KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Metroid: Other M

Metroid: Other M
Started by: Mandrag Ganon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (22): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

loving the battle worn Ridley look, overall he looks much more sinister especially if you were to compare it to SSBB's Ridley.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2009 04:05 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ushgarak
I understand the time period for this game is between MP3 and Fusion.

I dunno, if that is indeed Adam, then this is a prequel to the entire series.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2009 06:38 PM
Mandrag Ganon is currently offline Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
lol Thankfully, I don't see Nintendo having the balls to try a stunt like that, as they are rather conservative with Metroid (as opposed to something like Mario) and they do like our money. They wouldn't alienate fans by makin' a game like that. Then again, I've been wrong about them before. erm
I've read an interview with the new team ninja producer.. and he says that he's going to deal more with her inner beauty .. rather than the outer beauty approach of doa and doa volleyball.. lol..

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jun 5th, 2009 06:43 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Mandrag Ganon
I don't know, the main difference between Ridley, Mother Brain, and Kraid is that Ridley, and Mother Brain are not denizens of Zebes, whereas Kraid is.

And, of course, Ridley has been in all but 3 Metroid games.

True. Just a hunch though.

I understand the time period for this game is between MP3 and Fusion.

Yeah, though it was said to be between Super Metroid and Fusion to be more precise.

Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
loving the battle worn Ridley look, overall he looks much more sinister especially if you were to compare it to SSBB's Ridley.

Indeed. smile

Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
I've read an interview with the new team ninja producer.. and he says that he's going to deal more with her inner beauty .. rather than the outer beauty approach of doa and doa volleyball.. lol..

Oh joy. stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 5th, 2009 10:12 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I dunno, if that is indeed Adam, then this is a prequel to the entire series.

I don't think that is actually logically so at all.

But regardless, the creators have directly said about its timing (between SM and Fusion, as Ridley just said)

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Jun 6th, 2009 at 07:17 AM

Old Post Jun 5th, 2009 10:17 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

LOL@Metroid Volleyball

Hey she has been showing off her bikini since the 8bit days....just saying

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jun 5th, 2009 10:31 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Originally posted by Zack Fair
LOL@Metroid Volleyball

Hey she has been showing off her bikini since the 8bit days....just saying
... -_- .. you be quiet.. samus is always tasteful

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jun 5th, 2009 10:57 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

It could span several different periods in Samus' life. Hell, from the looks of it, it could even be a re-imagining of Super Metroid which would honestly be the stupidest ****ing thing they could ever do.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Jun 6th, 2009 09:06 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raijin
Yeah, changed name

Considering all the new characters I doubt it's a remake, the part where you see motherbrain blast the bigger metroid could easily be a flashback.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2009 09:33 AM
Raijin is currently offline Click here to Send Raijin a Private Message Find more posts by Raijin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Indeed. 'sides, Mother Brain transformed looks much more intimidating in 3D than it ever did in 2D to be fair, and that's the stupidest ****ing thing they could ever do how exactly?

Old Post Jun 6th, 2009 11:20 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

the creators have directly said about its timing (between SM and Fusion, as Ridley just said)

Ok, I hadn't seen that.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2009 02:25 PM
Mandrag Ganon is currently offline Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

any news on when the New Play Control versions of the first two Metroid Prime games are coming out in North America?

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Jun 6th, 2009 06:01 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

You didn't answer my question Darth Jello.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2009 08:57 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Originally posted by Darth Jello
any news on when the New Play Control versions of the first two Metroid Prime games are coming out in North America?

My understanding is that outside of Japan there will be a single trilogy release of all three games using the MP3 control scheme instead. Whilst it may seem a waste to buy MP3 again, you are still getting the first two for the price of one.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 6th, 2009 10:31 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Game looks great and fun.

I wanted the MP games to be 3rd person, for the most part, anyway. I didn't like the visor view. It was always annoying when trying to find those little shits attacking from different places, outside of visor view.

And I haven't played MP3...but I've played and beaten, horrendously, all the other games...including M2.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2009 11:32 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

This game really took me by surprise. I was thinking they'd take a break after MP3, or continue with the prime story arc after 3's hidden ending.

When I saw this, I did like the third person perspective, which would reminisce it back to the 2D games with the wall jumping and the 8 direction control, well, in 3D that would be 26 direction.

However, the whole anime graphics and high pitches samus voice, turned me away fast.

It looks like a bad movie adaptation.

I'll still be buying it, and I hope I'm wrong.

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Jun 11th, 2009 04:49 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Re: Metroid: Other M

Team Ninja and Nintendo have joined together to make a new edgier Metroid game...

Metroid: Other M.

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/58948

Hmm...I don't believe Team Ninja has any involvement what so ever. Just look at Samus. Her breasts are normal size. Team Ninja can't be involved.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2009 08:25 AM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

no expression

Old Post Jul 11th, 2009 08:46 AM
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
no expression

What's with that look. In retrospect, it's kind of plausible.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2009 09:32 AM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

A little something that got put up on the official site at some point and I just discovered due to insomnia. blink

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/j...oid-other/61427

Old Post Feb 17th, 2010 09:44 AM