KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » Sam Raimi - Worthy Or Not?

Do you think Sam Raimi did a good job on the Spider-Man movies?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
YES!! AWESOME JOB!! 7 28.00%
He's ok. 9 36.00%
HE SUCKS!! GIVE ME A NEW DIRECTOR!! 6 24.00%
I'm not interested in Spider-Man. 3 12.00%
Total: 25 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Sam Raimi - Worthy Or Not?
Started by: spidermanrocks

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

He should get credit for the first two movies... In fact I'm pretty sure he brought comic book adaptations to a whole new level with Spider-man.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2009 11:28 PM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Placidity
He should get credit for the first two movies... In fact I'm pretty sure he brought comic book adaptations to a whole new level with Spider-man.

Agreed

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Aug 13th, 2009 12:47 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Originally posted by Quincy
So you're saying

1. Sam Raimi does not deserve credit for making Spider-Man a respectable movie franchise increasing the characters popularity?

And 2. that anyone could have made a better or at least as good Spidey movie as Sam Raimi's?
Not anyone. But many. Some would've made better.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2009 11:21 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

Re: Sam Raimi - Worthy Or Not?

Originally posted by spidermanrocks
Do you think Sam Raimi is worthy of doing Spider-Man movies?

Yes to the millionth degree.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2009 04:32 PM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spidermanrocks

Everyone is voting "he rocks" or "he's ok." Only one person so far has voted "he sucks" and I bet it's Mr. Parker lol.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2009 06:03 AM
spidermanrocks is currently offline Click here to Send spidermanrocks a Private Message Find more posts by spidermanrocks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

Originally posted by SamZED

I thought I was alone here thinking so...

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.” —Volrath

Old Post Aug 29th, 2009 04:42 PM
Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Micheal_Myers
KMC's resident thrasher!

When I saw the first two Spidey movies I loved them. After giving them some time and watching them again, I didn't enjoy them as much. Spiderman 3 is obviously a joke but I wont hold that over Raimi's head right now. Raimi is ok, but there are people out there that could've done better.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2009 05:01 PM
Micheal_Myers is currently offline Click here to Send Micheal_Myers a Private Message Find more posts by Micheal_Myers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

Originally posted by spidermanrocks
Everyone is voting "he rocks" or "he's ok." Only one person so far has voted "he sucks" and I bet it's Mr. Parker lol.
Not the only one shifty

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.” —Volrath

Old Post Feb 5th, 2010 12:34 PM
Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by SamZED

exactly.good to see that many here agree with me that he did a lousy job in making these movies.casting mcguire was the worst casting choice possible,the guy makes me cringe when he talks and he sounds bored to death.cant believe the foolish people who are dumb enough to believe that just because they made so much money at the box office,they were great films. laughing spidey is such an immensely popular iconic symbol to the world,that the name alone spider-man was guaranteed to make it a box office smash. roll eyes (sarcastic) people were just glad to FINALLY see a spiderman movie made and see a guy in a spiderman outfit on screen after being delayed for so many years didnt matter how bad the films were.they would have been so much better with a guy like Nolan directing the movies who researches the material and stays loyal to the source material.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2010 08:35 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by Parmaniac
Not the only one shifty

yep im not the only one vote that voted he sucks. laughing its pretty even in the polls.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2010 08:36 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KCJ506

I guess I'm in the middle here. I loved the first two movies. The third....not so much. They weren't perfect by any means. There were some things I weren't fond of. Dunst's MJ, most of the villains being sympathetic and finding out who Spider-man is, but I can't let my geekiness blind me.

One thing I"ll NEVER do is join this vicious, sudden, and completely undeserved "he got it wrong all along" bandwagon. Raimi may not have made what this of that fanboy calls the perfect Spider-Man movies, but he made at least two great Spidey movies out of three. Spider-Man is about much more than saying ten little jokes whlle throwing a punch, and the tremendous critical and commercial success of the first two movies is proof of that.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 11:43 PM
KCJ506 is currently offline Click here to Send KCJ506 a Private Message Find more posts by KCJ506 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Icy Ninja
Ninja Sith

I only ever truly liked was the first one didn't agree with some of the choices made in the second one and have only ever thought of it as a ok movie and I enjoyed the third one when I first saw it with my friends opening night but within a couple of days I relised that it sucked and a second viewing conformed this for me. So overall Rami was ok i guess.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2010 06:14 AM
Icy Ninja is currently offline Click here to Send Icy Ninja a Private Message Find more posts by Icy Ninja Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote