KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Philosophy Forum » Phantom Limb Syndrom in Nonamputees (yes this does happen)

whats your situation?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Your all nuts! such a thing does not exsist 3 18.75%
Your wrong! MY LIMBS ARE REAL & I'm not insaine!! 1 6.25%
I have the phantom limbs! I totally feel the limbs I know arent there!! 7 43.75%
wow, didnt know this exsisted/ no opinion 5 31.25%
Total: 16 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Phantom Limb Syndrom in Nonamputees (yes this does happen)
Started by: Lt_Champion

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Cheerybelle

My friend and I both have feelings of body parts that aren't there. My phantom feelings are of cat ears, a cat tail, and wings despite me never really being into anime or anything like that. My friend has phantom feelings of female parts despite having always been male and planning to stay that way. Neither of us do drugs, nor have we ever experienced any mental problems.
The phantom body parts feel like they're there, and they feel like they move, but they are not there, and my friend and I find this very spooky and weird. The feelings also have increased in vividness over time, and we've been feeling them more often over time as well.

My friend and I thought that we were the only ones with the phantom feelings. Apparently not. Either way, it's very weird.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2014 12:35 AM
Cheerybelle is currently offline Click here to Send Cheerybelle a Private Message Find more posts by Cheerybelle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JJHafford

I am so glad I found this post! I know that it is old, but I've finally found the courage to try and find any info I could. I can find plenty on Alien Hand Syndrome, Phantom Limb Syndrome, but this is just about the only place I have found that people have the opposite. This is the first time I have ever mentioned it anyone, I'm the strange one in my family to begin with. I didn't want to add fuel to the fire. I feel that I need to find more information about this because my 6 yo is feeling the same way. She told me one day that her "wings" were gone and it upset her. I never said anything about my experiences to her so I know I didn't influence her thoughts or feelings.

Ever since I was a child, I have felt that something was missing from my physical body. I get strange pressure sensations right between my shoulder blades. Almost like when you feel the need to crack your back, but on the outside of the your body or in the muscles surrounding the shoulder blades. The sensation lasts for hours, sometimes the entire day. When that happens, I have odd dreams about flying and then falling out of the sky.

Old Post May 31st, 2016 05:25 PM
JJHafford is currently offline Click here to Send JJHafford a Private Message Find more posts by JJHafford Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Is this something the otherkin experience?

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Nov 10th, 2016 06:45 AM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CuriousBot

Hiya. I know this is a very old post, but I haven't seen any other conversations about this problem anywhere else on the internet. I have had chimeric(it means fantastical or illusory, not that I think I'm a chimera lol) limb syndrome for a while. I came up with the term because I wasn't quite sure what else to call it. It's completely bizarre, and is sometimes triggered during lightning storms or when I'm reminded of the sky, then I get the odd urge to fly. Or sometimes randomly when I stretch my back but it doesn't feel like I'm stretching quite all the way because from my shoulder blades out(this is the weird part) it feels like the "wings" aren't stretching out quite right. I obviously know I do not in any way, shape, or form, actually have wings. But the sensation is sometimes as almost as vivid as moving my arms are. I'll have dreams about flying often as well. I'm curious to see how many people get this sensation. I intentionally ignore it a lot when I do feel it, because it worries me a lot. I don't know if I hit my head funny when I was a kid and knocked my brain in the wrong spot, or if it's just a genetic defect I have where my brain adds some extra stuff on there because I already have the impulse to fly, but I'd eventually like to find out. I can't possibly elaborate on how vivid it is. When I walk when I'm having the sensation, I can feel when the chimeric limb brushes up on the wall or table, despite me trying to ignore it and even when I'm looking away. Certainly that is due to the fact that I know where the furniture or walls are because I'm looking ahead of me, but it always gives me chills because I most certainly should not be feeling limbs that aren't there. For anyone that finds this and has the same problem, PM me your contact info if you want to chat and don't want to post it publicly. I solely made this account so I could find out if there are other people with a similar or the same problem, and I'll check it every month or so for messages.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2019 11:18 AM
CuriousBot is currently offline Click here to Send CuriousBot a Private Message Find more posts by CuriousBot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

Sounds a little bit like cancer from smelling oranges when there is no orange there.
Maybe you should get a brain scan.

Ion: Sub-Atomic Power

Old Post Aug 29th, 2019 01:51 PM
Wonder Man is online now! Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

I can so relate to this thread. I feel like I have a big cannon attached to my body.

Oh wait, that's just my crotch, never mind.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2019 01:56 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

and just think cdtm. When you bear a child you have changed the face of life forever.
Teach people about change.

Ion: Sub-Atomic Power

Old Post Aug 29th, 2019 02:03 PM
Wonder Man is online now! Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jesse Quick

Smile I have the same thing.

Hi everyone!
So it's great to hear I'm not the only one with these feelings! I feel like my wings are there and I know they are not real. I don't know if you guys do the same as me but I make a story up in my imagination to make me feel better. I also have a mental disorder called BIID. It means Body Integrity Identity Disorder. When you have BIID you feel like a part of your body doesn't belong on your body. You want to be an amputee. For me, it's my left leg below my knee. I feel like it shouldn't be there.
Let's get imagining!
So I absolutely love The Flash. Those people don't know who that is he is the fastest man alive. Basically he has superpowers. Look it up.
anyway. I absolutely love the series. So for me to release my mental pain I put my self in the series. In my imagination of course. My character is me but when I'm 23 years old. In that world, I'm a Dragonite. It means I'm one of the seven people on earth who have dragon wings. And like the Flash I have super speed. I like hurting myself in that story in my mind. It releases mental pain. In the story, I work with the team in Star Labs to save Central City. I fly around in my fantasy.
My point is that it helps. It not only helps with wanting to fly around or wanting to be an amputee. It can also help if you deal with depression. Please try it. I highly recommend it. It really does help. You can place yourself in any world you want. It can be in Star Wars or Indiana Jones. And if people don't care if you are depressed in real life. Just tell the people in your imagination about your depression. Or that you (feel like) you have wings. Remember, there are endless possibilities.
I have to go now and fly in my fantasy. I hope you have a nice day!
Bye!

Old Post Mar 30th, 2020 08:32 AM
Jesse Quick is currently offline Click here to Send Jesse Quick a Private Message Find more posts by Jesse Quick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh shut up.

I will never be a memory.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2020 08:34 AM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote