KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » How do you react when you play a bad videogame?

How do you react when you play a bad videogame?
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Normally you can't trust reviews. One game (forgot its name because it was so bad) had a 8 out of 10. I figured that's a good score so I went and rented it. The game was so bad, not only did I return it in anger but I told the employee "You oughta warn me next time." Next I went back home and went on a videogame chatsite (not the one in KMC) and started giving it crap.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2009 07:41 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Normally you can't trust reviews. .

Depends really.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2009 08:44 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Premo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Never rent. If I buy a game, whether its just a random buy or I looked it up. I stick it in the draw and don't play again...unless I'm bored.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2009 12:31 PM
Premo is currently offline Click here to Send Premo a Private Message Find more posts by Premo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Balthier
Not Another Sky Pirate

"WTF?? Shit!! damn (the name of the game publisher)!! give me back my money!! i'd better play tetris than this!!"

but then i just leave it dusted in my cabinet

Old Post Jul 29th, 2009 04:42 AM
Balthier is currently offline Click here to Send Balthier a Private Message Find more posts by Balthier Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Normally you can't trust reviews. One game (forgot its name because it was so bad) had a 8 out of 10. I figured that's a good score so I went and rented it. The game was so bad, not only did I return it in anger but I told the employee "You oughta warn me next time." Next I went back home and went on a videogame chatsite (not the one in KMC) and started giving it crap.

I agree.

Reviews are random opinions by random people who play random games.

It does help sometimes... but it also helps a lot to read USER reviews and watch the trailer/s

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Jul 29th, 2009 07:08 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin_Volvagia

I very rarely play bad games and I only own one: MK Armageddon. Fortunately, this copy has UMK3 so it wasn't a complete waste.

How did I react to the main game? I played the game with all the characters plus some custom made and that was it. I tried beating the game again with Scorpion but the gameplay feels stiff, broken, and just not fun. It tried my best to like the game but it just didn't work.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2009 05:04 PM
Sin_Volvagia is currently offline Click here to Send Sin_Volvagia a Private Message Find more posts by Sin_Volvagia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site
Saikyo Pharaoh Sol Radguy

Regret and resentment shower over me. But I really don't react physically.

"Step back loser! Make way for the winner!"
-Anakaris-

Old Post Aug 1st, 2009 06:54 PM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

When I play a bad game I have to buy a new TV for reasons I will not...or rather am not at liberty to say....

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Aug 1st, 2009 07:17 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

I once bought a bad game and I responded to this situation by knocking books off a shelf and started to curse.

Very creative, I usually just burn them at the stake, and then trade them in at Gamestop or 3D games...

Old Post Sep 6th, 2009 05:23 AM
Mandrag Ganon is currently offline Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

I dont really ead reviews anymore, just word of mouth from my friends.

If I play a bad game, I usually ***** and moan about it. I dont return the game but rather let it rot away on the shelf.

"In the year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields at Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom."

Old Post Sep 6th, 2009 10:46 AM
Discos is currently offline Click here to Send Discos a Private Message Find more posts by Discos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

*CRUSH EVERYTHING!!!*

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Sep 6th, 2009 06:23 PM
Moriarty is currently offline Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

then pee on everything. embarrasment

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Sep 6th, 2009 06:24 PM
Moriarty is currently offline Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Toad

Waiting for the beginning.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2009 08:13 AM
Mr. Toad is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Toad a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Toad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

Indeed, only not really like that, i just kind of crumple the controller into a ball while muttering angry thoughts, slam teh console into the tv, shattering one and probably causing one to be irreparable, and then pee on it while its still plugged in, causing sparks.

yelling is soooo undignified.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Sep 7th, 2009 08:58 AM
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

I never buy bad games. I once thought I did when I bought Saints Row 2, but upon playing the game for more than 2 hrs I realized my instincts were spot on and it was a fun game.

The worst games I've got I rent, and instead of simply returning them immediately, I lie that they were bad copies, and pick up a better game for free in exchange.

Iboga chose not to fight, to allow himself to evolve. He had the wisdom to abandon the actions of war when he knew they would no longer serve him.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2009 11:23 PM
Allankles is currently offline Click here to Send Allankles a Private Message Find more posts by Allankles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote