KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Star Trek » Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online
Started by: Robtard

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
Oh, that was a 300 reference where the guy says the army will blot out the sun with its arrows, and the army fires so many arrows that it blots out all the sunlight.

oh. laughing out loud

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2009 05:30 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

They've set an "early 2010" release date, so it won't be all too long until I'm firing photon torpedoes up your b!tch asses, bitches.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Oct 21st, 2009 12:06 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Robtard
They've set an "early 2010" release date, so it won't be all too long until I'm firing photon torpedoes up your b!tch asses, bitches.

laughing out loud

aye. and the closed beta is right around the corner, they said. has everyone applied?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 21st, 2009 01:20 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

i cannot wait to buy it

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2009 12:18 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Got an email from Cryptic Studios:

"You can begin boldly going where no one has gone before on February 2, 2010, in North America, and February 5, 2010, in Europe."

Old Post Nov 12th, 2009 11:08 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Got an email from Cryptic Studios:

"You can begin boldly going where no one has gone before on February 2, 2010, in North America, and February 5, 2010, in Europe."

SWEET!

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 12th, 2009 11:56 AM
Radnarock

Ive applied for beta testing and DEFIANT IS WiN SAUCE IN A KEG!!!
I would get that or a sovgrin class ship (cant rember if thats how you spell it)

Old Post Nov 17th, 2009 11:17 AM
Radnarock is currently offline Click here to Send Radnarock a Private Message Find more posts by Radnarock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Radnarock
Ive applied for beta testing and DEFIANT IS WiN SAUCE IN A KEG!!!
I would get that or a sovgrin class ship (cant rember if thats how you spell it)

I'd imagine a Defiant class would be pure win in a fight.

Does your crew die-off during a fight? If so, this would probably be it's balancing-point in the game, as the Defiant Class can only carry so few.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2009 10:10 PM
Radnarock

Well the SOVEREIGN CLASS is the uss enterprise and I think yea I might just go for that cuz it is POWERFULL!!

Old Post Nov 19th, 2009 05:20 PM
Radnarock is currently offline Click here to Send Radnarock a Private Message Find more posts by Radnarock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Radnarock

does anyone know if the game is a down load or do we have to buy it?

Old Post Nov 25th, 2009 04:01 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Radnarock
does anyone know if the game is a down load or do we have to buy it?

you can probably buy it through steam, but either way it's going to cost money afaik...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 25th, 2009 08:15 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Depending on where you buy the game, it comes with different features.

Go to the bottom: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek_Online

A 'Borg Bridge Officer' could be useful, but the "KHAAAN!" emote is hard to pass up.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2009 09:24 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

the collectors edition is going to cost me a fortune, but i wants those ds9 uniforms, so...

ill probably pre-order at gamestop myself, due to not having access to most of the other stores...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Dec 26th, 2009 12:45 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

Balls, seems the gaming-console aspect has been dropped. This sucks for me, as my laptop (comp with the best graphics card) isn't a great card for gaming, just okay, at best. I was planning on running it on my Xbox.

So either I won't get to fire photon torpedoes up all your asses, or it just won't look as good while I'm doing it sad

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2010 10:35 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Balls, seems the gaming-console aspect has been dropped. This sucks for me, as my laptop (comp with the best graphics card) isn't a great card for gaming, just okay, at best. I was planning on running it on my Xbox.

So either I won't get to fire photon torpedoes up all your asses, or it just won't look as good while I'm doing it sad

what specs do you have?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2010 10:50 AM
CadoAngelus
Zanpakuto

owwww damnit. UK get the shit exclusive content...ball sacks

might have to go for the international special collector's edition then...

CadoAngelus - Savior, Conqueror, Hero, Villain.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2010 02:16 PM
CadoAngelus is currently offline Click here to Send CadoAngelus a Private Message Find more posts by CadoAngelus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Originally posted by CadoAngelus
owwww damnit. UK get the shit exclusive content...ball sacks

might have to go for the international special collector's edition then...

Amazon.co.uk Pre-Order Perk, Borg Bridge Officer

Thats the best one IMO.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2010 03:32 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by -Pr-
what specs do you have?

Dual Core 2.0mhz, will have 4gb of ram by next week. Installed Win7 Ultimate. Graphics card is an Nvidia Quadro FX 570M, basically a business-spec Nvidia Geforce 8600M-GT, with 256mb. I have the latest driver, so it should handle games in theory, just might need to overclock it, to get the FPS at some decent level for gaming.

Could get the FX 770m card, which would give me 512mb of ram and a slight increase in clock-speed, but that's at least $220.00, not sure I want to invest that just for Star Trek Online (or do I?), when I'm not 100% sure it will handle gaming, considering what these card are built for.

It's a decent comp overall, as it was around $2,200.00 when new a couple years ago and I got it for free. Just a business PC though. Mine does show a Gaming Graphic Index rating of 6.2, I suspect because I have the newest driver, came out this last December.

Last edited by Robtard on Jan 3rd, 2010 at 06:30 PM

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2010 06:18 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by The Nuul
Amazon.co.uk Pre-Order Perk, Borg Bridge Officer

Thats the best one IMO.

I agree it is, if the Borg comes with all the awesome goodness a Borg drone should give. But I have a feeling it's just for looks and the Borg won't do anything special above and beyond your other crew.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2010 06:24 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Dual Core 2.0mhz, will have 4gb of ram by next week. Installed Win7 Ultimate. Graphics card is an Nvidia Quadro FX 570M, basically a business-spec Nvidia Geforce 8600M-GT, with 256mb. I have the latest driver, so it should handle games in theory, just might need to overclock it, to get the FPS at some decent level for gaming.

Could get the FX 770m card, which would give me 512mb of ram and a slight increase in clock-speed, but that's at least $220.00, not sure I want to invest that just for Star Trek Online (or do I?), when I'm not 100% sure it will handle gaming, considering what these card are built for.

It's a decent comp overall, as it was around $2,200.00 when new a couple years ago and I got it for free. Just a business PC though. Mine does show a Gaming Graphic Index rating of 6.2, I suspect because I have the newest driver, came out this last December.

sounds a lot like mine, tbh. im sure on lower settings you'll run it, as i was able to cn champions online, which has similar specs...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2010 07:29 PM