KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » Green Goblin vs Venom

Green Goblin vs Venom
Started by: spidermanrocks

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
spidermanrocks

Question Green Goblin vs Venom

If the original Green Goblin (Norman Osborn) got into a fight with the original Venom (Eddie Brock), who do you think will win? In my opinion, I think GG would probably win. How about you?

Old Post May 31st, 2009 09:43 PM
spidermanrocks is currently offline Click here to Send spidermanrocks a Private Message Find more posts by spidermanrocks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
harri
I may be a geek

Venom, Eddie Brock would pretty much batter Green Goblin.

Venom is to fast and strong for GG.
I do think though that GG would beat Mac Gargan so called Venom.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2009 05:35 PM
harri is currently offline Click here to Send harri a Private Message Find more posts by harri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Micheal_Myers
KMC's resident thrasher!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by harri
Venom, Eddie Brock would pretty much batter Green Goblin.

Venom is to fast and strong for GG.
I do think though that GG would beat Mac Gargan so called Venom.

Mac Gargan part seems biased. Though Gargan does blow as Venom last I checked he was still really strong.

Venom would probably beat the Green Goblin. The only way Venom would lose is if Norman somehow figured out the whole sonics thing.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2009 07:25 AM
Micheal_Myers is currently offline Click here to Send Micheal_Myers a Private Message Find more posts by Micheal_Myers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
harri
I may be a geek

I was not being biased mate. I waS pointing out that i believe that Green Goblin is too intelligent for Mac.

My personal opinion of Mac Gargan have no effect on my opinion of Green Goblin vs Venom.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2009 02:03 PM
harri is currently offline Click here to Send harri a Private Message Find more posts by harri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Originally posted by Micheal_Myers
Mac Gargan part seems biased. Though Gargan does blow as Venom last I checked he was still really strong.

Venom would probably beat the Green Goblin. The only way Venom would lose is if Norman somehow figured out the whole sonics thing.

GG already knows about his weakness to sonics.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Jun 6th, 2009 03:11 PM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

I reckon GG could win, Norman is incredibly smart, he's not just gonna go in and use pumpkin bombs on Eddie.

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jun 6th, 2009 03:38 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Micheal_Myers
KMC's resident thrasher!

Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
GG already knows about his weakness to sonics.

Then GG takes the win with ease.

quote:
I was not being biased mate. I waS pointing out that i believe that Green Goblin is too intelligent for Mac.

Is Eddie Brock even any smarter than Mac Gargan? The only way ANY Venom can take GG is by pure ability. I dont think any of them will outsmart Norman Osborne.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2009 10:23 PM
Micheal_Myers is currently offline Click here to Send Micheal_Myers a Private Message Find more posts by Micheal_Myers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix2001

As far as Eddie's intelligence is concerned, I'm under the impression that he has about the same level of education as Peter, he just doesn't excel in science in the way that Peter does.

However, when you take in consideration his previous encounters with other technies who are extremely well prepared, I have serious doubt that Venom could take GG.

The only way Venom could win is if he took GG totally by unawares, which Venom seems to do very well to anyone.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2009 03:49 PM
Phoenix2001 is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix2001 a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix2001 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

I'd go with the Green Goblin on this, especially if he's prepped.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2009 07:23 PM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Davis Bloome
Death Must Follow

If this fight is with prep, the Green Goblin wins, but if it's a straight up brawl, Venom wins. He's a lot stronger than the Green Goblin. The Green Goblin is usually shown as having strength equal to Spidey's or a little higher whereas Venom is shown as a powerhouse compared to Spidey whom he usually always owns in a fight.

Whirlwind of Chaos

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 09:52 AM
Davis Bloome is currently offline Click here to Send Davis Bloome a Private Message Find more posts by Davis Bloome Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PRAYERRUN

certainly Norman would win if he knew about the sonic thing. Physically, venom wins. It's like a hunter against a lion. you can shoot a lion, but you wouldn't wanna get into a physical fight with one.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 10:12 PM
PRAYERRUN is currently offline Click here to Send PRAYERRUN a Private Message Find more posts by PRAYERRUN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Davis Bloome
Death Must Follow

Exactly, that's a great analogy, and basically sums up this fight. Quite honestly, there shouldn't be anyone who believes the GG is stronger than Venom. Venom would destroy him in a fight.

Whirlwind of Chaos

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2009 10:36 AM
Davis Bloome is currently offline Click here to Send Davis Bloome a Private Message Find more posts by Davis Bloome Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
greenking
the 1

that's not even a challange look even if gg knows his weakness venom will still pick gg apart venom will change forms and kill gg with pure strength and speed now dont get me wrong gg is just like batman needs gadgets to win he will run out in lose

Old Post Jul 7th, 2009 04:45 AM
greenking is currently offline Click here to Send greenking a Private Message Find more posts by greenking Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
harri
I may be a geek

Yea, in a real fight, Venom no doubt. Venom is so much better than Green Goblin physically.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2009 03:26 PM
XanZan

Venom would crush him with ease.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2009 06:59 AM
XanZan is currently offline Click here to Send XanZan a Private Message Find more posts by XanZan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Davis Bloome
Death Must Follow

I wouldn't say with ease, but Venom will take this fight.

I also want to add that as far as who the better villain is, there's no question about it. The Green Goblin is likely one of the greatest villains in comic book history. Venom, while a favorite of mine, doesn't come close to touching the Goblin's streak of chaos, imo.

Whirlwind of Chaos

Old Post Apr 7th, 2010 05:17 AM
BlackZero30x
Jack

Originally posted by Micheal_Myers

idk to me it seem Gargan is like the John Stewart of the Venom world....he can use the powers but he sucks at it lol

but yea Venom takes the majority unless goblin is prepared for him

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Apr 10th, 2010 05:30 AM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix2001

You know... the writers hinted at changing hosts again for Venom. If the symbiote latches itself to Osborn, how pointless would this thread be then?

Old Post Apr 11th, 2010 05:54 AM
Phoenix2001 is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix2001 a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix2001 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iceyvenomhead

As far as normal power goes venom would win but venom fights with pure hate and might not make the right moves and gg has a lot of weapons to use at hand BUT if venom could get his glider it would be easy for venom to win so would say both but I think that the green goblin would win more easily when push comes to shove.

Old Post May 9th, 2010 09:26 PM
iceyvenomhead is currently offline Click here to Send iceyvenomhead a Private Message Find more posts by iceyvenomhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote