Fox would eventually get around to introducing Cable--the aged son of Jean Grey and Scott Summers in an alternate timeline--in a future "X-Men" installment, but it's even more promising to learn that Liefeld is involved in the development, something that could help to make it happen even sooner

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2009 05:10 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Dec 9th, 2009 05:37 AM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't question his love for Deadpool, although nobody has really quizzed him on the comics.

I question how much influence he'll have. That and the fact that I do not know if he wants to be Deadpool more than he wants to be Deadpool accurately.

Could be horrible, could be amazing. Far too little to judge right now. I'm gonna go with mishandled, simply because Marvel themselves can't seem to figure out how to handle him currently; why would Fox?

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2009 05:09 AM
roughrider
Thunderer

After finally watching HOT FUZZ on the weekend, I think Marvel should get Edgar Wright as Director, without hesitation. I don't know why he's worked on an ANT MAN film proposal - his exaggerated style is perfectly suited to the Deadpool comics. Simon Pegg could even come along in a supporting role, or co-write with Wright as he usually does.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Mar 15th, 2010 03:22 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

I've seen Ryan Reynolds in Blade 3. Yup he will be perfect as Deadpool.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2010 03:43 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Originally posted by Deadline
I've seen Ryan Reynolds in Blade 3. Yup he will be perfect as Deadpool.

IF hes written properly!

Old Post Mar 15th, 2010 04:34 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Originally posted by The Nuul
IF hes written properly!

Of course but seeing what he did in Blade 3 indicates what potential he has.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2010 04:56 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

And with FOX, they showed us so far that DP is horrible.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2010 05:56 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

No, they showed us that the abomination in Wolverine's movie was horrible.

They showed us that in his 15 seconds of screen time Ryan Reynolds was the best thin about the movie. The elevator scene, I mean.

This is going to be a total reboot and it's going to hopefully convey Wade and Deadpool as they're intended.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2010 12:35 AM
Misfit Justice

although i have mixed feelings about movies being in 3-d, i feel like a deadpool 3-d movie could be a very promising outlet for allowing the character to break the fourth wall very well. he could make some witty comment about how annoying they are to wear or something and just come out of the screen when he wants to talk to the audience. eh. i don't know, but i'm still really excited about this movie happening

Old Post Jun 6th, 2010 08:09 AM
Misfit Justice is currently offline Click here to Send Misfit Justice a Private Message Find more posts by Misfit Justice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote