KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » BlazBlue

BlazBlue
Started by: Konton

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NemeBro

I am not really much for the "trap" game personally. That is her main style of play.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2009 04:37 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site
Saikyo Pharaoh Sol Radguy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NemeBro
Lol wut?

First of all, the guy has high damage per hit, yes, but it is nothing compared to that of say, Iron Tager. Who takes nearly a third of your health with one quick, easily pulled-off throw. Also, he is not particularly fast, with his sword at least, and using just that will get you fvcked up bad by anyone who knows how to really play. Because of this, it is a good idea to exploit his ability to do counters, doing this causes damage and can set opponents up for using that soopa strong blade.

Also, you overrated the damage it does.
Iron Tager is slow as shit, tho. Haukumen's speed is basic. Counter, 3 Slash combo, super and you almost won. I geuss that's why he's a sub boss.

"Step back loser! Make way for the winner!"
-Anakaris-

Old Post Jul 18th, 2009 02:53 PM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I have considered buying this game for some time now. As far as 2-D fighters go, this looks awesome.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Sep 13th, 2009 02:38 AM
Impediment is online now! Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Overdose
Iron Tager is slow as shit, tho. Haukumen's speed is basic. Counter, 3 Slash combo, super and you almost won. I geuss that's why he's a sub boss.
Cannot believe I forgot to answer this.

No, Hakumen is one of the slowest characters in the game, second only to, you guessed it, Tager. He is a counter character, so of course he has brutal counters.

The only cheap characer is Nu v-13...If you can use her, she is nigh-unbeatable, so much so that I heard a patch is being released to nerf her.

Also, Imped, I would highly recommend it, it is the best fighting game released this year IMO.

On another note, Bang Shishigami is one of the manliest characters ever conceived.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2009 02:43 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

according to various people ive heard from only spend money to buy blazblu if youre really competitive... otherwise it doesnt hold a lot of reply value, even less then usual fighting games.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2009 07:03 AM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Well I play fighting games soley for the vs. modes...That's what their main purpose is.

The game actually has a really good plot though, so I cannot figure out why that would be.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2009 01:48 PM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
according to various people ive heard from only spend money to buy blazblu if youre really competitive... otherwise it doesnt hold a lot of reply value, even less then usual fighting games.

I think one can say that the replay value can be found just in the learning / mastering of each character.. not just simple (and sometimes silly) costumes and other things that dont really affect gameplay..

but BB has a rather extensive storymode.. its just that its one of those games where you have to win or lose, then save to progress each persons story.. the way they did it was retarded.. but they have FAQ's to help you obtain 100% of the story

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Sep 15th, 2009 03:40 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site

Originally posted by NemeBro
Cannot believe I forgot to answer this.

No, Hakumen is one of the slowest characters in the game, second only to, you guessed it, Tager. He is a counter character, so of course he has brutal counters.

The only cheap characer is Nu v-13...If you can use her, she is nigh-unbeatable, so much so that I heard a patch is being released to nerf her.

Also, Imped, I would highly recommend it, it is the best fighting game released this year IMO.

On another note, Bang Shishigami is one of the manliest characters ever conceived.
Haukumen is not that slow to me. He is reminiscent of Ryu in MVC2, IMO. I just find it pretty hard to beat a guy who can kill you in 2 combos.

V-13 is a bich, tho, obviously 1 of the cheapest bosses to date. And Bang's super sayin move has to be one of the best supers I have ever seen. What a man.

-Anakaris-

Old Post Sep 17th, 2009 04:10 PM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Overdose
Haukumen is not that slow to me. He is reminiscent of Ryu in MVC2, IMO. I just find it pretty hard to beat a guy who can kill you in 2 combos.

V-13 is a bich, tho, obviously 1 of the cheapest bosses to date. And Bang's super sayin move has to be one of the best supers I have ever seen. What a man.
Meh, I disagree, I play Hakumen as one of my mains and have trouble with a great deal of opponents, particularly Noel, the *****.

Yeah, Nu sucks ass to fight when the person knows what they are doing.

Indeed, Bang is so manly he is practically suffering from Testosterone Poisoning.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2009 02:08 AM
No End N Site

Why doesn't anyone wanna play Blazblue any more? I think a sequel is in order.

-Anakaris-

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2009 04:15 PM
NemeBro

Who doesn't wanna play BlazBlue now?

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2009 07:11 PM
No End N Site

Er time me and the gang and decide to play VGs, they wanna play Madden, SFIV or Batman. We played BB alot but it's kinda like Guilty Gear, now. They put so much into the game, more than most other fighters but the fun still doesn't last very long. What is it that's missing?

-Anakaris-

Old Post Sep 24th, 2009 04:36 PM
NemeBro

Your good taste?

Old Post Sep 25th, 2009 09:42 AM
No End N Site

Yea, I have Great taste. Not Good.

-Anakaris-

Old Post Sep 29th, 2009 06:17 PM
No End N Site

Blazblue: Continuum Shift, anyone care? I thought BBCT was badass at 1st, but it's just "okay" now, rather play T6 and SFIV, weird. Still, if Continuum Shift is DLC, I am down. If not, they better add more than 2 characters and 3 stages or Aksys can go to hell.

-Anakaris-

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2009 01:12 AM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

lol.. thats never the japanese way

besides, its not just 2 chars / 3 stages.. they made numerous changes to each character (as each fighter usually does), based on high level tourney play

I didnt really care about BB.. and I'm fairly certain CS will be no different
my roomie on the other hand loves it a lot..

Zakiyama (Haz) vs Shadow (Tsu)
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm9161053

Zakiyama (Haz) vs Kakyun (Hak)
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm9161132

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2009 04:04 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site

Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
lol.. thats never the japanese way

besides, its not just 2 chars / 3 stages.. they made numerous changes to each character (as each fighter usually does), based on high level tourney play

I didnt really care about BB.. and I'm fairly certain CS will be no different
my roomie on the other hand loves it a lot..

Zakiyama (Haz) vs Shadow (Tsu)
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm9161053

Zakiyama (Haz) vs Kakyun (Hak)
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm9161132
5 or 6 charatcers, plus the 3 new stages, PLUS the game tweaks would be enough for me. I'm glad that Rachel and V-13 are gettin' toned down and I hope that Arakune get's the same treatment. BB is a game I don't regret buyin' and I really do enjoy it but it just aint my cup of tea.

-Anakaris-

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2009 12:01 AM
FistOfThe North

got this game yesterday. it got high scores all across the board by numerous top game rating sites.

i'll i have to say that it's the best looking 2d fighting game i've ever seen in my life. the gameplay's kinda cool too. (still getting used to it)

the whole thing kinda reminds me of guilty gear.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2009 06:31 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site

Thought this was good but got bored pretty quick I'm hopin' that the new edition will give me a reason to play this beautiful lookin' game again. CONTINUUM SHIFT anyone?

You bastards better add more than 3 characters.

-Anakaris-

Old Post Mar 4th, 2010 08:22 PM
NemeBro

They are only adding 3 characters (One of whom is just a remake of Nu), and this game is much better than Streetfighter IV. smile

Old Post Mar 4th, 2010 08:48 PM