KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Metroid: Other M

Metroid: Other M
Started by: Mandrag Ganon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (22): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Jello
Update. the game is now called Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story

...rather odd name for a Metroid game, isn't it? stick out tongue

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2009 12:19 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

wrong thread, my bad.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2009 12:50 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Originally posted by General Kaliero
Yeah, the "Lady" quote implies rather heavily that that was Adam Malkovich.

Then that means this is her Pre-bounty hunter years... Should be interesting, and a bit different.

But I've been looking forward to Adam being in the games.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2009 01:38 AM
Mandrag Ganon is currently offline Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

I'm kinda hoping she doesn't even use the suit the first quarter of the game and that the end involves the theft of the metroid.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2009 01:42 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

It's sad, too, because most Metroid fans haven't played Return of Samus, and it was actually a really good game and introduced a great many of the current series' staples.

Indeed (at least from what I saw of it). I'm one of the most who didn't get to play it too. Still the only Metroid game to this day that has not been in my grasp. erm

Oh well.

I just looked at the trailer again and paused on the screen that was flashed for a second. It said "Living body arms development lab" across the top. Looks like clones. That does not help my trepidation.

...rather odd name for a Metroid game, isn't it? stick out tongue

Originally posted by Mandrag Ganon
Then that means this is her Pre-bounty hunter years... Should be interesting, and a bit different.

But I've been looking forward to Adam being in the games.

In his human form you mean? stick out tongue

Wonder if Admiral Dane from Metroid Prime 3 might be in this too.

I'm kinda hoping she doesn't even use the suit the first quarter of the game and that the end involves the theft of the metroid.

What the f**k? Why that?

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2009 01:58 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Cuz it's something new and original. Also, I'm pretty sure the used game store by my house has a couple of copies of metroid 2 for 10-20 bucks. I'm not sure if game force does online sales tho.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2009 02:49 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Cuz it's something new and original.

Doesn't mean it would be good. The idea sounds rather stupid IMO, but eh, you're entitled to your opinion too. I just don't want the series as a whole to slowly become more and more of a suitless Samus wank fest.

Also, I'm pretty sure the used game store by my house has a couple of copies of metroid 2 for 10-20 bucks. I'm not sure if game force does online sales tho.

Lucky. *never saw them at any of my local game stores*=(

And I'm rather iffy about buying online. >.>

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2009 05:11 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

You just have to find a non-chain used game store. Not that it should come up, but remember that Nintendo doesn't do region protection for their portable system so if you find foreign copy for cheap, you can play it on any nintendo portable console other than the DS.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2009 06:46 AM
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

I just hope that if they introduce a few potentially great supporting characters, [SPOILER - highlight to read]: they don't wing them out of the majority of the plot one tenth throught the game and worthlessly kill them off at their next appearance ala Metroid Prime 3

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2009 12:57 PM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Indeed (at least from what I saw of it). I'm one of the most who didn't get to play it too. Still the only Metroid game to this day that has not been in my grasp. erm

It was good, but probably my least favorite of the series.

In his human form you mean? stick out tongue

Yea... Not as programing on a ship. smile

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2009 07:11 PM
Mandrag Ganon is currently offline Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

I hope this has a deathmatch mode.. slammin my friends with super speed and then comboing their ass with super missiles would make for fun couch time

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2009 09:24 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

You just have to find a non-chain used game store. Not that it should come up, but remember that Nintendo doesn't do region protection for their portable system so if you find foreign copy for cheap, you can play it on any nintendo portable console other than the DS.

Hmm'k. I'll keep that in mind. Thanks (really).

Originally posted by First_Tsurugi06
I just hope that if they introduce a few potentially great supporting characters, [SPOILER - highlight to read]: they don't wing them out of the majority of the plot one tenth throught the game and worthlessly kill them off at their next appearance ala Metroid Prime 3

Oh God, I hope so too. Still rather bittersweet over what they did to Rundas and Gandrayda (never cared much for Ghor though).

But somehow, I won't be surprised if they kill off the black "Remember me?" guy.

Originally posted by Mandrag Ganon
It was good, but probably my least favorite of the series.

Yeah, I get that opinion a lot about the game. Still want to have it someday though.. just for the sake of having it I guess. stick out tongue

Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
I hope this has a deathmatch mode.. slammin my friends with super speed and then comboing their ass with super missiles would make for fun couch time

Agreed, assuming it isn't anything like Metroid Prime 2's multiplayer with only one character to choose from and incredibly small levels.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2009 12:49 AM
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Agreed, assuming it isn't anything like Metroid Prime 2's multiplayer with only one character to choose from and incredibly small levels.

I played Echos' multiplayer once, enjoyed it for about 5 seconds, then I realised that it was incredibly boring. Though I did go on to kick my friend's ass anyway. big grin

Old Post Jun 4th, 2009 03:13 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

lol Same here, but that was the only time I played it =p...

Also, badass higher-res images of Ridley and Mother Brain taken from the trailer:

(please log in to view the image)

Have a slight feeling Kraid might return too.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2009 04:52 AM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

I just don't want the series as a whole to slowly become more and more of a suitless Samus wank fest.

Oh snaps.. Metroid : Beach Volleyball~.. ba-dum bom~ ba-dum bom~

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jun 4th, 2009 07:39 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

lol Thankfully, I don't see Nintendo having the balls to try a stunt like that, as they are rather conservative with Metroid (as opposed to something like Mario) and they do like our money. They wouldn't alienate fans by makin' a game like that. Then again, I've been wrong about them before. erm

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Jun 4th, 2009 at 08:54 AM

Old Post Jun 4th, 2009 08:44 AM
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

lol Same here, but that was the only time I played it =p...

Also, badass higher-res images of Ridley and Mother Brain taken from the trailer:

Have a slight feeling Kraid might return too.

I don't know, the main difference between Ridley, Mother Brain, and Kraid is that Ridley, and Mother Brain are not denizens of Zebes, whereas Kraid is.

And, of course, Ridley has been in all but 3 Metroid games.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2009 12:46 PM
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

That thing looked like Grendel...

Old Post Jun 4th, 2009 02:03 PM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

Originally posted by First_Tsurugi06
That thing looked like Grendel...

laughing thought the same thing smile

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Jun 4th, 2009 05:56 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I understand the time period for this game is between MP3 and Fusion.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 5th, 2009 02:26 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote