KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » New Super Mario Bros. for the Wii

New Super Mario Bros. for the Wii
Started by: Mandrag Ganon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Peach
mordrem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Jello
No one would love to play a more playable version of Super Mario Bros. Special?

Considering the fact that you're basically disrupting the thread by posting about something off-topic...no, don't really think anyone cares.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jun 6th, 2009 06:05 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

It's two classic 2-d mario style games coming out at just about the same time, I don't see the disruption.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Jun 6th, 2009 06:09 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

It's two classic 2-d mario style games coming out at just about the same time, I don't see the disruption.

I think she means rather then distrupting the talk about NSMB's wii, make a thread about that game.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2009 06:10 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

It has nothing to do with the topic of the thread, which is NSMB. And you've posted about it multiple times. That is being disruptive, because it's off-topic.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2009 06:13 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

alright, but my points about length of game and sprite based graphics remain valid.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2009 06:16 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bro SMASH

Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
Thats mean.. what has 3D mario's ever done to you guys

Hey, I didn't say I didn't like the 3D Mario games. But I'm just so use to playing 2D Mario games that I just tend to like them better.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2009 04:25 AM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

alright, but my points about length of game and sprite based graphics remain valid.

The game was too short.

Graphics are better then sprites by far, I hope any future 2D mario games continue this NSMB's style.

So I agree with one of your points.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2009 02:21 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

They lose their charm and sometimes look far worse than sprites

Old Post Jun 7th, 2009 06:34 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Not really.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2009 08:03 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

I think a good parallel would be the difference between traditional and computer animation. And are you honestly saying that the new art and graphics in New Super Mario Bros. or Mario Vs. Donkey Kong are more iconic and charming than that of 16-bit era Mario?

I actually found an article dealing with what I'm talking about.
http://nfggames.com/games/mariosprites/

Old Post Jun 7th, 2009 08:48 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I think a good parallel would be the difference between traditional and computer animation. And are you honestly saying that the new art and graphics in New Super Mario Bros. or Mario Vs. Donkey Kong are more iconic and charming than that of 16-bit era Mario?

Now you're just putting words in my mouth. Did I ever say/imply they were more iconic or anything? No. Was only disagreeing that they've lost their charm and that they look far worse than sprites, because they don't.

You're a nostalgia-obsessed guy who prefers 16-bit stuff over modern 3D games, we get it.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2009 08:55 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

no, I didn't say that at all I've enjoyed most of the post 64 era Nintendo games with the possible exception of Luigi's Mansion because it was kind of convoluted and lame and Super Mario Sunshine because I still haven't beaten it and actually think it's far too difficult for a Mario game. I just think Sprites work better for 2D games and while I liked the nostalgia factor of NSMB, I felt that because the graphics were prerendered that a certain charm and expressiveness had been lost. Possibly because the colors are less outlandish. The only 2D Mario game with prerendered graphics that I thought captured that charm was Mario RPG and that may be because of color or because the graphics look more like claymation than CGI.
I don't expect the new Wii game to recapture the feeling of the old games but I at least hope they make some improvement to NSMB in terms of color and expressiveness and that they bring back Koji Kondo to compose the music because NSMB's music was another factor I found inferior.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2009 09:07 PM
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Yeah Rid hit the nail on the head right there, the fact is NSMB's has a much better style then 8/16 bit sprites. Get over it, you like the retro look thats cool, but my god man we need to move forward you can't expect a series to live in the SNES era forever.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2009 09:13 PM
NemeBro

I love how Jello has just kinda been ignoring Lana.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2009 01:16 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Originally posted by NemeBro
I love how Jello has just kinda been ignoring Lana.

Hey, I'm discussing the topic, if you've got a problem, discuss it with the moderator instead of calling me out. I've been posting on these forums since 2003.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2009 01:30 AM
NemeBro

Kay. Good for you.

If you think I at all could give a damn at how much longer you have been posting on an online forum than me, you're sadly mistaken.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2009 01:53 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Jaxx, stop, please.

Darth Jello, really. This thread really isn't for the discussion of other games. Which I said already. And nobody cares how long you've been posting on here; it is completely irrelevant and will get you nothing special.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2009 02:01 AM
NemeBro

Alright, I'll stop, for you. love

Old Post Jun 8th, 2009 02:03 AM
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

I am discussing the game and what I expect from it based on what's come before.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2009 02:08 AM
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

I am discussing the game and what I expect from it based on what's come before.

No your whining and expressing interest in a game completely unrelated to NSMB's Wii

Old Post Jun 8th, 2009 01:44 PM