KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » New Super Mario Bros. for the Wii

New Super Mario Bros. for the Wii
Started by: Mandrag Ganon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Peach
mordrem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ushgarak
'Milking' doesn't stick as an attack when the fanbase has been crying out for a non-handheld 2D Mario for over a decade. This is simply giving the fans what they want.

I also see no indication that it is simply a DS remake.

Well, there is the fact that they're calling it exactly the same as the DS one...

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2009 02:40 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Simple marketing. That's the brand name now. It's a completely new game.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2009 04:38 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

I dunno. I'm kind of losing faith in Nintendo in general lately. And considering what they've been doing a lot of lately I've no reason to believe it won't be a remake.

My little brother saw a video for this on TV, though, and promptly flipped out asking when it'd be out and if we could get it.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2009 04:41 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

At first, I thought it was the same game but for the Wii and with 4 people co-op. It's not bad because there's alot of people who have Wii that do not have a DS so giving them the DS version on the Wii is not a bad move at all. It's good for fans. And 4 people co-op could be a good party game.

But I've seen some videos from it and it looks like a new game. Now, I'm kinda of excited because I love 2D Mario and the MP looks kinda of promising and a bit different.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2009 05:20 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

If it is indeed a new game then awesome.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2009 05:26 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

My favorite Super Mario Bros. game still stands firm as Super Mario Bros. 3.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2009 07:12 PM
Mandrag Ganon is currently offline Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Confirmed by Miyamato in a BBC interview:

"People may mistake the game as a straight port of Super Mario Brothers Nintendo DS. This is an all new game. The levels are not the same, it's all new content. "

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 5th, 2009 05:09 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Then it's a must buy. I love 2D Mario games. Who cares about 4 player co-op.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2009 06:21 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by Ushgarak
Confirmed by Miyamato in a BBC interview:

"People may mistake the game as a straight port of Super Mario Brothers Nintendo DS. This is an all new game. The levels are not the same, it's all new content. "

Hmmmm. Well then yay. Because I definitely prefer 2D Mario over 3D Mario.

Also, my two younger siblings and my mom (who rarely plays games anymore but still loves the old NES Mario games) think it looks awesome and want it.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2009 06:24 PM
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

New game, fantastic! then as Smasandian said it's a must buy!

Wonder if Bowser will die again.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2009 06:26 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

ugh.. I still have to beat the first mario galaxy damnit.. ><

I definitely wanna check this out.. always welcome to have a multiplayer version of a game you know you're gonna like

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jun 5th, 2009 06:52 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I do love co-op games, but the ever-amusing Angry Video Game Nerd got a short play at E3 and he says it is more of an ass hole game than a co-op, as you do things like interrupt each others' jumps.

(which he said he loves)

EDIT: His full quote:

NEW SUPER MARIO BROS Wii – Of all the games I played at E3, this is the one that I had the most fun with. It’s in the style of “New Super Mario Bros” on DS, except it’s an all new game. It resembles Smash Bros from afar. But it’s very different. It’s simply a sidescrolling Mario game with 4 players at the same time. This means you all compete for coins and powerups and be a total dickhead toward’s the other players. It’s similar to the original “Mario Bros” arcade how you can get the other player killed, but just amplify that a million times. Say for example, the other player is trying to jump a pitfall. You can jump on top of their head and make them fall. It’s an ******* game! And that makes it fun. They should just call it "Super Mario Bros: *******".

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Jun 5th, 2009 at 10:23 PM

Old Post Jun 5th, 2009 10:11 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

On a slightly similar note...

Old Post Jun 5th, 2009 10:23 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I love it.

"Where did he get the barrel?"

Old Post Jun 5th, 2009 10:42 PM
Bro SMASH

Can't wait to play this game. I'm more of a 2D Mario game fan than a 3D Mario fan so I'm gonna definitely get this.

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/358/5/d/ultimate_crossover_by_vanishingwalker-d5kg5ey.jpg

Old Post Jun 5th, 2009 11:55 PM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Thats mean.. what has 3D mario's ever done to you guys

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jun 6th, 2009 02:42 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

The problem that I had with NSMB was that the pre-rendered graphics lose some of the charm of the original sprites and the only game that I've found to be an exception to this is Mario RPG. That and the fact that the game was relatively short and kind of low on secrets. I heard Bowser's kids are coming back but I would really like a huge abundance of levels. I mean Super Mario world had 72 levels and the full, e-carded Super Mario Bros. 3 had almost twice that number.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Jun 6th, 2009 09:17 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

actually, come to think of it, it only had two fewer levels than SMW, but it still can't top a complete SMB3's 128 (counting the e-reader levels).

By the way, if you want a truely classic experience, there's a project that's almost complete to fix Super Mario Bros. Special (the lost mario game!) so the mechanics are closer to the NES and it's more playable.

Last edited by Darth Jello on Jun 6th, 2009 at 09:56 AM

Old Post Jun 6th, 2009 09:52 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
On a slightly similar note...

Fantastic

Old Post Jun 6th, 2009 01:11 PM
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

No one would love to play a more playable version of Super Mario Bros. Special?

Old Post Jun 6th, 2009 05:54 PM