KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » The Order vs. Anakin

The Order vs. Anakin
Started by: Luminatus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Luminatus
[B]Except Palpatine was unarmed

the man can shoot lightning out of his fingers. he's never unarmed.

quote:
I'm pretty sure a cop would be in some shit if after the shootout, he had the fugitive on the ground and he just put one in the guy's head.

if the criminal had a gun in his hand when the cop found him after the shoot-out on the ground and the criminal said "its not loaded" the cop could still legally shoot him.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2009 04:30 PM
Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Luminatus
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
the man can shoot lightning out of his fingers. he's never unarmed.

Except he had already tried this and it failed. Mace could have just deflected it again if he hadn't lost his hand.
He attempted to kill an unarmed and defeated man out of passion, defying the code. That's all there is to it.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2009 05:28 PM
Click here to Send Luminatus a Private Message Find more posts by Luminatus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

[B]Except he had already tried this and it failed.

and for all Mace knew Palps could have just been waiting for him to let his guard down. Just because the criminal says the gun isn't loaded doesn't mean it actually isn't hence why if a police officer sees a man with a possible weapon he's allowed to kill.

quote:
Mace could have just deflected it again if he hadn't lost his hand.

mace couldn't have known that. How could he know that Palpatine wasn't simply waiting for a more oppertune moment. like for example mace putting his lightsaber away?

Old Post Jul 11th, 2009 07:36 PM
Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

Thats what Palpatine did to Marek, Marek dropped the saber and started shooting lightning again, its a sith thing that they have ALL done,(the ones who knew it that were part of the Rule of Two) they wait for the lioghtsaber deactivation and then kill

Isil
Turgon aran Gondolin tortha gar a matha, i vegil Glamdring gud dae lo, dam an Glamhoth.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2009 07:42 PM
Click here to Send Incanus a Private Message Find more posts by Incanus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Except he had already tried this and it failed. Mace could have just deflected it again if he hadn't lost his hand.
He attempted to kill an unarmed and defeated man out of passion, defying the code. That's all there is to it.
What those ^ two said.

This man was the sole source of the most destructive conflict in galactic history. He turned Dooku, planned the war, was in complete control of the Senate and the Courts... He needed to die. Arresting someone as immensely powerful, and popular (that's a key one too), would do far more harm than defying the code. Lesser of two evils: Be a (bit of, in Windu's case---he was already kind of aggressive for a Jedi) hypocrite, or doom the entire f*cking galaxy. Mace made the most logical, rational, and sane choice. Big deal if he defied the Code--it's something you lament anyways, why is defying it such a sin in your eyes?

Old Post Jul 11th, 2009 09:54 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Luminatus
Restricted

Account Restricted

Because I don't pretend it's worth anything. The Code is shit and I openly say that. Mace and the others were supposed to follow it.

Besides, again, Mace is pretty much a large part of why the Jedi Purge even happened.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2009 12:01 AM
Click here to Send Luminatus a Private Message Find more posts by Luminatus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Because I don't pretend it's worth anything. The Code is shit and I openly say that. Mace and the others were supposed to follow it.

Besides, again, Mace is pretty much a large part of why the Jedi Purge even happened.
Wait wait wait... you say the Code is shit, condemn the Jedi for having it, then condemn Mace for breaking it in a time that calls for it to be broken? Talk of hypocrisy.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2009 12:25 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Luminatus
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's not hypocrisy. I don't believ ein the code doesn't mean others can break it whenever they damn well please. He's sworn to uphold that piece of shit and he didn't. I made no such pledge so I can say it's crap and be on my way. He cannot.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2009 12:30 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

It's not hypocrisy. I don't believ ein the code doesn't mean others can break it whenever they damn well please. He's sworn to uphold that piece of shit and he didn't. I made no such pledge so I can say it's crap and be on my way. He cannot.
So what you're saying is, you want the Jedi to always do what they've sworn to do, even if breaking that misguided oath serves the greater good for all?

Old Post Jul 12th, 2009 12:34 AM
Slash_KMC
Retired Helper

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
So what you're saying is, you want the Jedi to always do what they've sworn to do, even if breaking that misguided oath serves the greater good for all?

Bless your will to try and reason with these people.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2009 01:36 AM
Click here to Send Slash_KMC a Private Message Find more posts by Slash_KMC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

What do you mean, these people?

Old Post Jul 12th, 2009 01:45 AM
Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slash_KMC
Retired Helper

Them. I guess.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2009 01:50 AM
Click here to Send Slash_KMC a Private Message Find more posts by Slash_KMC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Luminatus
Restricted

Account Restricted

It depends. Would Mace, like many Jedi who have broken the code, simply have gone on to leave it as is? Would he have given into his passion then made absolutely no change in Jedi policy and kept the same old "feeling is bad" crap?

If no, then I can support him. But if he'd just break the code when it was convenient then go back to propping it up, I'd call him a hypocrite like I have from the start.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2009 06:27 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

It depends. Would Mace, like many Jedi who have broken the code, simply have gone on to leave it as is? Would he have given into his passion then made absolutely no change in Jedi policy and kept the same old "feeling is bad" crap?

If no, then I can support him. But if he'd just break the code when it was convenient then go back to propping it up, I'd call him a hypocrite like I have from the start.
In these cases, you're justified. Context and situations FTW.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2009 06:37 AM
chilled monkey

Of course the Jedi denied what it means to be human. To be human isn't just to love. It also means to be angry, jealous, resentful, greedy, self-centered, and fearful.

You know what else it means to be human?

To be human is also to be peaceful, kind, caring, joyous, content, unselfish and courageous.

All of those are human too.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2009 08:05 PM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by chilled monkey
You know what else it means to be human?

To be human is also to be peaceful, kind, caring, joyous, content, unselfish and courageous.

All of those are human too.
I never said otherwise, did I?

But which occurs more often and more easily? Your list or mine?

Old Post Jul 12th, 2009 10:16 PM
Slash_KMC
Retired Helper

Mine.

It only has one thing in it though. Apathy.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2009 03:04 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Whatever. Screw it.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2009 06:11 AM
Slash_KMC
Retired Helper

Go get some sleep.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2009 01:32 PM
REXXXX
Networking

I'm going to disagree with Luminatus. Palpatine's EXISTENCE was dangerous, hence Mace trying to kill him. He was also a murder and incited the Clone Wars. You put out the fire before it does more damage. As we can see from Palpatine NOT being killed, he WAS too dangerous to be left alive. Palpatine was hugely in favor with the masses in the Republic; nobody would have convicted him of anything, regardless of what the Jedi said, if he were still around to twist people with the Dark Side.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2009 03:10 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote