KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Halo Reach

Halo Reach
Started by: Mandrag Ganon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (34): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sappho
Self-Made

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NemeBro
Every franchise there other than maybe Ratchet and Clank(cannot say) is a longtime franchise that have continued to preserve their leetness(although DK is really just a spin-off of Mario).

ratchet and clank pwnz all there asses.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 03:34 AM
Sappho is currently offline Click here to Send Sappho a Private Message Find more posts by Sappho Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Yeah... not really.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 04:23 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

Originally posted by Mandrag Ganon
And how do you think they became long time franchises? By continuing to make games.

this is a truth, a game becomes a franchise by it creator getting greedy and money hungry and exploiting the shit out of its fame.

as for odst, why are people complaining and calling bungie lazy its an expansion not a new game. the graphics should be the same and the gameplay should only have slight modifications. its an extention of a game already out not somthing entirely new.

Last edited by AthenasTrgrFngr on Jun 2nd, 2009 at 04:37 AM

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 04:30 AM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Originally posted by WO Polaski
as for odst, why are people complaining and calling bungie lazy its an expansion not a new game. the graphics should be the same and the gameplay should only have slight modifications. its an extention of a game already out not somthing entirely new.

but they arent spartans.. they shouldnt run exactly the same.. and because they lack the power and ability of said spartans.. the weapons should handle completely different.. i.e. hella recoil on the sniper.. no more bustin off 12 caps of shotgun without your reticle going to the roof, and snipin people with a pistol from half the map away... they should be good yes, but not god-mode good

also bungie, bring back the stun of the plasma rounds ffs.. no point having different weapon sets if they have exactly the same effects as human weapons

and I'd like alternate fire modes as well

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 06:30 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

The only reason why Bungie are milking Halo is because they have nothing else to their name, and it seems they can't be bothered to come up with a new series...so I guess they'll keep on churning out Halo titles.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 01:55 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

They could always go back to Marathon. Halo was their big seller, ofcourse they'll stick with it untill it doesn't sell anymore. Why gamble on something that may or may not fail when they have a gold mine out there?

Cliffy B. has already said that that is what he plans for Gears of War, the diference here is that Halo is actually well done...

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 02:23 PM
Mandrag Ganon is currently offline Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

Oh, and everyone knows that recent Sonic games have sucked (Dark Brotherhood excluded), but it continues limp on, and people still buy the games.

HAH! I smell a Bioware fanboy.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 02:35 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

They could always go back to Marathon. Halo was their big seller, ofcourse they'll stick with it untill it doesn't sell anymore. Why gamble on something that may or may not fail when they have a gold mine out there?

Cliffy B. has already said that that is what he plans for Gears of War, the diference here is that Halo is actually well done...

Difference being no it's not.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 03:12 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

.. yeah okay.. lol.. I'm sorry but the cover system alone runs halo into the dirt

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 09:10 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
The only reason why Bungie are milking Halo is because they have nothing else to their name, and it seems they can't be bothered to come up with a new series...so I guess they'll keep on churning out Halo titles.

They're a company. They are out to make money, like any other company.

Would you expect Nintendo to drop Mario?

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 11:11 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
[B]but they arent spartans.. they shouldnt run exactly the same.. and because they lack the power and ability of said spartans.. the weapons should handle completely different.. i.e. hella recoil on the sniper.. no more bustin off 12 caps of shotgun without your reticle going to the roof, and snipin people with a pistol from half the map away... they should be good yes, but not god-mode good

well for the first part int he games the cheif doesnt run faster the the marines do nor is many times stronger. in fact everything he can do the marines can pretty much do actually they can do them better like aiming.

as for recoil i agree there should be a lot of it since the marines are supposed to be weaker. and were did you see a marine sniping someone with a pistol? that brings me back to the halo 1 days lol. most overpwoered gun ever.

quote:
also bungie, bring back the stun of the plasma rounds ffs.. no point having different weapon sets if they have exactly the same effects as human weapons

oh god i agree >.<

gears of war bores me personally. i used to like it but i prefer halo so much more. the gameplay is better in halo imo.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2009 03:52 AM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
The only reason why Bungie are milking Halo is because they have nothing else to their name,

Ummmm your wrong there

They also have Marathon and Myth for game series but yeah seems like they won't be going back to them anytime soon.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2009 07:32 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

.. yeah okay.. lol.. I'm sorry but the cover system alone runs halo into the dirt

QFT

Originally posted by Kazenji
Ummmm your wrong there

They also have Marathon and Myth for game series but yeah seems like they won't be going back to them anytime soon.

they had a good thing going with Marathon... it then later become HALO...

but come on, a new IP could be refreshing...
... or at least a sequel to Marathon

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2009 04:49 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Originally posted by H. S. 6
They're a company. They are out to make money, like any other company.

Would you expect Nintendo to drop Mario?

thy also talk about how much they love games. you'd atleast think they would try something new

when they said halo 3 was last i was hoping they would stop, but nope all that means is a whole bunch of prequels and spin offs

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2009 04:55 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

I'm talking story wise.

Originally posted by Quincy
HAH! I smell a Bioware fanboy.

Nah, the only thing I could truly be consitered a fanboy of is Zelda *Points to username*

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2009 04:59 PM
Mandrag Ganon is currently offline Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tsal Can

Halo FTW!!!!

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2009 05:02 PM
Tsal Can is currently offline Click here to Send Tsal Can a Private Message Find more posts by Tsal Can Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Originally posted by jalek moye
thy also talk about how much they love games. you'd atleast think they would try something new

when they said halo 3 was last i was hoping they would stop, but nope all that means is a whole bunch of prequels and spin offs

Bungie has only announced one prequel, and one spin off.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2009 05:03 PM
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Bungie has only announced one prequel, and one spin off.

thats how it starts, but soon it shall be more

sad

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2009 05:12 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Halo is a popular series that sells, of course they will make more. And you know what? I welcome them. I like the games, and I won't think it is rediculus untill they start making as many Halo games as square does Final Fantasy games (Of which there are alot).

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2009 07:01 PM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

I definitely like the story.. but I didnt care for alot of the predictable plot strings.. but I did enjoy the sub-plots

and hell.. 4 player co-op is amazing.. even if you despise the game, you're sure to get some enjoyment with friends

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2009 09:26 PM