KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Exar Kun's Power

Exar Kun's Power
Started by: Gideon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dominis

quote: (post)
Originally posted by WO Polaski
not his own power. thats like saying naga sados badass because he can blow up stars... even though he did it with a ship.

Who would you say is top tier?

Old Post Jul 13th, 2009 04:02 AM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Luke, Yoda, Sidious, Caedus, Andeddu, Muur, sith emperor.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2009 04:27 AM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

What puts the sith emperor above Kun?

Old Post Jul 13th, 2009 04:47 AM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

The last three definitely need substantiation.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2009 04:49 AM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
Who would you say is top tier?

bane luke sideous caedus and possibly revan. id also be willing to throw yoda up there though thats a stretch. if he ws up there hed probably be the closest to kun in skillz.

Last edited by AthenasTrgrFngr on Jul 13th, 2009 at 04:56 AM

Old Post Jul 13th, 2009 04:51 AM
Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slash_KMC
Retired Helper

Yeah, where do you pull that Sith Emperor out of?

Old Post Jul 13th, 2009 04:51 AM
Click here to Send Slash_KMC a Private Message Find more posts by Slash_KMC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

bane luke sideous caedus and possibly revan.
You said you go by feats and showings, and Revan has hardly any. Use another one.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2009 04:56 AM
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

Originally posted by ares834
So. Its an impressive display of power regardless if it had prep. Also the fact that they didn't freeze untill he walked in implies that it dosn't require prep unless he can some how hold it in and save it for later.

we dont know either way. the fact that he never used it again or even attempted to use it in a combat situation or otherwise implies that he cant do it whenever he wants to.

quote:
Luke is the most powerfulk Jedi ever, of course he beat Kun. Regardless he still tore out his spirit which is very impressive even if someone was helping him.

he tore it out with the aid of kyp durron one of the strongest force users in terms of sheer brute strength in the entire mythos. erm no proof or implications that he could have done so by himself. hell for all we know kyp may have been doing most of the work.

quote:
The fact that no other force user has ever done something remotely similar is a testiment to its power.

what? naga sado created tons of monsters using sith magic. in fact thats where kun learned the ability. in addition plagueis did the same thing and a group of no-name dark jedi did it to recreate darth maul. using the force to create creatures isnt a unique ability and as weve seen only requires time and knowledge not necessarily power.

quote:
And what "grad daddy powers" are you talking about?

creating a sentient being, force storms capable of ripping apart space-time itself and teleportating people, manipulating black holes, draining an entire planets civilization of its life force, pulling objects out of a sun, etc.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2009 05:08 AM
Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
You said you go by feats and showings, and Revan has hardly any. Use another one.

hence "possibly". thanks for trying though.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2009 05:08 AM
Dominis

Not possibly to you, though. You only go by showings.

Oh, and.... possibly Yoda? Yoda pretty much is the shit.

Last edited by Dominis on Jul 13th, 2009 at 05:16 AM

Old Post Jul 13th, 2009 05:13 AM
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

possibly because he has an assload of showings. only problem is that we have no diea which are canon and which arent.

yoda isnt the the shit compared to the ones ive listed.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2009 05:38 AM
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

eh. his feats contradict the quote if its to be taken as the most powerful including all the eras. he simply has never displayed the skills required to be in even the top 5.
Sorry but quotes are canon and trump your biased opinions.

not enough to make him a really threatening top-tier.
Right, freezing hundreds and thousands of people, killing a 1000 year old jedi that could easily cut people off the force isn't threatening at all.

Lets not forget that odan urr described exar kun as [/i]immensely[/i] strong in the force.

and how do you know how much prep and or meditation went into that spell? he never used it in combat once. hell he never used it again period.

If it took prep time the illustrators would have made it obvious that he was "charging up" his powers.

Just because he didn't use it in combat, doesn't mean he won't.
Was there a threat or opponent dangerous enough for him to use it on?

No and before you bring up "oh he could have used it on vodo", well he simply made it obvious he wanted to tool his master in a pure lightsaber match.

he didnt do it alone. and ultimately luke defeated with the help of... a baby.
Uh no, it was the entire academy that killed exar kuns spirit.

bane luke sideous caedus and possibly revan. id also be willing to throw yoda up there though thats a stretch. if he ws up there hed probably be the closest to kun in skillz.

Double standard much? You claimed you go by feats "onry".

I don't care if its "possibly" revan, you yourself made it clear that you go only by feats.

we dont know either way. the fact that he never used it again or even attempted to use it in a combat situation or otherwise implies that he cant do it whenever he wants to.
And how many people had he actually faced during his reign as the dark lord of the sith, let alone anyone dangerous enough to use it on? The last i recall the only guy exar kun actually bothered to fight was vodo and ulic and these were merely lightsaber duels.

