KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » 3D Realms Closes [Confirmed]

3D Realms Closes [Confirmed]
Started by: JamesMan69

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ushgarak
No-one ever played DN3D for the story. It;s simply not something associated with Duke Nukem.

For me it was

quote:
it really was the strippers and kicking the urinals.

That grew old.....

Old Post May 12th, 2009 01:52 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yet it was what the majority remembers and it is CERTAINLY what distinguished it from other efforts at the time. You are almost alone in playing it for the story.

Like I say, the franchise kinda... missed the whole FPS revolution, so it had nothing else to offer.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post May 12th, 2009 02:09 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

you know what Ush? You're an eloquent mother fuker. How long did take you to acquire such discipline and patience involved in writing?

Old Post May 12th, 2009 06:43 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

it had some pretty hilarious / awesome weapons... and drinking water to regain health was pretty neat

and the tomb raider knock-off game was fairly entertaining as well

the only problem right now is that the license is in the wrong hands... if they gave it to some of the brighter minds of the industry.. there'd be hoes and toilets for everybody.. win/win situation.. amirite? big grin

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post May 12th, 2009 09:51 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

The original game had some pretty good action.

I love the XBOX 360 arcade version.

In good hands, the franchise could come back. Either a total reboot, or a game similiar to Serious Sam, or Painkiller.

Old Post May 12th, 2009 10:52 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

hey, i liked legendary, so i'll play anything. I'm still trying to figure out why that game is so bad. I thought it was hella fun.

Old Post May 13th, 2009 12:38 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
The original game had some pretty good action.

Yeah the old platformer game great times, What was that Manhatten Project like?... because they tried to return Duke back to a platformer game with that one while keeping the new look.

Old Post May 13th, 2009 06:17 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Found out 3D Realms is still around

yes it was reported they closed permantly and speculation they were having trouble for funding...........but a statement this week saying they have'nt closed down and stilll hold the rights to Duke Nukem franchise.

Old Post May 29th, 2009 02:18 PM