KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » FIREFLY RPG - Episode 0 - Prologue

FIREFLY RPG - Episode 0 - Prologue
Started by: REXXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (38): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Craft
CTE

"Where in town are we meeting Harlan, sir?" Alan asks Kelly quietly, not wanting to speak up in front of the new passengers.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 06:41 AM
Craft is currently offline Click here to Send Craft a Private Message Find more posts by Craft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Could I do an Observation roll on the people around me including Phil and Christopher?

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 09:28 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Well, as Kelly asked Nadra to come along to meet with Harlan, she will settle herself on the Samson.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 11:18 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thraxis88

Harmony tries to keep all the various weapons she's been handed in her arms without dropping any, and glances to the captain. "I'll be right back, sir!" Moving as fast as she can while pausing to pick up a dropped item every so often, she scurries to the armory, and proceeds to take apart and stow all the guns. She is very careful to make sure she doesn't break anything, and goes so far as to store the ammo separately. Afterwards, she carefully labels each gun's case and corresponding ammo box with the passenger's name in flowery, dainty script, closes and locks each case, closes and locks the cabinet, checks that the security systems are all in place and functioning properly, and finally closes and locks the armory door. Finally, she heads back to the forward hold to see how the Captain and doctor are faring against the now-disarmed passengers.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 11:58 PM
Thraxis88 is currently offline Click here to Send Thraxis88 a Private Message Find more posts by Thraxis88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Toki boards the Samson and awaits it's departure or further orders.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2009 12:38 AM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Kelly passes a scrap of paper up to Alan at the wheel of the Samson.

"That there's the address," Kelly tells you. "It's Harlan's office, after hours. He'll bring you in when you all show up. Don't dicker with him, neither. The price he sets is the price he sets, we're not too bad off right now."

Gabriel, your Obsevation roll goes well. Christopher seems... well, however he seems. Phil is very nervous, and you're willing to chalk it up to worry about spacetravel. The crew are all being business-like and most are armed, except for the three that are hanging around to talk to you about the ship.

If the crewmembers going off to see Foreman Harlan are set, we'll get that moving along.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2009 01:29 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Yup, seems to be. Lets go.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2009 01:50 AM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gazzar

Raven jumps aboard the Samson, "lets go."

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2009 02:58 AM
gazzar is currently offline Click here to Send gazzar a Private Message Find more posts by gazzar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Herr Rob
I Am Spartacus.

((OK I AM BACK. Dad took me on a fishing trip ffffffffffff.))

Christopher had zoned out for the moment, thinking about whatever. He blinked and came back to reality when good doctor spoke to him.

"... ah! Sorry. I mean, thank you for your compliments. I am just trying do what I can with my life out in the black."

He turned his attention to Phil and recalled him mentioning terraforming.

"You said you were a terraformer? You don't exactly look... cut out to be one."

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2009 04:09 AM
Herr Rob is currently offline Click here to Send Herr Rob a Private Message Find more posts by Herr Rob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Craft
CTE

Alan will accept the address, reading it twice to commit it to memory.

"Yes sir, captain sir!" Alan replies, although he had no intention of bartering with the price to begin with. Once everyone is settled in the Samson he'll take off into town.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2009 06:21 AM
Craft is currently offline Click here to Send Craft a Private Message Find more posts by Craft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

"There's a reason I'm quitting the life of a terraformer," Phil responds to Christopher. "I'm a second-generation terraformer. My father has been here since before the war. I refuse to follow in his footsteps..."

Meanwhile, the Samson thrums to life as Alan gets the hovering loader moving, and the crew of Gan Ying heads into town, minus the doctor and the pilot.

Eridu is extremely small scale, with squat buildings that are a blend between the hi-tech architecture of the central Alliance worlds and the reliable simplicity of wooden structures from farther out. Everything is covered in dust, and people are scarce. You pass Foreman Kane and his men as you head for Harlan's, and they wave as you go.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2009 09:07 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

I guess Phil, Christopher and I will board? Get settled. Btw, is it customary to have to give up your weapons, cause I'd prefer to keep mine.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2009 10:25 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Indeed, passengers are not permitted to carry firearms onboard.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2009 10:39 AM
Bardock42

Blast.

So we settle in our quarters?

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2009 10:56 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Not yet. Captain Kelly wants to get to know you better, but has been preoccupied with whatever it is that his crew has scrambled off to do.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2009 10:58 AM
Craft
CTE

Alan will stay focused on getting to the destination. This better not raise any questions later on, he thinks.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2009 12:21 PM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Kenneth nods at Phil's comment. "Some men can only do good with their lives in places that aren't where they started."

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2009 02:23 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Herr Rob
I Am Spartacus.

Christopher shrugged.

"To each his own, I suppose."

He turned his attention to the rest of the crew that was around him, then turned back to Kenneth.

"So, whose everyone else on this boat's crew, doctor?"

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2009 08:23 PM
Herr Rob is currently offline Click here to Send Herr Rob a Private Message Find more posts by Herr Rob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Phil agrees with Kenneth.

"Go out and do something, good motto to live by," Phil says, now less nervous.

"I'm Captain Kelly," the Captain introduces himself to you, Christopher. He's a lean fellow wearing a double-breasted gray pea coat and worn-in brown jeans, with black boots and a pea soup green buttoned shirt. "I own this bucket."

-

Meanwhile, the Crew and Nadra should pick out what firearms and melee weapons they are carrying on them!

As a reminder, Captain Kelly has restricted access to pistols only; he doesn't feel that this calls for anything heavy. Check the Main Rules thread to see the stats of each type of gun- here I will only list sizes and how many are available.

If you have Money to spend, one point will buy you a customized weapon- for example, Shaftoe's modified heavy revolver, or something ranged for Nadra that does not break the Companion rule against firearms.

-

ARMORY

Holdout Revolver- 10 in stock
Clips- 25 in stock

Light Revolver- 10 in stock
Clips- 25 in stock

Light Pistol- 10 in stock
Clips- 25 in stock

Light Machine Pistol- 10 in stock
Clips- 25 in stock

Machine Pistol- 5 in stock
Clips- 25 in stock

Heavy Revolver- 5 in stock
Clips- 25 in stock

Heavy Pistol- 5 in stock
Clips- 25 in stock

-

Melee weaponry is personalized and will not be kept track of through the Armory (with the exception of Passengers).

Remember that your Encumbrance limit is 8 for the purpose of this mission, as that is the limit for being able to carry things unseen.

Additionally, Christopher and Gabriel can choose what they had on them when they handed in their guns.

Last edited by REXXXX on Jul 23rd, 2009 at 11:04 PM

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2009 11:01 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Also, please indicate if you are taking from the Armory or if you are spending a Money point for the story to get a better gun.

If spending a Money point, clarify what it is about your gun that is being improved. Each point of Money spent on the gun will improve a stat (any stat) by ONE. Improvement can either be an increase (i.e. Damage) or a decrease (i.e. Size).

As a reminder, stats for guns are- Damage, * Rating, Size, Ammo Rating, Clip Size, Specialty

You cannot add Burstfire to anything that does not already have it, but you can add an Accuracy or Pointblank rating.

Last edited by REXXXX on Jul 23rd, 2009 at 11:17 PM

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2009 11:14 PM