KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » FIREFLY RPG - Episode 0 - Prologue

FIREFLY RPG - Episode 0 - Prologue
Started by: REXXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (38): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

"You seem to be in some awful hurry," Kane comments on Shaftoe's straight-to-the-point attitude. "Rest assured, I've brought your payment, gunslinger."

He produces a small metal box from inside his coat and hands it to you, Shaftoe.

"Give that to your Captain. Inside you will find the transfer information."

Rubicon being a stead-fast Alliance planet, they do not make use of coinage as the Outer planets do. You absolutely hate this, Shaftoe; it is more complicated than it needs to be, and you prefer the simplicity of a gold coin.

Anyone from Alliance worlds- notably Kenneth and Vash, here- thinks nothing of it. It is just how business is done.

-

"Can't make any promises about heading to more civilized space, Nadra," Kelly says. "We don't have our destination post-Rubicon."

Last edited by REXXXX on Jul 21st, 2009 at 11:53 AM

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 11:45 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thraxis88

Harmony approaches Shaftoe and Kane, offering to take the box and saying, "Here, I'll bring that up to the Captain for you." None of the travelers have particularly caught her eye, so she plans to let the doctor handle first introductions. Besides, everyone likes it when someone hands them a box of money, and Harmony might as well get more in the Captain's favor...

If there is no protest from Shaftoe or Kane, she whisks the box up to Kelly, and says, "Here's Foreman Kane's payment, sir. Good old-fashioned credits."

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 01:24 PM
Thraxis88 is currently offline Click here to Send Thraxis88 a Private Message Find more posts by Thraxis88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

"Better be the price settled on." said Vash as the box was being carried away.

"We didn't risk blowing our ship up and dying in the midst of radiation for nothing"

Made by Me! Click here to see my work or request a sig!

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 01:30 PM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Kenneth will make Observation rolls on the Drifters and Phil while waiting for the others to finish the business with the cargo.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 02:24 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Kane has no problem with it, and Harmony wanders back to Kelly with the credits.

"Of course it is the price agreed upon," Kane says, slightly annoyed. "This is an official assignment for the Anglo-Sino Alliance, not some bootlegging operation in the Outer planets. There will be no haggling of the price."

Observation roll for Kenneth yields one success... and you actually recognize these two Drifters coming board. The first is Christopher Jackson, well-known for his 'empowering the little people' antics and standing up for those who cannot protect themselves. The second is Gabriel Thornby, who reputedly saved a town from a Reaver attack (depending on whether or not you believe in that story). They are both armed. The last one, the fresh-faced boy, you have no idea about, but he's unarmed.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 08:12 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

"Well, I am sure that it would be difficult to find a place less sophisticated than a partially-terraformed planet," Nadra comments to Kelly while watching the Foreman.

(ignore the rest of what I had, I lost track of things >.> )

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Last edited by Peach on Jul 21st, 2009 at 08:30 PM

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 08:16 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

"We had our share of... Occurances" replied Vash. He eyed the armed drifters slowly.

"Welcome aboard. Don't be waving those guns around, though"

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 08:20 PM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

"I am sure there will be no need to with the famous Vash Tamrion as protection on our journey."

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 08:27 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vera21
Vera Vera Vera!

"Didn't the Captain say be nice to the Foreman?" Marina says, looking between Vash and Shaftoe after Harmony takes the credit box. "Sorry, Foreman, they're just not used to such official work, seems. Passage was fine, chems didn't break or nothin. Glad to have yer business, sir."

Nice trick.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 08:29 PM
Vera21 is currently offline Click here to Send Vera21 a Private Message Find more posts by Vera21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Kenneth raises an eyebrow as he recognizes the drifters.

"Christopher Jackson. What an... honor, to have you aboard Gan Ying. I'm Doctor Lloyd, the ship medic. You'll be in good hands while traveling with us."

Kenneth likes Jackson's support for the little man, as Kenneth left Londinium for much the same reason.

Thornby he regards with somewhat less enthusiasm, believing the stories of the Reaver attack to have been exaggerated.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 09:16 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thraxis88

Harmony nods to the captain, "Should I go take care of the transfer for you, sir, or would you rather I greet our..." She glances back to the passengers, so desperate to get off this rock they're willing to board a transport vessel without knowing where it's headed. "...guests?"

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 09:21 PM
Thraxis88 is currently offline Click here to Send Thraxis88 a Private Message Find more posts by Thraxis88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

"Ah..." began Vash, squinting his eyes to look at the drifter. "And we'd be safe of reavers from now on, won't we?" he said chuckling.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 09:29 PM
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

((Ok, I hope I don't mess anything up.))

Toki was late for his duty which is very rare given the high priority he puts on punctuality. He made sure to apologize to everyone for his tardiness, even the drifters he would eventually meet deserve his respect. Once he arrived near the rest of the crew he humbly bowed before them. "Forgive my lateness, I have arrived though and I am ready to assume my duty, but first I would like to welcome our guests." He said with the utmost respect. He kept himself as humble as possible while trying to hide his identity as the man with seven scars.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 09:31 PM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

"I'll handle the transfer, Harm...ony," Kelly says, catching himself. "Probably for my eyes only as it is. Go chat up our guests."

He turns to Nadra. "Yeah, guess so. Still bound to be customers here, but we're not staying terribly long, don't think."

-

The fresh-faced boy, Phil, is nervously looking at the ship and inspecting it, nobody having approached him yet.

And yes, Vash's reputation as a noble soldier for the Alliance precedes him, Gabriel. Makes you wonder what he's doing out here, though.

Does Vash take stock in Gabriel's Reaver story?

-

"Thank you, miss," Kane responds to Marina. "I will be sure to pass along word that Gan Ying is a fine ship, so that it may bring you more business."

When Toki approaches, having scrambled up from the quarters and missed Kelly's briefing, Kane smirks at the overly polite behavior. "Quite a crew you have here. What is your name, sir?"

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 09:34 PM
Bardock42

"That's what they say" Gabriel replied with a soft smile. As happened often his reputation preceded him, a fact he didn't necessarily appreciate all the time.
"So where are you guys headed?"

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 09:37 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
((Ok, I hope I don't mess anything up.))

Toki was late for his duty which is very rare given the high priority he puts on punctuality. He made sure to apologize to everyone for his tardiness, even the drifters he would eventually meet deserve his respect. Once he arrived near the rest of the crew he humbly bowed before them. "Forgive my lateness, I have arrived though and I am ready to assume my duty, but first I would like to welcome our guests." He said with the utmost respect. He kept himself as humble as possible while trying to hide his identity as the man with seven scars.

(just use normal formatting, otherwise you're fine...)

---

Nadra shrugs, crossing her arms. "Want me to go talk to the new passengers as well? Or shall I stay with you?"

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 09:37 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thraxis88

Harmony nods to the Captain, and says, "Alright, sir." She then glances at Nadra before starting down the stairs to the cargo hold proper, muttering, "Time to go mingle with the unwashed masses..." She glances up at them when she reaches the bottom of the stairs, trying to see if any of them are recognizable. (Observation roll)

Her disappointment in the new passengers is completely masked by the time she reaches them, breaking into a big, cheerful smile that makes her seem completely empty in the head. "Hello there! Mhm, I'm Harmony, and I'll be your pilot for your stay! Welcome to the Gan Ying, best civilian ship this side of the Osiris shipyards! Oh, and don't mind the smell, that's just the Paxi-somethingoranother for the atmospheric processors. Smells awful, doesn't it?"

Last edited by Thraxis88 on Jul 21st, 2009 at 09:53 PM

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 09:49 PM
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

Vash more or less believes the story, and has a tad of respect toward Gabriel for it.

He looks over at the incoming Toki, nodding his head in welcome.

"We always seem to be headed somewhere..." replied Vash, smiling. "Business is business. To where were going now, I think you best talk to the Captain about that"

Don't know if the Captain wants the drifters to know anything about where they'r going yet.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 09:52 PM
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Toki didn't know if Kane was giving off a sarcastic smirk or if he was genuinely pleased to see such politeness, but given his experience with other people he was leaning towards the sarcastic side. It didn't matter to him though, he remained polite and answered his question with a stern tone. "Toki, Toki Kasumi sir. I am here to serve my captain and fellow crew members along with any guests we pick up or may cross."

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 09:53 PM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

"Good day, Harmony, it is a magnificent ship, I must say. I don't think I have seen one like it before. Is it new?"

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 09:59 PM