You claim he can't use it in combat, then you prove it. The burden of proof is on you.

If thats the case when was the last time sidious used a force storm to kill his opponents? Oh right because he never used it in a combat situation, it means he never ever will.

Oh, vader has never used his force crush technique(that destroyed a massive hut that was as durable and hard as steel) so it means that he never will and cannot do so in a combat situation.

I don't see sidious unleashing his entire aresenal of force powers in a fight yet whenever we debate sidious vs someone we always argue that he will use technique so and so despite the fact that he "has never shown it in a combat situation".

Just because these people don't showcase some of their powers in a fight doesn't mean they won't use it.

he tore it out with the aid of kyp durron one of the strongest force users in terms of sheer brute strength in the entire mythos. erm no proof or implications that he could have done so by himself. hell for all we know kyp may have been doing most of the work.
Mind you that kyp was merely a student at that time and had yet to even achieve a fraction of his potential.

Last edited by BoratBorat on Jul 13th, 2009 at 06:46 AM

Old Post Jul 13th, 2009 06:36 AM
Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Advent
Just Leaving

My arguments for Kun sure go a long way.

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent." - Sagacious Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2009 06:53 AM
Click here to Send Advent a Private Message Find more posts by Advent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yes advent i did get quite a number from you, but i did so because i found them very very convincing.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2009 06:55 AM
Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

Originally posted by Wolverine2179
Right, freezing hundreds and thousands of people, killing a 1000 year old jedi that could easily cut people off the force isn't threatening at all.

that freezing ability that he only used once? the 1000 year old jedi that if i remember right didnt even try to cut him off?

quote:
Lets not forget that odan urr described exar kun as [/i]immensely[/i] strong in the force.

if youre really a body builder id say youre immensely strong. but immensely is a relative term. im a 19 year old girl who used to have borderline anorexia.

quote:
If it took prep time the illustrators would have made it obvious that he was "charging up" his powers.

according to whom?

quote:
Just because he didn't use it in combat, doesn't mean he won't.

"cant". you mean cant. he never used it outside that one time then died.

[quote[Was there a threat or opponent dangerous enough for him to use it on? [/quote]

considering he died prematurely due to overwhelming opposing forces? id say so.

quote:
Uh no, it was the entire academy that killed exar kuns spirit.

an entire acadamy? you mean, about 10-20 people? 10-20 people that had less then a months worth of force training?

quote:
Double standard much? You claimed you go by feats "onry".

I don't care if its "possibly" revan, you yourself made it clear that you go only by feats.

that i did.

quote:
And how many people had he actually faced during his reign as the dark lord of the sith, let alone anyone dangerous enough to use it on? The last i recall the only guy exar kun actually bothered to fight was vodo and ulic and these were merely lightsaber duels.

and how does this prove he can do so? because hes never used it more then once that alone is proof that he can do it whenever?

quote:
You claim he can't use it in combat, then you prove it. The burden of proof is on you.

cant prove a negative. but regardless im not proving anything. hes never used it in a combat situation so i have no reason to believe he can.

quote:
If thats the case when was the last time sidious used a force storm to kill his opponents?

besides the fact that we saw him use it on a fleet and we saw him concoct it?

quote:
Oh, vader has never used his force crush technique(that destroyed a massive hut that was as durable and hard as steel) so it means that he never will and cannot do so in a combat situation.

we know for a fact how force choke works and how it is cast. weve seen it used in combat before.

quote:
I don't see sidious unleashing his entire aresenal of force powers in a fight yet whenever we debate sidious vs someone we always argue that he will use technique so and so despite the fact that he "has never shown it in a combat situation".

you wont see me arguing that sideous can use a certain power that he has never used in combat before unless the ability has been fully explained and we know how it works.

quote:
Just because these people don't showcase some of their powers in a fight doesn't mean they won't use it.

just because theyve shown to use it in X situation doesnt automatically mean they can use it in Y either.

quote:
Mind you that kyp was merely a student at that time and had yet to even achieve a fraction of his potential. [/B]

yeah i know. thats why i consider him to be such a powerhouse.

Last edited by AthenasTrgrFngr on Jul 13th, 2009 at 07:23 AM

Old Post Jul 13th, 2009 07:18 AM
Pyron_Knight
Eater of Worlds

The lack of Nihilus is disturbing.
Or has Exar, Caedus, Sith Emperor or Revan destroyed planets, pulled ships out of gravity wells and held them together out of pure power?
Didn't think so.

But yeah it goes, for me:

1. Palpatine
2. Nihilus
3. Kun
4. Bane
5. Caedus

Old Post Jul 13th, 2009 07:25 AM
Click here to Send Pyron_Knight a Private Message Find more posts by Pyron_Knight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

forgot about nilhilus.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2009 07:29 AM
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

that freezing ability that he only used once? the 1000 year old jedi that if i remember right didnt even try to cut him off?
A 1000 year old jedi that tried to cut him off the force but failed.

if youre really a body builder id say youre immensely strong. but immensely is a relative term. ?
Thing is i am a bodybuilder, one that has actually gained recognition from IFBB professional bodybuilders and from an asian games champion, but then again what relevance does it have to this debate?

He was described as "immensely" strong due to the fact that he IS immensely strong in the force.

according to whom?
A little thing you don't have called common sense.

"cant". you mean cant. he never used it outside that one time then died.
No, its "didn't" considering the fact that vodo and ulic were the only people he actually faced as his reign as the dark lord.

Your the one making the claim he can't use it so you prove it, it isn't a negative.

you forget how his freezing technique falls under sith sorcery which
has been employed in combat by several other characters(think of people like aleema keto, mighella and the nightsisters).

[quote[Was there a threat or opponent dangerous enough for him to use it on?

considering he died prematurely due to overwhelming opposing forces? id say so
[/QUOTE] Your claiming he can't ever use it in combat simply because he has never done so, i'm simply arguing that there wasn't anyone else to use it on hun. But then again ill give you the details below.

an entire acadamy? you mean, about 10-20 people? 10-20 people that had less then a months worth of force training?
The keyword is combined might of the academy, go read the essential gudie to characters.

and how does this prove he can do so? because hes never used it more then once that alone is proof that he can do it whenever?
That is horrible logic my friend, how does not showcasing your powers in a duel means you cannot use it at all when you choose? Why do you avoid the question? Or are you simply too unintelligent to answer the question and start throwing fallacies? What do you have to backup this horrid logic of yours?

cant prove a negative. but regardless im not proving anything. hes never used it in a combat situation so i have no reason to believe he can.
Then the same can be said for palpatines force storm, nihilus draining technique and vaders force crush.

besides the fact that we saw him use it on a fleet and we saw him concoct it?
Which means what exactly? You do know that the audio book stated that sidious was about to unleash another force storm in the room right before getting cut off?

Oh wait i forgot how you only go by feats so therefore that quote is non existant and non applicable and hence the force storm cannot be summoned by palpatine in a duel.

Holy shit i also forget that because revan never demonstrated the force storm lightning technique,(despite the source book stating it is one of his powers) it means he can't do so simply because we have never seen him do so!

OH MY i still forget how mace windu never demonstarted telekinesis in a fight, it means he cannot do so at all!!!!!

^ Do you see how faulty your logic is and how idiotic you are being?

we know for a fact how force choke works and how it is cast. weve seen it used in combat before.
So now your saying if we have seen it in combat before then therefore it is valid and applicable?

Ok then, you forgot that technique exar used to freeze asses is sith magic, sith sorcery and the fact that it has been used in combat before by several individuals(think of mighella or aleema).

Nice try hun, you just shot yourself on the foot.

you wont see me arguing that sideous can use a certain power that he has never used in combat before unless the ability has been fully explained and we know how it works.
The thing is it HAS been fully explained if you ever actually read the comic or the DSSB, that technique was a sith spell and sith spells has been SHOWN in combat before, i already explained in the above.

Or go read the TOTJ comics, they show sith spells and sith sorcery being utilized in combat.

just because theyve shown to use it in X situation doesnt automatically mean they can use it in Y either.
Spare me the migraine and read the above.

yeah i know. thats why i consider him to be such a powerhouse.
Yeah you do, despite the fact that during dark apprentice he wasn't anywhere near powerful.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2009 08:04 AM
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

Originally posted by Wolverine2179

Do you see how faulty your logic is and how idiotic you are being?

i dont know who you think are or who youre used to talking to but you really need to understand that i dont have a very tolerance for aggressive people and you are an aggressive speaker. the above section of your post that i quoted isnt bashing imo and youre not breaking the rules but im just requesting that you try keep in mind that in the end this is discussion on the internet if you want to continue to talk to me.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2009 08:20 AM
Dominis

possibly because he has an assload of showings. only problem is that we have no diea which are canon and which arent.
Game mechanics are non-canon.

quote:
yoda isnt the the shit compared to the ones ive listed.
Yoda stalemated one of the ones you listed in a force and saber duel.

Since you go by showings alone, Yoda should be top-dog to you. Yoda took out a small army of King Alaric's troops with a wave of his hand. On Rugosa Yoda used the force to easily catch an avalanche of maybe a ton of free falling boulders in mid-air, right after he shamed Ventress with the force. During the battle of Coruscant Yoda used the force to lift entire landing crafts, and slam them into each other.

Yoda was one of the few ever to be able to absorb and redirect force lightning with his bare hands. He even absorbed the lightning of the most powerful Sith Lord in history.

And that is only some of Yoda's feats.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2009 09:36 AM