KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Voldemort vs. Saruman

Voldemort vs. Saruman
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
omgchos
The Man From Ireland

So should youbig grin

Old Post Jun 19th, 2009 08:33 PM
omgchos is currently offline Click here to Send omgchos a Private Message Find more posts by omgchos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by omgchos
Its called Isenguard and Saruman takes this one. He can bring down a mountain on someones head.

But can he do that avalanche faster than Voldermort can death spell?

Also, if they're both on Isenguard, how would be not also kill himself? Not that it matters, since the point above stands, I'm just curious.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jun 19th, 2009 08:37 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
Saruman can't die because he's a Maiar.
Well you wanna bring stuff from the books into this then Saruman was banished from physical form by being stabbed with a dagger from Wormtongue. no expression

It took a decent amount of time to use the avalanche, and he is far too close to use it on Voldemort, who can teleport anyway, when Voldemort just needs to use Avada Kedavra to win.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2009 01:26 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Luminatus
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by NemeBro
Well you wanna bring stuff from the books into this then Saruman was banished from physical form by being stabbed with a dagger from Wormtongue. no expression

And yet he'd still totally beat Voldemort, book or movie.

Hp doesn't even come close to LOTR in power.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2009 08:37 AM
Luminatus is currently offline Click here to Send Luminatus a Private Message Find more posts by Luminatus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Luminatus
And yet he'd still totally beat Voldemort, book or movie.

Hp doesn't even come close to LOTR in power.
And now why would that be? Because you say so?

While it is true that the top of LotR would utterly destroy HP, Saruman, would lose, because he is weaksauce.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2009 01:50 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

Nemebro is right. Voldemort takes the win. The hell is Saruman going to do? Launch the palantir at him?

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2009 01:10 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Dude...

It's like comparing apples to 32 ounces.

If both characters were in their mortal forms, nor horucruxes and no intangible forms, then Volds wins this absurdly fast.

If they both are their most common self, Voldy still wins no problem. In the LotRs universe, it takes much longer to cast a spell...so...that's why this isn't fair. If we gave Voldy the same rules....since they are in his universe, it takes much longer to manipulate the magics in that universe and much longer to cast spells.

I'm quite sure Moving Saruman to the HP-verse would net us some uber powerful wizards. It would be like moving Goku from 100x gravity to Planet Namek against the Ginyu force. It would feel like lifting tons of weight off of their shoulders...shoulders that were used to the extreme difficulty and mastery it takes to use magic in he LotRs verse.

But in either case, it would take each wizard quite some time to learn/get used to the magic of each universe, and how to manipulate it in that verse. However, Voldy still stomps as he can easily leech that info right out of someone's mind.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2009 08:25 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by dadudemon
It would be like moving Goku from 100x gravity to Planet Namek against the Ginyu force. It would feel like lifting tons of weight off of their shoulders...shoulders that were used to the extreme difficulty and mastery it takes to use magic in he LotRs verse.

Gayest post of the day, congrats.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2009 08:38 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2009 08:43 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonheartmm

saruman. that dagger only killed him after all his powers were taken away by gandalf.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2009 08:48 PM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Thank you. But I don't think you appreciate the humor as much as I do.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2009 09:15 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Thank you. But I don't think you appreciate the humor as much as I do.

I understood your gravity/DBZ reference, sir.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2009 09:35 PM
dadudemon

I understood your gravity/DBZ reference, sir.

I never said you didn't. I just said I don't think you appreciate the humor.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2009 09:59 PM
NemeBro

...Your post is wrong.

Voldemort's magic comes from himself. Not from his verse.

Same with Saruman.

Placing them in different verses would do...Nothing.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2009 10:05 PM
dadudemon

...Your post is wrong.

Voldemort's magic comes from himself. Not from his verse.

Same with Saruman.

Placing them in different verses would do...Nothing.

You're wrong. Magic people in each verse are magic because they can use the "magical energies" from each verse. It is very much like the force...you are either sensitive to it, or you're not...despite the fact that it's still there. Muggle vs. wizard. smile

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2009 10:23 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Yeah, but they'd most likely need an intermediate program like Wine to run their particular magic in another "verse", just saying. Even then, there could be unexpected compatibility issues and system freezes and/or crashes.

Think Orco, from He-Man. Grand wizards in one realm, bumbling retard in the another.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2009 11:14 PM
dadudemon

Yeah, but they'd most likely need an intermediate program like Wine to run their particular magic in another "verse", just saying. Even then, there could be unexpected compatibility issues and system freezes and/or crashes.

Think Orco, from He-Man. Grand wizards in one realm, bumbling retard in the another.

Lulz.

True.

It could be just like that.

It could be that in the Tolkien verse, magic is so scarce that it takes all of that concentration and incantation.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2009 11:27 PM
NemeBro

You're wrong. Magic people in each verse are magic because they can use the "magical energies" from each verse. It is very much like the force...you are either sensitive to it, or you're not...despite the fact that it's still there. Muggle vs. wizard. smile
Alright. Prove it then. smile

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2009 11:45 PM
dadudemon

Alright. Prove it then. smile

Can't. smile

It's my own interpretation of the universe.

Prove that wizards are magical because magic comes from their being, and only their being, and nothing else. smile

Old Post Jun 24th, 2009 01:01 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

Ugh, have to side with DDM on this one, more often than not, when dealing with magic and magic users in film, there's mention of 'drawing upon mystic energies', implying that the magic energy/force is there, one only need the know how or have the ability to use it to their will.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2009 01:05 AM